[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will they survive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 64

File: download.png (6KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 254x198px
So apparently Harley Davidson is struggling to attract millennials.

No surprise as they don't see it as a good investment, more so a luxury item. Additionally no one wants to be associated with obese boomers blasting shitty rock.

I usually see young ppl riding crotch rockets which is fine. If I can get a Jap bike that's faster at a fraction of the cost why not.

What does Harley do from here. Looks like once their boomers die off they're fucked.
>>
>>17539220
It's just their time to go.
>>
They should make quality generators at a lower price point then honda.
>>
make better bikes or go out of business or they could just serve niche customers
>>
Jap and italian rockets aren't just safer, they're safer. The sport image may encourage dangerous riding habits for some people, but they have stiff frames and suspensions that don't get death wobbles easily, really good brakes with ABS, and shit like rider modes and traction control so you don't kill yourself on damp pavement. Or at all. Yes, you can buy a literbike and press a button to make it accelerate like a mid-sized 80s UJM.

Harleys have, uh, crash bars. You're not meant to ride them if it's not sunny out and if the highway isn't straight and empty.
>>
>>17539285
can't forget lean angle

nobody wants to scrape a pipe and flip the bike over trying to keep up with traffic around corners
>>
>>17539268
>American automotive company
>making sensible business decision
Nope
>>
File: HD_V_Rod_Muscle.jpg (296KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
HD_V_Rod_Muscle.jpg
296KB, 1000x667px
Harley has made decednt progress in the last decade. The problem is people like you, OP, who have never ridden a new one nor even just researched them, yet you still go around calling them "out-dated boomer mobiles."

Harley generally uses better materials and more US-made parts than other brands - I hate when cars/bikes use "chrome-painted" plastics all over the place, it cheapens the experience. That said, H-D has been trying to bring down the prices over the last few years by introducing a few "entry-level" bikes. Yamaha Cruisers are basically just as expensive as comparable H-Ds.

You probably aren't aware that Harley has been slowly incorperatimh liquid-cooling into many of their bikes over the last ~4 years (and I'm not talking about the Porsche-engined VRSC). The boomers think that liquid-cooling ruins the classic Harley 'look,' so Harley has quietly been incorporating "spot-cooling" into a lot of their bikes This is just a small water-cooling system with a small radiator that stays mostly hidden and efficiently cools certain "spots ofthe engine. The long-term plan is for H-D to go liquid-cooled in a few years.
';
>>
>>17539220
>So apparently Harley Davidson is struggling to attract millennials.
They are also bad bikes to use for committing crimes. They are overly bulky and loud. An efficient getaway bike that can hold two people isn't what Harley sells. So they lost a large segment of customers there.
>>
>>17539365
rofl
roflrofl

Fuck you faggot. Harley made their choice years ago to be the brand ambassador for the """badass""" fat, balding, 2nd midlife crisis having choads out there. They got exactly the demographic they wanted and no amount of shapeshifting is going to fix the image that it's just an obnoxiously loud piece of shit made exclusively for fuckhead boomers.

maybe they'll add more cup holders on the next iterations.
>>
>>17539268
>They should make quality generators at a lower price point then honda.

Those would be pretty loud generators then with the signature H-D rumble.
>>
Harley just doesn't make cool bikes is really what it boils down to. Just look at the Yamaha vmax. Bitchin v4 in a fuckin pimp ass looking cruiser? You kidding me? How can anyone even compete? With another cucked 1200 v-twin? Cool story bro
>>
>>17539383
Are you 13 years old or do you just have an underdeveloped perception of how the world works?

>I talk about how H-D hast been trying to stay competitive through liquid-cooling and lower-end models.
>You roflrofl like an elementary schooler.
>Hurr fat boomers and cup holders

It's almost as if your entire understanding of Harleys is purely social stereotypes from TV and movies.
>>
File: honda_cbr1000rr_sbk.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
honda_cbr1000rr_sbk.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
I hope they go bankrupt
>>
>>17539365
>>17539444
>lower end models
The street 500/750 is shit and you can't deny it.
>>
File: IMG_1278.jpg (85KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1278.jpg
85KB, 800x533px
Rumor is HD is trying to buy Ducati from VW
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-ducati-m-a-idUSKBN19C1XX
>>
>>17539220
Hopefully they go bankrupt, one step to getting those compensating, middle aged fatfuck """riders""" off the road.
>>
Shame, I much prefer an old boomer on a Harley to some 20-something riding like a douchebag on some jap crap lane splitting and weaving all over the place. Oh well.
>>
File: fonz-tri.jpg (81KB, 780x738px) Image search: [Google]
fonz-tri.jpg
81KB, 780x738px
>>17539365
OP here

No. Harley riders thought they were this guy. Wanted to be cool guy Fonz and now that they're obese sweaty lard asses no one wants to associate with them. That's HDs target buyer.

Harley knows they fucked up. Millenials are too stuck in college debt and trying to simply live rather then buy overpriced garbage and look like a wannabe hell's angel.

The masses don't care about your liquid cooling nonsense. That's not even why they're not selling bikes.

People want affordable bikes that go fast and look nice. Without taking out essentially a car loan in the process.
>>
You all half nutted young sons of bitches trying to shit on an American tradition can fucking suck it go get me another beer gaddamiit
>>
File: HDDDD.jpg (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HDDDD.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
>>17539471
At least they're significantly better than the Buell Blast was. People asked for cheaper models and Harley delivered.

>>17539686
Wow, you really are a high schooler. Stop trying to put people in boxes.

Maybe some people just enjoy torquey, wide-tired, deep-rumble-making motorcycles.

