[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fz09 or fz10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170717_012246.jpg (850KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_012246.jpg
850KB, 1564x1564px
Been thinking about selling my Harley for something faster, more nimble, and just all around more fun on the twisties where I'm from. I'll be using the bike for small commutes and occasional 2-4 hour rides on the back roads. I love the looks of the fz09 but I like the increased performance of the fz10. I want something relatively comfortable. I'm 6'3" and 235 pounds. Just looking to see if anyone here had experience with either of these and what your thoughts are on them
>>
>>17549846

How about losing some weight, fatass
>>
>>17549846

>all around more fun on the twisties where I'm from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8V6gAWgRVQ&ab_channel=WorldAmazingVideos

git gud, fag
>>
>>17549878

I've seen that video and that guy shreds. I used to have an 08 Dyna fxd that was easy to ride fast like that but I switched to a 15 road glide and it's loads different. Heavier and slower by a lot. It's not as much fun to ride. Thought I'd use it more for trips but that never happened. This time around I wanna mix it up and go with something more sportbike oriented but that's a little more comfortable for commuting to work/school
>>
File: 15_FZ1_4_l[1].png (1MB, 2000x1534px) Image search: [Google]
15_FZ1_4_l[1].png
1MB, 2000x1534px
slightly used FZ1
>>
>>17549846
I work at a Yamaha stealership, I've ridden both a lot. I'm a 6ft 285lb fat power lifter type, after putting a lot of miles on both I took home the fz09.

The power delivery of the 09 is much nicer, the throttle on the 10 is very "on-off' like a switch and because of the amount power it makes it's harder to move around town or anywhere that isn't wide open space. The 10 is more likely to snap the front end up, where the 09 is more predictable, although still plenty easy to float the front wheel. The seating position of the 09 is more comfortable for longer rides, the seat itself is nicer.

The 09 is also significantly less expensive, for almost twice the cash you're not getting twice the bike in the 10.

I'd still recommend riding both, the 10 was the first bike I've ever really wanted to get off of. The whole thing felt unrefined, like it wanted to surprise me in a bad way. I'm sure a guy could get used to it, but it wasn't for me.
>>
I'm 6'1" and I bought a fz09 because the riding position felt so nice. Plenty of power for me. Never been on a 10. Mine is a 2015. I'd listen to >>17550738 though sounds like pretty sound advice. I love my 09 more and more every day. Plus you can find leftover models of the 09 Fairley easily. I bought my 15 this spring new for a pretty good deal I thought.
>>
Im 6'3 and love my fz09.

The 2017s fixed the suspension, so it doesnt really have any glaring issues anymore, even then Im not heavy so my '15 is perfect. Long trips are not a problem, Ive done 15 hour days on mine.

I was also thinking about an fz10 instead, but could have literally bought two leftover '15 fz09's from my dealership for the same price as a '17 fz10 so it was a no brainer. 100+hp is still plenty for antics.
>>
File: 1498950094329.jpg (3MB, 4190x2358px) Image search: [Google]
1498950094329.jpg
3MB, 4190x2358px
>>17551024
>>
>>17549846
I did all three (MT-07, MT-09 & MT-10) back to back on one of Yamaha's Dark Side tour events. Can second >>17550738 that the MT-10 is all-around disappointing. but my surprise favorite was the MT-07. Nobody is going to pretend it's as well built as the MT-09 (the clocks vibrate most of the time, and the whole thing just feels a tiny bit cut-price), but it's fun as hell. Easy as fuck to ride, surprisingly loose and comfy.
>>
>>17551054
Got a LAMS MT07 it's was surprisingly easy to ride and being my first bike I picked up on it really quick. Everyone I talk to says its fantastic and everyone who rode it loves it. Having said that I can't wait till I upgrade my licence and save up some money because I have been hungrily eyeing of the 09.
>>
>>17551024

That was one of my main concerns with the fz09. Reading reviews and such, a lot of riders claim it's a but wonky in the corners and that the front end doesn't really want to stay down. They claim it doesn't feel very planted and that the bike gives a lot of sketchy wobble. I'm starting to wonder how much of it is factual and how much is related to their riding abilities.
>>
>>17551024
The price of the fz09 and what you get in return is pretty nice. I like the idea of the fz10 but like you mentioned, I don't see what you get really for the price difference. Also, I can't really recall a single fz09 owner regretting their purchase.
>>
>people still buy harleys in 2017
Just stay at home gramps
>>
>>17549878
the guy almost wipes out more than once and the guy on the sportsbike has no problem keeping up.
>>
>>17551341
There's good fun to be had on them but there's also so many better bikes out there I agree. Harleys Excel at looking good in the parking lot and turning air into noise and that's about it. There's a time and place for everything I guess.
>>
>>17551692
The guy on the Harley is riding his guts out and the guy on the sportbike is just keeping pace to film. Bet the sportbike rider didn't even break a sweat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.