[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Veloster Turbo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: e1f182eb.jpg (56KB, 1023x609px) Image search: [Google]
e1f182eb.jpg
56KB, 1023x609px
Hi all, I was looking at getting a $12-$14k used GTI for my next car and then stumbled upon the Veloster Turbo. For the same price of a comparable GTI, I get something that is:

-A few years newer
-Looks better (in my opinion)
-Is more unique
-Is more reliable and cheaper to maintain.
-Has basically the same power output.
-Is still under factory warranty, in most cases.
-Has more interior bells and whistles.

Does anyone have one of these or have any experiences with them?
>>
I think the veloster is much better. I see them quite often and dont hear anything bad. Not to mention they look sexy as hell and are pretty quick to boot. My friend owns one and he loves it. Hyundai is a good company.
>>
>>17545167
>Hyundai is a good company.
>>
>>17545174
error 404: mistake not found
>>
>>17545155
Don't get either. If you want a fun econobox just get a civic for 3k. Otherwise you should save more and get a Mustang gt or g37 that's actually has performance.
>>
>>17545189
If you want to get a mustang or g37 you should consider the genesis coupe. Its just as fast if not faster than those. Either the v6 or the turbo 4.
>>
>>17545155
Get the four door version. The body is a lot rigid.
>>
another midlife crisis cuckmobile thread
>>
File: 736TUhc.jpg (871KB, 2419x1814px) Image search: [Google]
736TUhc.jpg
871KB, 2419x1814px
Bought my 2013 a couple months ago for $10k.

So far, I've enjoyed it. I tried a few cars out before I decided on this, and wanted a FiST instead but they were all above my budget.

It's a great economy car with a little added performance. It's responsive as hell, and pretty nimble. The steering feels dead but to me it's negligible.

Id get it, man.
>>
None of those pros are true.
>>
>>17546277
Exactly, if you compare similar model years the MK7 GTI blows the fuck out of the Veloster Turbo in every way. There's a reason the Veloster is cheaper, it's a shit hothatch. Not even comparable to a GTI, FoST, or FiST.
>>
>>17546268
>>17545155
if you can tolerate the numb electric steering, it can scoot once you spool the turbo, around 3.5k~?

my friend has one of the turbo velosters and he enjoys it. I didn't want one because you're supposed to do oil changes every 2.5k because tarbo
>>
>>17546421
This so much. The Veloster is okay in it's own right, but even the turbo doesn't compare to anything except base model Civics, fuckus's, etc etc. Doesn't not compare to GTI, ST etc.. the turbo version of this car is just... Less slow, and certainly doesn't have the handling, chassis, or interior to match any of the "competition" you listed

Sorry man, maybe wait for Hyundai's new hot hatch? Or just grow your brain a bit and get one of the other cars you listed lol. I have no clue where you got that list of "comparative pros and cons" it's a bunch of BS
>>
Just wait for the Veloster to get the N treatment like we know it will.

Then you can make the choice easier because it will actually be better than the golf/st/ect.
>>
>>17546277
Actually, a few are. It is a lot more unique due to the weird coupe/hatch design, and there isn't a better warranty out there than Hyundai. It is more reliable and cheaper to maintain, along with being able to be bought for cheaper too.

Doesn't compete tho. That's where it lacks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.