I want to also point out that 2/3rds of Harley-Davidson's history was before Happy Days even started.

>The masses don't care about your liquid cooling nonsense.
>People want affordable bikes that go fast and look nice.
Yes, and liquid-cooling has nothing to do with performance or reliability, right?

...stop worrying about what other people think all the time and just try to have some fun while you're alive.
>>
>>17539933
wait thats a harley?
sign me up
>>
while HD do looks nice, their engines suck. at least from what i've heard they have to be rebuild every 30.000 miles or so, while japs can go well over 200.000. i myself drive a 750 shadow ace and it's a very good bike. almost clocked 50.000 on it and i only had it fail once but that was because i put extra front lights on it and the battery couldn't take it. otherwise it's a good looking bike which rides well. it only misses a sixth gear tough. but that can be solved by putting a smaller sprocket at the back.
>>
>>17539220
The brand is too associated with Boomers, they're in the same sort of place that Cadillac is in.

If I was them, I'd just create a new brand to sell a different sort of motorbike and tailor that brand to cater to what young buyers need. Bikes are cheaper and more fuel efficient, I'm sure there's a market there if they have a halfway competent marketing department.
>>
Harley is a victim of themselves. They spent so much time selling an IMAGE tailored to turds and boomers and now boomers are dying off. They also fucked Eric Buell in the ass which I know pissed riders off. They have also shown themselves to be hypocrites when they talk about buy Murka or you ain't Murkan then you look at all the non-Murka parts on their bikes and go WTF? They also can't compete on a level playing field with a lot of their bikes in terms of quality, performance, and pricepoint. And their model designations are dumb. FRSCLMNOP

I will admit they have been getting better in some regards and there are a legit few Hardleys I would own but IMO it is too little too late for them. They made their bed they can lie in it.
>>
>>17540004
>The brand is too associated with Boomers
Boomer or not, my view of the H-D stereotype is that H-D are inconveniently big, heavy bikes that are loud and vibrate a lot. I saw an H-D the other day and one of the chrome accessories was vibrating pretty hard back and forth. To me that looked low class.
>>
>>17540181
I remember reading the autobiography of the founder of the Hell's Angels and he said something to the effect of "No, I'm not a big fan of Harleys, actually my advice is to look at a BMW motorbike first"

To me, they are what they are, and they cater to a segment of the market very well - but that segment is getting older and smaller by the day.
>>
H-Ds are gay as fuck nowadays.
>>
>>17539220
It's more that millenials don't have credit and nobody wants to finance them, plus college loan debts because they chose liberal arts over a welding certificate

t. guy who can't get financed because shit credit and bought a beat up Ninja off craigslist instead
>>
>>17539220

Cheap small bikes and cheap cafe racer bikes. Nobody wants 800lb of chrome pushed around by 50hp anymore.

See:
> Husqvarna 401 Vitpilen & Svartpilen
>>
yesterdays technology at tomorrows price.

had a 919cbr and 1100 shadow, id rather have a goldwing than almost any harley.
>>
>>17540246
It's more like millennials don't give a fuck and rather spend money and time on experiences and traveling.

Not spending thousands for a heavy bike catered to old men with midlife crises and going to biker dive bars.
>>
>>17539817
shut up dad
>>
>>17540584
>id rather have a goldwing

>nobike:thepost
>>
>>17539402
That put 500w.
>>
>>17540584
Harley-Davidson Touring bikes start at $19,000.

GoldWings start at $24,700.

That feel when nearly everyone in this thread knows nothing about motorcycles other than normie stereotypes.
>>
>>17539402
Its a generator who the fuck cares, 9/10 your running power tools off it. They just need to have one of their employees buy a honda generator and take it into work, then they modify it just enough to avoid getting sued and then sell it for 3/4 the price.
>>
>>17541013
For this amount of money you could easily buy a sports car like a Honda s2000 or even a Corvette C5
>>
>>17539444
it doesnt matter if they have been moving downmarket or trying to incorporate modern technology, that isnt the issue. their brand is.

the attitude "millennials" have towards harley davidson is almost universal contempt because the image that the company has projected is fundamentally misaligned with the consumer base. the company says badass outlaw, the reality is overweight office worker.
this, in my opinion, is the crux of the issue. its so far away from authenticity its cringeworthy.
>>
>>17539444
>>17541596
also, "normies" are the only thing that keep companies alive, their money and their brand perceptions are the ONLY thing that matter for the ongoing success of a consumer product.
>>
>>17541596
>the attitude "millennials" have towards harley davidson is almost universal contempt because the image that the company has projected is fundamentally misaligned with the consumer base

Yeah, the company didn't project that image; the news, media, and people who dislike motorcycles did.
>>
>>17541729
when do you ever hear harley davidson in the news media
>>
File: harley_branding(lol).jpg (46KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
harley_branding(lol).jpg
46KB, 500x608px
>>17541729
>>
File: shopping.jpg (28KB, 656x656px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
28KB, 656x656px
>>17542370
What's your point?
>>
>>17542560
The brand has a geriatric leather sex roadhouse image because that's the fantasy of the old farts that buy them and no one wants to be a part of it.
>>
>>17542343
"Biker's for Trump"
>>
I love Harleys, but I hate most Harley riders. Weird place to be.

But Indian bikes are best bikes desu
>>
>>17539365
It is 2017 and your using Harley trying to start liquid cooling bikes as a pro...2 liquid cooled bikes in 2017!
>>
>>17542594
114 > 111

I like both though
>>
>>17542582
>he thinks you have to belong to a culture just because you buy a bike
What a faggot.
>>
>>17539365
>Posting the abomination that is the vrod

No get the fuck out of here with that shit, everyone likes to poster child the fucking VROD as progress.

