[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people here have any ownership experience with the twins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: slowbaru.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
slowbaru.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
Do people here have any ownership experience with the twins? I'm looking to turn my miata into a project, and find a daily. Looking online with these cars, it seems like everyone either has a perfectly reliable car, or deal with constant issues.

Anything I should look out for on these early models? Eyeing a 2013 with 9k miles at the moment.
>>
>>17554021
I wouldn't buy one of these new, they aren't worth it.

You can find used ones for under 20k easily. Get the BRZ instead of the GT86 as the BRZ comes with better tires for some fucking reason. Try your best to find one that hasn't been beat to shit, modified or anything.

They're very agile but lack power obviously. You can fix the torque dip and improve acceleration by replacing the headers and giving it an appropriate tune easily with a cob tuner or something.
>>
>>17554049
I would never buy one of these for anything above 25k. Coming from a NA miata, I have no problem with the 200hp, as im planning on doing the stupid fun stuff with the miata anyways, it will more or less stay stock. the BRZ in question is going for 18k at the dealership, but since there is no real warranty on it, I wanted to know if anything major happened with these.
>>
>>17554068
Fuel pump has been weird on some but I think it's covered by recalls. Stock taillights aren't sealed well but you can DIY fix that.
>>
>>17554068
18k and no warranty? thats a red flag. Either this is a small time dealership with nothing to its name to offer a warranty or its a repo/turn in and the kid fucked the shit out of it.

Definitely skip that one: if you're gonna buy from a dealership at least make sure it can be certified used or some shit by a real subaru dealer
>>
>>17554049
BRZ and FRS come with the same tires in the US.
>>
>>17554430
I noticed the 2017 86s aren't on prius tires anymore in the us.
>>
File: 1494549076044.jpg (209KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494549076044.jpg
209KB, 768x768px
>>17554021
It's a simple and honest car, very good compromise between cheap, reliable and fast. Don't believe the memes, it's more than fast enough for traffic, even if a minivan tries to race you, as long as you know what you're doing, you're gonna win. On top of that it's efficient and practical, contrary to popular belief, the rear seats are not useless, I've had 6'+ people in the rear several times and all of them ended up saying "I imagined this to be a whole lot worse". With the rear seats down... pic related.

Pro tip: the limiting factor to the speed are the shitty stock tires. With street legal sticky rubber mine does 0-60 in 6 seconds flat, cornering speeds and stability are ridiculous for the price point. And I can still kick the rear end loose if I want to.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.