[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To rotate or not to rotate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0196.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0196.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
Hey, /o/, my tires are due to be rotated, but my rear tires are less worn than the front ones. Should I rotate anyways or just balance?
>>
>>17553017
They rotate when you drive them
>>
>>17553017
Most tread should go where the power is, front on FWD rear on RWD and if you have AWD just FUCK OFF
>>
>>17553025
My car is FWD.
>>
File: 33.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
No the tires with the best tread should go on the front especially in FF platforms.
If your autistic or rich balance the tires every 10 000 km because as the tread wears away the overall weight of the tire decreases, thus the weights used to balence when mounted are now too heavy.

This is a never ending argument but in a FWD with the engine in the front, the front tires will wear faster generally. The other consideration is the front tires are responsible for turning so if steering through a puddle, I want the tires with the best tread to help disperse the water.
>>
>>17553053
If your car is fwd you need to rotate them. The best tires go on the back is nice in theory but in practical use with a fwd the front tires will wear faster than the rear so you have to rotate.
>>
File: hmmm.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>17553017
when in doubt, rotate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.