That thing is absolutely horrible, I work at a harley dealer and I have ridden everything that harley makes under the fucking sun. I can say with complete honesty that that thing is fucking horrible.

It can't corner, it looks like shit and isn't even that fast.

>>17539933
To further add, the streets are absolute shit as well. All the ones i've had experience with were utter garbage. They literally feel like gook bikes, constant issues with fuel pumps, cheap wiring, cheap components. The worst build quality ever.

The lowrider S is the best bike harley has made since the FXR.
>>
>>17539220
I have owned quite a few motorcycles. Cruisers and sportsbikes alike. My current bike is a '16 HD Roadster 1200.

It's a fat damn pig compared to my last bike (euro literbike). The throttle is choppy, the power delivery isn't smooth, it runs out of rpm pretty quick... but the damn thing is so much fun to just ride. Super comfortable, good posture, and I can lean the thing like a bastard. It has a lot of character. I don't rev the shit out of it. Honestly I just left the stock exhaust on. It's not obnoxious and nobody complains

Don't get me wrong, I miss 4th gear wheelies, but the HD is just plain fun. I liken it to a Jeep Wranger. They're not fast, they're not pretty, they're old-school and a shitload of fun to drive.

I'm 28, not sure if that counts as millenial or not
>>
There will always be fat, middle aged men stuck in joyless lives of marriage, kids and middle management to buy Harleys in a sad attempt to rescue their lost manhood.
>>
>>17542607
We are but simple creatures who judge by association.
>>
>>17540754
>spend money on experiences and traveling
>the poorest generation
LOL. Sure pal. Nice self awareness.
>>
I think a lot of millennials just grew up with the image of HD being crappy dad rides, the head to toe leather skull look is just not in, and it's never coming back.

Even if they ran an aggressive campaign to rebrand, they can't change the very look of their bikes themselves, which by and large don't look cool either. That being said I can't wait for boomers to curse us on their death beds for killing HD, cable TV and chain restaurants
>>
>>17542726
>Even if they ran an aggressive campaign to rebrand, they can't change the very look of their bikes themselves,

they are trying very hard to do this with the new sportster. the commercial is even marketed towards yuppie commuters.
>>
>>17542726
They already did through every outlet and avenue available from politics to the economy to business to the environment.
>>
>>17542740
They need someone like Lee Iacocca to make something like the K car, something basic and cheap that large numbers of people want.
>>
>>17542748
They're pushing the x-games hard right now too with flat track but Indians beating them at that already. Kawasaki already was before that. They need to make something that actually looks cool like their flat trackers though.
>>
>>17542740
>>17542748
I went ahead and pulled a random picture of a 2013 HD, something I figure someone my age (25) could afford with a salary job. Still looks like a harley, which just isn't cool to young people.

Young people become old people though
>>
File: Motorcycle.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Motorcycle.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>17539220
It's too big and heavy and loud and it's seating arrangement sucks. It would be hard to the Harley motorcycle like in this webm. That means H-D doesn't sell bikes to this demographic.
>>
>>17542796
It looks Happy Days a fuck, half the reason sport bikes are still doing well is because of 80s nostalgia.
>>
>>17539220
Die off and let superior Indian take over
>>
>>17542827
People aren't as into the 80s as they used to be. The only people I know that are left in that era are there for cartoons and Japanese stuff. Obviously I don't know everyone but it must be a fair assessment given the claims that HD aren't attracting millennials anymore.

If I had to make a guess as to future trends, watch for more dual sport bikes to sell, millennials like good investments, seem to like the outdoors, and dual purpose items.
>>
>>17539220
It's not about Jap being faster, better, or more reliable. It's about the Harley image and the price. It's tied to the young people of decades ago who are now in their 50s, 60s, and even 70s with wads of cash to blow away. Boomers grew up with Harley and they'll die with Harley. If Harley wants to recreate itd image it can certainly do that in a similar way to how Lexus went from being the old money luxobarge brand to the luxury sport brand.

I live near Milwaukee so I know all about the HD presence.
>>
>>17539383
>for the middle aged man looking for boi pussy
Ftfy
>>
File: 1495349489102.png (15KB, 240x304px) Image search: [Google]
1495349489102.png
15KB, 240x304px
>>17539220
i hope harleycuck die with there shitty homo cuck brand
>>
>>17539220
Melinnial here.

My dad, all his friends, my father in law, all his friends, and most other older guys I know all ride Harleys. I don't. I don't like the look, the vibration at idle, the retarded fucking maintenance costs, and especially the pompous fucking attitudes from people who do ride them. I'm less of a man because I don't ride a Harley?

Fuck that, I'll get a 4k jap cruiser that looks better, runs smoother, puts out more power, uses less gas, and has cheaper parts.
>>
File: 902.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
902.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>17542797
nice
>>
Why don't they finance another show like American chopper and put it on mainstream TV or netflix?
>>
>>17539220
Clearly young people don't want Harleys.

Honestly, I'm not surprised.

