[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found out today that the used car I bought not even 3 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0332.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0332.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
Found out today that the used car I bought not even 3 months ago is going to need a new engine due to permanent sludge damage from the previous owner. The car only has 43,000 miles. I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow and see what they say. What are the chances that they will replace the engine or give me a different car? I'm not making payments on a car that needs a new engine because they sold it to me with sludge that kill the engine. Will I need to get a lawyer?
>>
>>17561500
Didn't you look at the maintenance records?
>>
>>17561500
>permanent sludge damage
guaranteee if you looked under the oil cap when you bought the car there would have been evidence of this sludge
>>
>>17561513
Yes nothing suspicious. It was sold to me at the manufacturers dealership also.

I was told by two different shops that even if I paid to get the sludge clean the damage is so severe it would need a new engine regardless basically
>>
You've owned it for 3 damn months. It's all your fault. What car and engine?
>>
>>17561520
>nothing abnormal
>sludge city
Did you see any oil change receipts?
>>
>>17561527
The car has had 3 separate repairs at the dealer since I had it. They originally diagnosed the sludge and all the issues it has caused. It wasn't until a technician stepped me aside and told me the reality that the car is most likely going to need a new engine and told me to not get any other work done on it.

I've put 3k miles on the car and had an oil change done on it.
>>
>>17561549
Did you have any warranty come with the car? Is it certified pre owned? If so and they're making you pay for the engine,. Maybe go see a lawyer.
>>
>>17561560
It has an extended warranty yes. I also think it has a manufacturer powertrain generic warranty bullshit. Extended warranty won't pay to clean sludge and replace parts caused by sludge damage because sludge is caused by neglect even though I haven't even had it long at all. The dealer sold me the car with sludge.

I wonder if the limited manufacturer warranty covers an engine like this.
>>
>>17561578
We told you in your other thread that the warranty isn't transferable to the second owner. And the warranty isn't even applicable because it was abused. You're shit outta luck. Take it to carmax and as long as it drives decently you'll get a decent amount. Then go buy a 3k civic.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.