[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid things you've bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0098.jpg (167KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
167KB, 960x720px
>2012
>buy pic related, but it was all stock jdm
>spend literally $17k on it on aftermarket goodies/upgraded internals/machine work/standalone ecu/manifold and turbo/injectors/other racing parts
>get it all mounted in the car

>20fucking17
>it's still just sitting outside with a tarp over it
>never been started or even turned over
>still needs a custom wiring harness and a bunch of other little bullshit
>lost motivation to finish it
>moved on to other projects over the years

Fuck me. I need some inspiration to drag this thing back in the shop and complete it before it starts rusting away outside. It's sickening to think that 5 years have gone by and I still haven't heard I run.

I doubt anyone here has done something more stupid with their hard-earned money than I did
>>
>>17541519
You installed the engine into the car without first checking to see if it'd run? Boy that's risky. You must not mind taking engines out
>>
>>17541519
That sounds like A LOT of money spent on a 2jz. What were you even trying to do with it?
>>
>>17541519
Sell it as a project for $40k+.
>>
>>17541519
why did you build your engine before you even got it to move your car
>>
File: 1485004036644.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1485004036644.png
643KB, 1022x731px
Not me, but sounds alot like my mate who has been trying to convert his s14 from auto to manual for the past 3 years. We were just laughing about it the other day and how it has literally sat in the same spot for 3 solid years.

>he bought an NA sr20 and 5 speed box. The other sr was cooked.
>2014 - "this will be done in a weekend"
>2015 - "I think it won't start due to an immobiliser issue"
>2016 - "I think it's something to do with the fuel pump"
>2017 - "I think it's something to do with a bad loom"
>tell him to take it to an auto electrician
>he refuses and claims its too much money
>mfw
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.