Young people are moving away from personal transportation in general so even less people will be buying motorcycles, let alone Harleys so yeah, what did you expect.
>>
>>17539285
>Jap and italian rockets aren't just safer, they're safer

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>17539383
That bad arse image came about in the 50's when harley's were cheap leftover items from ww2 and all the troubled poor fags bought them and raced around on them.
>>
>dad used to be a Jap guy
>Hondas, Yamahas, Kawasakis, you name it he rode it
>ATGATT even before ATGATT was a thing
>now he's 60 and paunchy
>has a Harley since 2005
>barely takes it out anymore
>when he does he "rides free"
>>
>>17539686
I also thin most of the hells angels types want to build a harley from the 60's or 70's meaning their new bikes are reserved for office worker wannabes.
>>
>>17540211
Why do hells angels ride harleys then?
>>
>>17541729
The media created the image and harley went with it by choice.
>>
>>17542624
>That thing is absolutely horrible, I work at a harley dealer and I have ridden everything that harley makes under the fucking sun. I can say with complete honesty that that thing is fucking horrible.
>It can't corner, it looks like shit and isn't even that fast.

It's a cruiser you retard.
>>
>>17543268
>Fuck that, I'll get a 4k jap cruiser that looks better, runs smoother, puts out more power, uses less gas, and has cheaper parts.

lol
>>
>>17543467
B-BUT EVERY BIKE SHOULD BEHAVE LEIK A SPORT BIKE XD I'M A FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE
>>
is indian..

dare i say...

/ourguy/?
>>
I talked to a guy who tows bikes in my area, I asked him what the bike he sees the most of, he wouldn't answer. We got to bullshitting, he said I shouldn't look at a HD until I make more money.

I'd be fine riding one if they were affordable, but the simple fact is they're too goddamn expensive. Their cheap bikes are shit according to the motojornos and don't exist in the secondhand market yet.
>>
>>17543557
>not affordable
>too expensive
>cheap...shit
You just sound like you aren't in the income range for a Harley desu
>>
>>17543568
I don't mind spending a little more money and getting a little more bike, but it's more that they are a bad value proposition if you look at initial buy in and MTBF.

This coming from a guy that rides an Aprillia
>>
23 year old Harley rider here

ask me anything
>>
>>17543693
Are you gay?
>>
>>17543702
Why, do you want to fool around?
>>
H-D will adapt, or die. Simple as that.
>>
>>17543708
Yes.
>>
>>17543730
okay
>>
File: muhheritage.png (1MB, 1008x582px) Image search: [Google]
muhheritage.png
1MB, 1008x582px
>>
>>17539220
They won't survive, they told buell to fuck off and it was the biggest mistake they ever made now they will never be able to make a bike to compete with Japan.

They dug their own grave and deserve to fill it.
i hope the smug old cunts die sooner rather than later.
>>
the Harley image is something millennials dont associate with. let her jackets and bandana are cringy to young people
>>
My uncle LOVESSSSS(!!!!!) HD.

>almost everything in his house was purchased from an HD dealership.
>all his clothes are HD brand (shirt, jeans, belt, boots, EVERYTHING)
>every gift he gives comes from HD
>shitty HD tattoo
>picks up stained glass / welding as hobby and literally everything he fabricated is modeled after HD

And lo and behold he's an insufferable cunt.

He ruined his relation with one of my aunts. The fight was so bad that my grandmother had a heart related episode and she had to get a pace maker installed because of the stress. My aunt and uncle don't talk anymore

He ruined the relationship between my mom and another uncle because he convinced my uncle to move out of my moms house (where he and my grandmother were living rent free) and take my grandma with them so they can get a house together (hey it's cheaper when you can use your mothers pension money to pay for your rent right?!). They didn't even tell my mom, she found out when she got home one day and all her shit was missing. What's fucking worse is that he ended up not liking it there (because hurr dude the shitty people I hang out with aren't great) and ditched them after half a year. Now my uncle had to get a shitty house to take care of my grandmother. I heard he had to ditch Austin because some other biker gang wanted to kick his shit in, which is why he convinced them to get a house with him.

He stole my gun and my baseball bat. I reported that shit but nothing has come from it.

I'm glad that the woman he was seeing ditched him when she made millions of dollarinos from some hotel mogel after they illegal constructed a hotel on her grandfathers property.

Fuck that guy and fuck HD. I'm glad they're struggling.
>>
I hope im there when this faggot government realizes apps arent going to save the economy. God damn dumb fucks. America is getting REALLY brown.
>>
File: Americans.jpg (21KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
Americans.jpg
21KB, 384x395px
If it's shit it goes out of business, it's that simple. Germany had around half a dozen motorcycle manufacturers up until the sixties, even more before the war, and then they dropped one after another until by the 90s only BMW were left.
>>
>>17539220
>no cheap bikes under 5k
that's why. I wanna get a new bike just to mess around on but I don't wanna spend more than 4 grand so I'm gonna get a grom or maybe a duel sport just for riding/messing around.
>>
>>17543467
yeah a muscle cruiser in competition with the Vmax and the Diavel.

Both those bikes got way more power and can corner properly.
>>
>>17539444
>It's almost as if your entire understanding of Harleys is purely social stereotypes from TV and movies.
that is 99% of peoples entire understanding of almost everything. I know you consider yourself an enlightened gentlemen but you are just as detatched from those you think you're better off.
Neither of you are wrong, both of you are right.
Deal with it.
>>
>>17540004
>same sort of place that Cadillac is in.

