[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /bad luck with cars no matter what/ here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1489519236013.jpg (61KB, 576x556px) Image search: [Google]
1489519236013.jpg
61KB, 576x556px
who /bad luck with cars no matter what/ here
>>
>>17554195
Me. Especially when I work on mine
>car starts fishtailing when I brake coming home from work
>jack car up at home, take brake drum off
>six million springs come flying out the second the drum comes off
>by then it's getting dark but I have work in the morning
>sit there for 3 fucking hours with a flashlight in my mouth fucking around with all those springs
>finally get it back together
>go to test brakes
>fucking air in the brake line
Ended up having it towed and payed out the ass for an uber. FUCK drum brakes
>>
>>17554229
maybe people like us were destined to walk, ride the bus, or go broke from the upkeep of our cars anon
>>
>>17554259
I ain't done yet. Not till it's totalled. Then it's on to the next one
>>
I ended up parting out my project car after 2 years since I got fed up with everything going wrong all the time.
>>
>>17554195
I destroyed my windshield the day I bought my car and now the tranny is making noise
>>
I threw a bearing on my first car and took 3 months to rebuild it then got t boned and it was and insurance valued my ls swapped third gen in perfect condition 4k
>>
>>17554304
Just tell her(him) to be quiet
>>
>>17554229
>owning a car with drum brakes
>not disk brake swapping it
>>
>>17554331
I'm afraid xe'll have xer antifa friends vandalize my house
>>
>>17554344
I will be soon as I get a chance
>>
>>17554195
My track record so far is two things fixed for every one fuck up.

Case in point:

Fixed the timing belt and water pump on my E30, only to have a previous owners lack of electrical knowledge almost send the car up in flames, He didn't put an inline fuse to the amp in the back, and ran the wire under where the seat mounts.
>>
Nothing is ever simple when it comes to old cars. Even non rusted ones. Was replacing shocks on my rust free s10 and the collet in the rubber bushing on the shock rusted on to the mounting stud, ultimately required pneumatic hammering and a pipe wrench
>>
>>17554344
>Tfw disc conversion kit costs 500 buckaroos
I dont feel like spending half my cars value just for discs on the back. Hold me br/o/s
>>
File: 1497743531882.jpg (124KB, 686x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497743531882.jpg
124KB, 686x800px
>car springs oil leak
>fix it
>discover coolant leak immediately after
>fix it
>broken handbrake cable
>fix it
>finally enjoying a car with no problems
>literally 20 hours later something's gone wrong with the wheel
>>
>get first car, 04 civic EX
>head gasket goes out 3 months later
>take it to get it fixed
>discover a shit ton on issues inside the engine
>end up paying 1k
>driving in randon dirt road (live in based Costa Rica) rock destroys secondary O2 sensor
>fix it
>few months later, clutch starts making wierd noise
>take it to the mechanic, bearing is fucked, and clutch disk is about to die
>have to change whole clutch assembly
>1 week later head gasket goes AGAIN
>fuck me
>get it fixed
>2 weeks later cat gets fucked
>change it
>TPS sensor gets fucked
>change it, same day get CEL
>primary O2 sensor this time, 110 USD
>currently needing a whole lot of work on suspension
>>
>>17554940
it is at that point you get a new car or bus pass
>>
>>17554344

Always made fun of civics and that whole scene but I just bought one for shits and giggles while I'm saving for another cuckstang. I have a 98 EX and want to put discs from an integra I'm assuming. Anyone know what I need?
>>
File: 20170715_201922.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_201922.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>Total first car ('12 Focus) when an old lady pulled out and t-boned me
>Second car ('01 Miata) kept springing new oil leaks faster than I could fix them after 35k miles of ownership at 248k
>3rd car ('01 Civic) is so far problem free and I'm doing the best I can to keep it that way
>4th car ('00 328Ci), parked at the side of the street which I haven't done in years, opened the door and a car ran into it
Pic related
I love cars but I just feel like I'm full of bad automotive luck
>>
Try having bad luck at life
>>
>>17555267
don't even start with me you fucker
>>
I had "bad luck" with a lot of my early cars (w Tempos, Civic, Fiero, MR2) but that was mainly because I was poor and didn't maintain them properly, wasn't really the cars' fault. My last 3 (4th gen Civic, Lancer and TT) have all been great because I take care of them.
>>
>>17554195
40km after I bought my motorcycle I picked up a nail in my rear tire. Tube was punctured so it wouldn't hold air, had to tow it back to the dealer.
>>
>>17555532

try me
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.