[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got one of these for my first car, how'd I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: moostang.jpg (527KB, 1887x1286px) Image search: [Google]
moostang.jpg
527KB, 1887x1286px
Not a picture of mine, since my phones been f'd up the past couple days.

Anyway, I honestly think I'm in love with the car, only think I dislike is that the front is so heavy.

>Inb4 underpowered
I literally never get a chance to floor it when I'm driving inna city, so I don't mind that it doesn't have a ton of horses. The torque feels bretty good though.
>>
They're dirt cheap, engine can go 250k+ with regular maintenance. Plenty of spare parts if something does break. Not bad.
>>
>>17558865
Please tell me it's a v6
>>
>>17558865
Why' would you care about it being nose heavy then if you don't even get the chance to floor it? You wouldn't be taking curves at speed either in a city.

Unless you think taking an 35 mph on ramp at 50 mph is at speed, then I would say kek to you sir.
>>
>>17559128
Really? They're that reliable? Awesome. Mine only has 160k so I guess it has a ton of life left in it.

>>17559183
Lol, no. The base model only has, what, 150 horsepower? I'd much rather have a miata than a v6 mustang, excluding the ones that push 300+ hp.

>>17559205
Even going slow you can tell its front heavy. Or when taking a sharp turn and giving it a good amount of gas. It just seems like its not very predictable due to all the weight being in front. Maybe it's just me, or the worn tires. I do get a chance to drive like an asshole on occasions, but I only do so when there aren't any people around.

On a side note, what's with the whole "mustangs can't turn," meme, anyway? It doesn't handle that bad. And of course if you have a ton of power and floor it from a standstill you'll lose control to a certain point.
>>
>>17559256
>It just seems like its not very predictable due to all the weight being in front
Welcome to why Mustang drivers have the reputation they do.
>>
Were they putting the Modular in those back then, or was it still the Windsor?
>>
>>17559256
Horse on an auto v6 is 190. Mine has 207k right now, still take it out and run 110+ when the opportunity is there. Get you some good tires before doing 90 plus.

>t. V6 auto moosetang owner (red)
>>
>>17559310
94-95 is Windsor, then it's 2v modular.
>>
File: 1485216990744.jpg (362KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1485216990744.jpg
362KB, 1106x1012px
>>17559256
The reason it has this reputation is more to do with the rear suspension than the front. The top links are too short and bind up when you load the car into a corner hard which kicks the rear out because it basically is like the suspension bottoms when it binds but then when the rear kicks out it un-wieghts that corner and generally when this occurs it is too far past the "recoverable" oversteer window so the car winds up coming out of the corner backwards. Look into a complete rear suspension kit (steeda 5 link, etc) and caster/camber plates in the front then springs/struts. If you just buy lowering springs right off the bat you will make the above described situation worse because the upper links are "closer" to binding up at static ride height. Dont feel bad desu, the FA/FB generation of RX7 had the exact same design flaw. Mustangs are best enjoyed at 50-60% attack until you have a complete suspension setup.

>looking to buy a nice sn95 or fox but passed on a pre-PI car about a month ago because lol 230hp.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.