I didn't realize that Harley-Davidson is in the process of becoming a luxury performance brand.
>>
>>17544396
>vmax
>able to corner
As an owner of one I thoroughly kek'd, the only thing that bike does right is make you shit yourself
>>
>>17539220
Well yeah they blow ass

Why would I buy a Harley? There's literally no reason
>>
File: 1495591719734.jpg (56KB, 1134x942px) Image search: [Google]
1495591719734.jpg
56KB, 1134x942px
>>17543777
>>
>>17539933
The only harley that isn't objectively trash. I'm still not buying one though

>>17539817
>He spent 20k on a Glide
>Gets btfo by a nigger on a dirt bike
lmao go home dad
>>
>>17544466
>Why would I buy a Harley?
You can pretend like you're better than peasants without Harleys. Also Harley themed hats, shirts, mugs, bandanas, assless chaps, strap-ons etc. The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>17544498
Holy shit I want to buy literally everything Harley themed and wear it on my SV650 and follow around random Harley riders
>>
>>17544511
Lmao same. Wanna do this on my virgin-max and see if any fat boomers notice.
>>
>>17544521
I live in phoenix which is full of old people so there's a pretty high concentration of BORN TO BE WILD old fat bastards who think they're in the Hells Angels

it would be hilarious, they get triggered by sport bikes already
>>
>>17539444
Not him but that guy is totally right you should get out of the house and head to your most visited gas station on a weekend, you'll find them there, because that South Park episode does have some truth to it, they just want to be seen more than they want to ride them, the stereotype has basis on reality.
>>
Post yfw harley is going to own ducati soon
>>
If it makes any difference everyone will always think the guy driving a yamasaki or honda into the highschool parking lot is a lot cooler than the fag driving his dad's harley in. You wanna argue that? Literally any college campus, older fucks are driving the big loud harleys while the younger guys are driving the jap machines. You can argue muh statistics and normies all you want, but thats a reality. Go to any college right now. Bet.
>>
File: IMG_1284.jpg (75KB, 759x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1284.jpg
75KB, 759x582px
>>17540362
they should relicense the aeramacchi
name
>>
>>17543777
Bahahahhaahaha

If HD expects anyone under 50 to buy this they're retarded.
>>
>>17544590
Why does it look Japanese?
>>
>>17544958
Honda was raping the market with the rebel and the cub if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>17544355
That's because of the economic effects of war you dumb arse.
>>
File: 1483557623943.jpg (48KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483557623943.jpg
48KB, 500x450px
>>17542797
Blacks don't ride Harley. And riding like that is too risky to do that with a Harley. Not only too obvious when idling, but others identify that bike by its loud idling noise.

Did the girl live?
>>
>>17539285
Literally all modern cruisers have electronics now. And cruisers brake better than sport bikes just an fyi

The biggest deterrent to cruiser riding is the fact that riders on sport bikes are bucked off their bikes instead of being propelled into the mangled mess of their front end/handlebars
>>
>>17545502
Have you ever seen crenshaw boulevard on a sunday?

They love harleys.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UF-w1yf894
>>
>>17539220
>$16,000
>loud, heavy, inefficient
>stability problems entering and exiting corners
>T shirts
>culture emphasizing lifestyle rather than the skill of riding
>cultural opposition towards wearing proper safety gear (read: full face helmet, boots, gloves, full jacket, full pants ALL THE TIME)
>bikes break constantly
>don't publish peak horsepower numbers because they're too low
>bikes vibrate constantly
>literally 750 pounds
>ZERO aero

Or...

>$12,000
>0-60 in less than 3 seconds
>120 horsepower, 350-400 pounds
>loud but not obnoxious
>culture of honing skill and becoming a better rider, taking risks while still doing so safely (at least wearing your fucking helmet while you're whooling down the interstate)
>maintenance schedule that's childlike difficulty
>actual industry around racing

>10 year old bike with 40,000 miles on it on CL, $1,000 less than MSRP because MUH MURICA I KNOW WHAT I HAVE NO LOWBALLERS
>SV650 with 12,000 miles on it, needs some shit probably, $3,000

The cruiser is dying. Or at least transforming.
>>
>>17545542
Not all bikes are sports bikes.
>>
>>17545548
the average non-cruiser bike with some meaningful displacement, as in 500cc or more, is pretty much that, but 0-60 in five seconds instead of sub-3.

a bike considered standard equipment for inexperienced learners like a ninja 650 is a high performance superbike racer compared to a harley davidson
>>
>>17545561
hurr durr not superbikes
>>
File: fellowbikers.jpg (126KB, 720x584px) Image search: [Google]
fellowbikers.jpg
126KB, 720x584px
>>17543777
>a fucking car
>>
>>17543777
This looks like one of those mobility scooters disable people ride in the shopping malls.

Who would ever consider buying this?
>>
>>17539464
Did a 13 year old design that? Looks like something batman would use.
>>
>>17545569
Yes, learners bikes are trackdaybro superbikes compared to harleys. Hell, a 400cc is faster.

The massive gap in cornering and engine performance is insane. It's almost like HD makes massive performance compromises just to achieve a certain look and market appeal. How americans die on them is beyond me. They're basically maxi-scooters, and would be aptly called so isntead of "cruisers".

>>17545646
Engineers designed it for better aerodynamics and less weight

Sportbikes are homologation specials
>>
>>17545656
Maybe they don't want a trackday bro superbike?
>>
>>17545656
>How americans die on them is beyond me
its pretty easy to die with terrible suspension, high weight, bad brakes, and literally no ability to lean before scraping though
>>
I recently went back home to the Rust Belt northeast, and, because the weather was good, there were boomers and aged Xers on Harleys everywhere. The riders were white, fat, tatted and working class. Many wore leather vests; all wore T-shirts.

When I ask myself, "Can you see yourself on a Harley?" the answer is an abrupt no. The white working class is the new underclass. They're racist, sexist and foolishly long for a bygone era where whiteness meant a comfortable living at the expense of ethno-cultural minorities, who have been oppressed since this country's beginnings.

The white working class' advantages have rotted away, and they want the world to be the way it was. They want a time when an unskilled laborer who barely made it out of high school can make $60,000 a year, have robust pensions and very generous health benefits for themselves and their families. Now, they have nothing -- except for a $40,000 Harley they can only ride a few months out of the year.

