[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the 6 cylinder falcon utes any decent and reliable? which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ford-FG_Falcon_Ute_XR8-2008-hd.jpg (217KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ford-FG_Falcon_Ute_XR8-2008-hd.jpg
217KB, 1600x1200px
Are the 6 cylinder falcon utes any decent and reliable?

which era should I get?
>>
>>17544586
the Barra is fairly reliable and has been used since the BA. if you go before the BA then the engines are quite lack luster, but they are over 15 years now.
>>
I swear to god fucking Holden ute drivers are even worse than any P plater JDM driver I've ever seen.

>Oh look at me and my super fast and super practical 2 door car!
>Let me rev up my engine while cruising down the street!
>Let me bolt off at every traffic light!
>Let me put on a massive fucking cannon muffler to piss off everyone on the road!

Just fuck off already, I'm glad Holden and Ford are dead in this country.
>>
the Ba falcons are probably the best you can get for your money as they are usually much cheeper as the newer models and have many of the same features, the ford 6 is probably the most reliable engine i can think of my car (el falcon) has 425000kms on the odo and i have only had problems with the alternator as its under the power steering filler and i am a bit clumsy.
>>
>>17544628
iknowrite, now, lets get rid of that pesky luxury car tax.
>>
>>17544586
Not well informed on the rest of the car, but the XR6 engine seems so tasty that I'm thinking of importing one to burgerland and putting it in a fox body. Heard nothing but good things about the turbo Barra.
>>
>>17544835
FG (08) onwards turbo 6 plus zf 6 speed auto is a creamy combo.
>>
>>17544835
had a mate who had the turbo on his XR6 literally fall apart twice. once after a routine service from a ford dealer, second time the next day after taking it back to be fixed from the first time. he sold it 6 months later without any more issues, so maybe just a shitty mechanic.
>>
>bought a BA XT with 260,000ks for $2000
>still running perfectly at 350,000k's

theres a reason they still use them for taxis, you cant kill them
>>
>>17544586
>Decent
Yeah they are ok. Not amazing but not chinashit.
>Reliable
Yes. The Barra is solid as fuck.
>which era should I get?
FG, Aim for a low kms 2012 one or so if possible.
>>
>>17544846
But the heat exchanger for the transmission WILL break and your fancy ZF gearbox will be fucked. Google "Falcon ZF milkshake".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.