[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1987 Monte Carlo SS or a season in karting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1500216363361.jpg (166KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500216363361.jpg
166KB, 1280x960px
I am unsure what to do. I recently found out that a regular customer from our shop used to compete very high level karting and is a good mechanic. He also had several sponsors and contacts that helped him out. It's my childhood dream to put on a racing suit and race other people but I knew nobody and I'm not that knowlegeable about mechanic.

The other option is that his friend is selling a 1987 Monte Carli SS like pic related for 6.5k$ but the customer guy said he would rather ask 4k.

What do? Is a racing season worth it? Or should I just settle for the Monte Carlo?
>>
>>17545331
Is that the Monte Carlo? With that blower on it and that paint? I'd go for that definitely. You'll get more recognition and you can still compete with it at drag racing if you still have that itch
>>
>>17545347
>blower
>>
>>17545360
Classic cars have blowers, especially if they're top mounted centrifugal with intakes sticking out of the hood like that. You can call your Roush whatever you want.
>>
>>17545331
I would deffinetly buy the monte carlo
>>
>>17545347
OP here. Yes that's the car. I don't know what to really ask aside from mileage, mods and VIN number. What else should I ask? Also, is it automatic only? I'd love a manual
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500223930218.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500223930218.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
Or perhaps is a Grand national better? But it's damn more expensive
>>
A season in the back of the field with an old used kart doesn't sound as fun as getting a new car imo.

t. high level kart driver
>>
>>17545387
Except that car has a bone stock 305 with a fake bug catcher
>>
>>17545387
Uh, centrifugals aren't mounted to the intake manifold itself, and that's just a bug catcher intake as heartbreaker said. A roots/twin screw would stick out more.
>>
>>17546008
If you were to do it again, would you still race karts?
>>
File: DSCF2308.jpg (467KB, 1229x922px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2308.jpg
467KB, 1229x922px
>>17546059
?
>>
>>17545331
if that's a real super charger then yes on the Monte Carlo, if not, no
>>
>>17545953
they never made a manual g-body (might be wrong, but pretty certain). Ask if theres rust under the quarter panels and in the trunk. Check for leaks as well. This car is fucking sweet
>>
>>17548615
lmao where the fuck are the carbs?
>>
>>17545331
Monte Carlo hands down.

The Monte Carlo can give you a year of fun and after a year you can save it at an appreciated value or same as your purchase price. Then you can spend your money on carting.

Keep it for 2 years or more and it might even appreciate assuming the car is straight with no flags. Use a classic car insurance for $200/year and you are golden if some old lady crashes it or some nignog steals it.
>>
>>17548728
under the bug catcher baka
>>
>>17548615
What is your question?
>>
>>17545331
That car can give you fun almost daily for years to come. A season of karting is what, a few months?
>>
>>17548615
>it's an OP thinks bug catcher intake = supercharger episode
>>
>>17548715
OP here. It is, really dig old american box cars. But after looking more into it, a Grand National is the cream of the crop

>>17548811
I'm just afraid I won't have fun. Big bro had a 2011 manual Camaro SS and it was so much fun but the car felt unresponsive? Too high tech and exhaust was weak

>>17548896
Might sound autistic but it's one of my greatest fantasy of putting on a racing suit and helmet and race. By the way, the customer that I talked about in the OP had more than 40k $ of sponsors back in the days
>>
>>17549721
Old cars have hydraulic power steering, it will feel like the land ship it's meant to feel like.
>>
>>17549848
>gbody
>not fairly nimble
>>
>>17549936
Hence "land ship" and not "land barge".
>>
>>17546059
Never heard about bug catchers. What's the purpose, more air to the engine? Better cooling?
>>
>>17545331
Go racing.

That monte carlo, while it is a sweet ride, will make you the target of every nigger and spic that sees it. If you're lucky it'll be stolen in the middle of the night. If you're unlucky you'll be carjacked and murdered.

Some cars are just "hood" cars. Same reason I'd never own a B body impala ss, it just makes you a target.

If you live in some white utopia with no nogs or spics anywhere nearby, go for it tho.
>>
>>17550992
Theres not too much immigrant in my area
>>
>>17550921
It's an air intake for the carbs.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.