As the white working class continues to be silenced in America's new reality, their loudest voices are twofold: gurgly exhaust noise and votes for Trump.
>>
>>17545511
>Crusiers brake better then sport bikes
lol
>>
>>17545662
Yes, people who buy these don't. It's not a superbike and anyone on a 1000cc hondazuki that looks like a transformer would laugh at you if you said "wanna race?" and start ranting about flexing frames, suspension setups and inferior brakes.

But the fact that they look like superbikes compared to cruisers is kind of sad. Police officers, known for their love of americana, don't even ride harleys that much anymore. Around here they ride honda commuter bikes often seen as grandpa machines - ST1300s. They are several times faster than harleys with similar engine displacements despite being the laughing stock of yamasaki samurai blade 600 riders who make the same power out of an engine half the size.
>>
>>17545674
back to /pol/
>>
>>17545682
Maybe they didn't buy it to race hondas with?
>>
File: ar125407292735781.jpg (31KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
ar125407292735781.jpg
31KB, 425x282px
>>17545674
>mfw white, sexist, racist, and push for "diversity" as an excuse to lower wages for the mixed race "white" underclass and rope women into wage slavery so everyone is equally oppressed
>mfw liberals think i'm on their side
>>
>>17545674
So, what would the privilege checking beta orbiting SJW nu-male be riding these days, I wonder?
>inb4 black cock
>>
>>17545696
Performance isn't always for racing. It's for survival and convenience. A rapid change of speed in either direction is called an evasive maneuver. How do you save yourself from being rear-ended in moving traffic by some stacy on her phone? By speeding up in time. How do you survive a non-posted corner on an unfamiliar road that suddenly turns into a very sharp decreasing radius bend that should be on a race track? By driving 10mph just in case and getting rear ended by someone who knows the road or driving a car that can handle without crashing? What if you need to swerve at high speeds? You don't want to drive a dated barge that will promptly spin out and FUCKING FLIP, for starters. There's a reason a fucking camry looks like a high tech race car compared to the family cars of the 50s. Now, imagine if a company somewhere were making 1950s family cars brand new, because the car industry somewhere is as regulated as the motorcycle industry here.

That would be harley davidson.

No brakes. No power. Will crash if subjected to moderately hard cornering. May crash if subjected to any cornering.
>>
>>17545725
danger is part of the fun you anti american nip loving pussy.
>>
>>17545739
harley danger is like letting a random fag fuck you in the bum with no condom

regular bike danger is like tightrope walking

sportbike danger is like tightrope walking while taming a lion and letting a random fag fuck you in the bum with no condom
>>
>>17543429
Patriotism
Tradition, nowadays
Back in the day HD was the most available bike around
You got a fuck ton of bike for the money. Remember, in the early days Hell´s Angels were poor as fuck.
Some of them rode Indians
(jap bikes weren´t a thing, brits were shit as usual, Italy was a axis nation(and possibly factories bombed, not sure) and BMW´s bike factory was stolen by the Russians, literally)
>>
>>17543429
too poor to buy an indian
>>
>tfw harley davidson actually has competent engineers and could make killer bikes (see: flat trackers, project nova) but is more low risk than fucking honda in the business department and doesn't want to deviate from what already makes money
>>
File: 1490361412972.jpg (130KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1490361412972.jpg
130KB, 570x570px
>>17539444
>stay competitive through liquid-cooling and lower-end models
how is that supposed to make me want one of their unreliable pieces of junk, how are they supposed to compete with 200hp race replicas when all they make are tourers that look tacky

If they came out with a fully faired bike that was competitive in performance and reliability with everyone else I might take notice
>>
>>17545779
I think if they were able to return to that "getting a fuckton of bike for the money" that would solve about 80% of their current problems.
>>
>>17545845
No way, it's impossible with HD's business model unless they cut quality, hard, or source foreign components and sell a "honda davidson".

Japan only offers the prices they do because those same companies don't have to make a lot of profit off their bikes. They're largely supported by their cars and lawnmowers.
>>
>>17539365
>yet you still go around calling them "out-dated boomer mobiles."

well if they still have that image then no wonder they won't survive.
>>
>>17544584
At my college it's a mix of both. Mostly younger dudes, half and half are on crotch rockets and cruisers. By young I assume you mean under 30. Also I'm 19 and have a 32 year old Japanese cruiser with more power than most crotch rockets, fite me.
>>
>>17545866
Didn't harley rake in like 4 billion dollars last year?
>>
>>17545674
Alphonse stop
>>
i was in a harley dealership recently to take my MSF course since they offered one and literally the only bike in there that didn't look like some grandpa clown shit was the forty-eight, and that thing's like 13K MSRP before dealer fuckings.

meanwhile the most expensive bike at a japanese dealership is just as expensive if not cheaper and gives me the option of sportbikes, adventure bikes, bikes with better ergonomics and more features, better mpg, and better longeivity

now take all of those and the fact that I can actually go onto craigslist and buy a newer bike without it being 5% below the already huge msrp and the value is just so much better
>>
>>17545921
>32 year old Japanese cruiser with more power than most crotch rockets
no
>>
They're all over the place here at X Games. You can tell they're desperate to connect w this crowd. I kind of like the iron 883 and if they can find some sort of stripped down vintage / hipster sweet spot they might connect.
>>
>>17545955
Cute.

https://amigobulls.com/stocks/HMC/income-statement/annual
>>
File: scheming big titty anime.png (307KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
scheming big titty anime.png
307KB, 500x662px
>>17546131
https://amigobulls.com/stocks/HOG/income-statement/annual

harley literally can't afford to design a good motorcycle
>>
>>17545502
Blacks love Harley and busas, where the hell do you live?
>>
>>17543777
If a trike isn't hand built from random scrap metal by people with mental health issues it isn't a real trike
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 1439x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1439x960px
>>17539473
>DucaDavidson Sportghetti Model D
>>
>>17546010
Turbo vmax
>>
>>17539365
Please explain.
>>
>>17543777
It's literally designed for disabled people.
>>
File: shit tier.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
shit tier.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>17545624
>>
>>17542625
You can take a Jeep Wrangler off road though, that's the whole point of them. Harleys have no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>17539933
>>17539365
I'm 32 and make over six figures, own my own house/etc. Generally what you might consider doing okay in the U.S.

