[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck, now I finally understand first hand why dryrotted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG2914.jpg (1MB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2914.jpg
1MB, 3264x1824px
Holy fuck, now I finally understand first hand why dryrotted tires are bad. And it wasn't even on the ground, the car was on jackstands when it just popped in the sun and shredded itself!
>>
>>17541178
cool story OP.
>>
File: IMAG2913.jpg (923KB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2913.jpg
923KB, 3264x1824px
The dryrot cracks wasn't just on the outside btw, it had spread into the inner tire. What I don't get is how it just popped only two weeks after I put the car on jack stands when it had spent months on the ground supporting the car's full weight.
>>
>>17541213

Coincidental.

I once had a wheel bearing that gave no indication of failing totally size after changing a tire.
>>
>Goodyear

Theres your problem.

On a serious note, how old?
>>
>>17541235
This op. How old is it? I'm pretty sure they don't make that tire anymore.

Check the last four numbers of the dot. If there's only 3 numbers then that tire is from the 90's
>>
>>17541178
You should be glad you were not driving on a cliff-side road where there is no guard rail. Your tire pops due to the high altitude causing extra stress to the tire. REEEEeeeeee right off the cliff
>>
>>17541178
I instantly lose respect for anyone when I see their tires are rotting. You could be warren buffet for all I care...if you got as much as a spider crack along the outsides then you're DROPPED

seriously. These people run the same set of tires for 2-3 years. It's ridiculous
>>
>>17541821

>I drive on single lane cliffside roads with mix and match well worn tires with some showing chord and all with at minimum 5 plugs with a couple in the sidewall or shoulder
>Not to mention with 1/4 turn of play in the steering wheel where even on the loaded side it can (50/50 chance right?) pull to that side for a moment even cranking the wheel in the opposite direction, bad brake bias and a myriad of other things
>tfw I still play chicken with larger vehicle despite all the issues
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.