[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LADA NIVA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: lada niva.jpg (118KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
lada niva.jpg
118KB, 900x596px
soo what is your opinion on lada niva for me and my family is the best offroad veichle for our terrain in Slovenia. it's also a good veichle on our farm and light and small but can go pretty fast on dirt/rocky roads.
>>
breaks down constantly, cheap parts don't really help much when you have to replace them every two weeks or so
Also you'll get buffed up arms while steering, chugs gasoline like a motherfucker
but yeah for that price, you can't get better offroad car
>>
Most of the people who are into those swap out the engine for something that actually runs, I think
>>
>>17550711
Whats that video where a russian guy talking about some car with his western friend.

>looks like a lada
>car breaks down/doesnt start
>just like a lada
>>
parts are cheap and plentiful, but its so unreliable and breaks down so often that you cant rely on the car. electrics are simple, but somehow tend to let you down most of the time. also, very uncomfy, had a better time offroading in a 1978 Defender than this crap.
>>
File: 474-4072-2131-five-doors.jpg (93KB, 750x496px) Image search: [Google]
474-4072-2131-five-doors.jpg
93KB, 750x496px
>>17550711
I do 35 miles a day in mine. Some on really crap roads and some on smooth town tarmac. It is a 1990s SPI model and it hasn't failed to get me home. Parts are very cheap and easy to replace. The key to owning an older one is maintenance. I don't know why people say 'breaks down constantly' they clearly don't do any preventative maintenance. Newer ones benefit from greatly improved suspension and ride comfort with redesigned suspension. The low range is a joy to use and the differential lock has got me out of numerous sticky situations. The 1600 and 1700i engines are old fiat derived and again, the key is maintenance: Timing chain tightened every 10000 miles and oil changed every 3000 miles. I can imagine the newer multi-point variations are far more robust. Only issues I have had is with the electrics and rust on bodypanels with poor paint quality but mine is over 20 years old so I cannot pass comment on the newer models. Again, if you underseal the bottom and spray old oil in the box sections and regularly wash the body then you'll have no issues. If you are using it as a family vehicle then I would suggest a 5 door Niva model. If you end up buying one buy a set of $44 plastic arch liners and you will save some welding 20 years later. If you have snow, buy the optional snowplow attachment!
>>
>>17552083
im looking online at classfieds people want stupid money for these things. where do they sell them new?
>>
>>17552167
In Slovenia? There must be a Lada dealership somewhere.
>>
>>17552178
apparently germany has one.
that is not cheap but it isnt expensive either.
also 10L/100KM
I can buy a used jeep for less than a used lada, and still get better emm pee gees
>>
>>17550955
Where I live (Finland) Lada is known as an extremely reliable machine.
>>
>>17552213
I'd get in contact with Lada on social media, they seem pretty good a replying if you are stuck for dealerships.
>>
>>17552228
In the UK loads got sent back to Russia in the early 2000s. They are still driving to this day.
>>
god damn. i couldnt import it if I wanted to.
>>
>>17552328
forgot pic
>>
I hope Lada comes to canada. I 'd buy a russian shitbox in a heartbeat
>>
>>17552375
They were in Canada until the late 90s. They may be making a return in 2019 but I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the statement.
>>
Niva is near unbeatable for offroad capability to price ratio and an excellent platform for modding due to how shit-simple it is, but for God's sake don't try drive it on a highway with your family in it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.