I would never in a million years buy a stupid loud pointless harley. I don't want to be associated with that awful boomer crowd mostly. I will continue to buy and ride fun Jap and BMW bikes.
>>
>>17541729
Doesn't matter who gave them that image, it's their image. They're still the boomer bikes with cup holders for fat balding dudes in leather with their obese wives on the back. Nobody who isn't a boomer wants to be part of that image.
>>
>>17546247
% failed per mile then we'll talk
>>
>>17546255
this
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 948x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 948x452px
>>17544066
>leather and bandana
>>
>>17546298
So you can be ass blasted when its shown most Harley riders are fair weather faggots?

Lets also consider the big three bike makers also make a shit ton more bikes per year.
>>
>>17545866
True of Honda but what about Kawasaki and Yamaha and Suzuki?
>>
>>17546452
Suzuki will finance ANYBODY
>>
>>17546273
>make over six figures
So you make seven figures?
>>
>>17546452
ATVs, musical instruments for students, industrial machinery, etc. Kaishas are extremely diversified.
>>
>>17539220
jap cruisers are cheaper than Harleys or Indians

younger people will buy those instead if they want that look.
>>
File: 2017-Suzuki-GSX-R100.jpg (468KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-Suzuki-GSX-R100.jpg
468KB, 1620x1080px
>>17546459
I'm thinking of new GSXR1000. Please more explain?
>>
>>17546511
Something very /comfy/ about this pic.
>>
Sure are a lot of fags in here that have never even ridden a cruiser
>>
>>17546255
Mentally disabled? How do you like yours?
>>
File: 4chan friends.jpg (82KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
4chan friends.jpg
82KB, 600x750px
>>17545682
>yamasaki samurai blade
I like you
>>
>>17546511
If the ergos are anything like my k6 that'll be a comfy bike, the blue looks great too
>>17546515
theres a distinct lack of skeletons
>>
File: spooky bike.jpg (111KB, 596x720px) Image search: [Google]
spooky bike.jpg
111KB, 596x720px
>>17546620
forgot pic
>>
File: GSX-R750K4.jpg (958KB, 2960x2096px) Image search: [Google]
GSX-R750K4.jpg
958KB, 2960x2096px
>>17546551
why would I? they look ugly as fuck and sound like diarrhea farts
>>
File: thingies.jpg (34KB, 464x275px) Image search: [Google]
thingies.jpg
34KB, 464x275px
>>17546688
are those tank grips?
>>
>>17546166
>Blacks love Harley
In your area blacks aspire to them. Here, there are only nigs that use bikes as a nimble getaway vehicle.
>>
>>17540754
>experiences and travelling
Literally, as in the definitive sense, they spend it all on drugs, music festivals/clubs, junk like hoverboards and fidget spinners, expensive clothes and shoes, and expensive electronic crap like their phones.
And then those who are stupid enough to have kids complain that theyre always broke. Millenials were always doomed to fail.
>>
File: 1497322067965.jpg (78KB, 529x529px) Image search: [Google]
1497322067965.jpg
78KB, 529x529px
>>17539220
>What does Harley do from here. Looks like once their boomers die off they're fucked.
Make cafe racers.
You hate it but know it to be true.
>>
>>17544122
Why haven't you killed your uncle yet?

If I got my gun and my bat stolen, I'd fucking murder him.
>>
>>17546255
Lmao no. Ive seen people who werent disabled, just fat riding them.
>>
File: paul-teutul-sr.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
paul-teutul-sr.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>this man single-handedly ruined motorcycle culture

prove me wrong
>>
>>17546805
Shit I might consider buying one if I werent broke as fuck. I like cafe racers and retro style bikes because Im sub human hipster garbage.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 750x1104px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 750x1104px
>>17546511
Suziki does in house financing. A few years ago they qualified a guy with a 600 credit score for 60 month 0% apr financing on a GSX-R 600 (limited time offer, I wouldn't count on that)
Why do you think busas are associated with hood rich nigs?
Search Suzuki offers to see what offers they currently have.
>>
File: motojack.png (165KB, 502x500px) Image search: [Google]
motojack.png
165KB, 502x500px
>>17546921
cant get 0% on the new 1000 though
>>
>>17540004
They're in the same place as Cadillac would be if GM had not decided to make them into BMWUSA.
>>
dead thread dead manufacturer
>>
>>17546872
Prove yourself right.
>>
>>17546166
This.
>>
>>17546166
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IabPIX3HeCQ
>>
>>17548674
I see blacks on Harelys, busas, and R6s all the time.
>>
>>17545502
yes, because it's fake.

>lens flare muzzle flash
>no recoil at all
>no visible shell casing expulsion
>bad acting on the bystanders
>shitty "i got shot" acting
>little girl should have died instantly
>>
Harley Davidson did this to themselves promoting their shit like it's a lifestyle.
Their cocky fanbase advertising them for free telling everyone to get a real bike like a Harley would put everyone off from considering one.
>>
>>17548861
What's the yellow sport bike in the video?

