[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you put your two new tires in the front or the rear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: pilot_super_sport_Persp.png (123KB, 495x468px) Image search: [Google]
pilot_super_sport_Persp.png
123KB, 495x468px
Do you put your two new tires in the front or the rear?
>>
>>17540398
New tires always go to the rear, even if it's a FWD car.
>>
I always put the better ones in the front for maximum dorifto.

I also have the fronts at ~4psi lower than the rears for the same reason.
>>
My fronts and rears are different sizes.
I'm either buying two fronts or two rears here.
>>
>>17540398
I put my four new tires in all four corners.
>>
I buy four new because im not poor
>>
>>17540398
>two
>>
>>17540398

Opposite corners, so front right and rear left one time, and then front left and right rear the next time.

Figure it evens it out, having one new tire in the front and one in the back, it should even out grip levels between front and rear, so it's obviously the best possible set up when buying two new tires.

Normally, I just replace one tire every 3-6 months, as the front right tends to wear out pretty quick. When I do that, I just rotate all the tires one place clockwise, with the new tire going on the rear right, rear right to rear left, rear left to front left, front left to front right. Keeps all my tires in pretty good shape, and grip levels seem more than adequate.
>>
>>17540398
Better tires in the front. *****Maybe**** snap oversteering is better than understeering and not being able to brake. A front tire blowout is also much worse than a rear tire blowout. Put good tires in the back and shitty ones up front and drive in winter to see how retarded it feels.
>>
>>17540419
>>17540430
>>17540560
>>17540571
3 different answers and a maybe, wtf is my poor ass suppose to believe
>>
>>17540626
How often do you lose traction in the front (understeer) if you understeer then put them in the front. The engine puts a lot of weight in the front so traction usually isn't a big deal. Also if it rains a lot and think you'll hydroplane then put it in the front.

Otherwise put them in the rear so you won't oversteer because the back has no traction.
>>
File: Chinese_tire_TRIANGLE_brand.jpg (56KB, 757x527px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_tire_TRIANGLE_brand.jpg
56KB, 757x527px
>>17540398
>Do you put your two new tires in the front or the rear?
My FWD has almost all the wear occurring to the front tires. So the trick is to rotate tires such that the rears are acceptably low when the front tires finally reach the lowest point I will accept.

I will keep going until the tread on both rear and fronts is one credit card thickness higher than the tire tread wear indicator that the tire manufacturer puts into all their tires. If it is the rainy season that I'm replacing tires, then it will be 2 credit card thicknesses so that I reduce hydroplaning issues. Letting it get to the wear bar is too much wear to prevent hydroplaning.

I rotate my tires so that I replace all four tires at the same time. This has multiple advantages:

1. Cheaper because many places have either the BUY 3 and get 4th free or more commonly "Buy 4 and get $80 off on the 4th tire". So there is cost savings over buying just 2 tires at a time.

2. All four tires are new with new rubber and the latest improved compounds. Thus, I don't worry about dry rot or the rubber getting old and less springy soft so that it sticks to the road with that "new tire feeling". When the rubber gets older and dried out, it loses that "new tire feeling" as many of you sensitive drivers in harsh arizona/deserts may have noticed.

3. Having all 4 tires new increases the amount of time the car possesses reliable tires. By sticking to the 2 tires at a time method, the car always has at least 2 tires mostly worn for the rest of its entire lifespan. With that in mind, the 4-tire method is better. And the cost is the same or lower than the 2 tire method over the lifespan of the car.

Picture: Name brand chinese tire with internal belt separation problem (yes, triangle is a "respectable name brand" in china)
>>
>>17540648
You usually have to be driving pretty fucking fast and hard to get the rear end to kick out, even in the rain.

Also if your tires are wearing evenly you need to stop driving like a grandma.
>>
>>17540398
I buy only four new test winner tires when needed replacing.
>>
>>17540696
can confirm it.s pretty hard to kick the rear out on a fwd vehicle. I just replaced my two front tyres with some slightly used summer tires and left the bit more used all seasons in the rear on my fwd skoda so I have an easier time making the car oversteer at high speeds.
though I have to work a lot with weight transfer and either scandi flick or trail brake into it. it is unbelievable to me when I hear people saying they lost control of their fwd car and even spinned out. you have to be pretty fucking retarded and do literally everything in your power to lose/spin a fwd car.
>>
>>17540398
on the left
>>
>>17540419
Not enjoying free oversteer.
>>
>>17540678
that tire is legit scary, i wouldn't go near it while it was under pressure
i'd stand back 50 yards and shoot it from cover
>>
Staggered fitment here but the rears wear first but by that time the fronts are under 50% so I do both
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.