I find it hard to believe someone could think black people don't like harleys.
>>
People who aren't buying their cruisers with Social Security buy Indians.
>>
What they really need to do is make smaller, cheaper bikes in addition to their larger models. Right now, all of HD's small bikes are still larger than everything the competition is putting out. All they have to do is make new bikes in the same size and style as the first knucklehead and attract the growing conservative, blue-collar audience.
>>
>>17539220
i'd rather drive a nice car than a shitty car and an expensive bike.

this is why i don't ride a harley. i won't pay the premium for their product when my jap cruiser is pretty comfy.
>>
>>17539464
y the bike have blankies on his feet
>>
>>17549207
to keep them warm
>>
>>17549234
Stay warm little bike
>>
>>17549071
the knuckle head was a 1.2 liter bike. thats huge
>>
>>17546083
this, I'm a 24 year old cool person, the only harley i like is the 883. It's really nice when it's all blacked out.
>>
>>17539220
Good riddance, their only contribution to society is to hurt your ears as they ride past
>>
>trying to cater to millenials
There's your problem. Millenials are cancer and no one should ever bother doing anything for them
>>
>>17549207
d'awwwwww
>>
>>17546083
>stripped down vintage

this. they are going in the right direction with the street rod ad campaign. target the white collar hipster in the city who commutes and needs something to buzz around on.

if they built a comfy little cafe bike and sold it for 7k$ it would print money.
>>
>>17548674
Headline last week:
>Millennials are killing Harley Davidson
Headline next week:
>Black folk are saving Harley Davidson
>>
File: street-rod-001.jpg (140KB, 1200x984px) Image search: [Google]
street-rod-001.jpg
140KB, 1200x984px
>>17549285
if you showed me a street rod with the badge removed I'd ask how you got a harley V-twin into a honda

they should bring back the nova at this point.
>>
>>17544454
the new one moron
>>
>>17539220
Go onto a Facebook Harley ad to see serious shooting in the comments. It's insane, I could care less about Harleyes after they murdered Buell
>>
>>17548910
>no recoil at all
It's a big black dude holding the stubby. He'd got a giant paw on it. The gun isn't going anywhere like in your hands.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (287KB, 1600x924px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
287KB, 1600x924px
The new Harley
>>
>>17548961
It's like once a bar becomes a biker bar, only people who will show up are other bikers.
>>
If they can wait put the storm, I expect a full resurgence with Gen Z in a few years.
>>
>>17546247
>non Japanese bikes/cars/electronics/anything else they make
>>
>>17549416
>combine something that old people like with something that young people like
>get a pile of shit that doesn't satisfy anyone
sounds like harley alright
>>
https://books.google.com/books?id=uS7AyI6guNMC&pg=RA3-PA14&lpg=RA3-PA14&dq=harley+banning+tz750&source=bl&ots=ty_YJxvrFr&sig=GOdZdMcJBKnpeLvV1IzbMbx8Img&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjJ1tWmto_VAhVNfiYKHTgaBJsQ6AEILjAB#v=onepage&q=harley%20banning%20tz750&f=false

Daily reminder that Harley were so ass hurt by a Japanese bike in the 1970s they lobbied the AMA with their superior shekels power (at the time) to re-write the rule books massively in their favor.

Then still got BTFO later as the Japs developed better bikes than Harley could manage, despite the rule changes.
>>
>>17549507
This, on the condition that they make more small bikes rather than boats with built in TVs, surround sound, and 12 cupholders that nobody needs. If you strip the bikes back down to the bare basics, the image appeals to the younger generation. They're just not fans of the big windshields and 10 gallon saddlebags, but the bike itself is still appealing to them.

t. shop teacher
>>
>>17549519
>When you get out jewed by a bunch of slant eyed japs who make every product under the sun solely to fund the creation of cheap motorcycles
>>
>>17549414
address the other points?
>>
>>17549387
>owning a motorcycle older than 2009
What do you think I am some kinda nigger
>>
B U E L L
>>
>go to a Harley Davidson...dealership? or whatever
>see how much these stupid bikes cost
>multiple bikes $20k++

Who in the fuck buys a bike for that much?
>>
>>17549866
The same people that buy a yacht and moore it forever, I assume, just the ones that can't afford a yacht.
>>
>>17549818
>not knowing the joys of owning an eternal unkillable beater shitbike
>>
>>17549818
even as a learner. early 2000s ninja250s looked pretty good to learn on
>>
>>17549862
honestly they should have just made them Harley davidson: Buell 600 etc, then they could attrack young people and not die after all their buyers die
>>
>>17549285
The roadster can be customised into a cafe bike.
>>
I really think that the hells angels types old harleys such as pan heads.

The office worker wannabes buy the brand new ones and fit load pipes.
>>
>>17543366
Literally autocorrect from a phoneposter

Source: I am posting from my Sony Xperia
>>
>>17550139
>I really think that the hells angels types old harleys such as pan heads.

Lol, all the old harleys are getting bought up by the Japanese for big bucks. They don't have niggers or OMCs so you can actually ride vintage stuff around without it being stolen/vandalized.
>>
File: ronin-47-leno.jpg (115KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ronin-47-leno.jpg
115KB, 800x450px
>>17549862
some of the worst designs imaginable.

which is hard to understand given how they got turned into some of the most interesting custom bikes.
>>
>>17545502
>>17546166
White people talking about what black people like.
>>
>>17551696
>OMCs
?
>>
I know a guy with a Harley Sportster that swapped in a Buel 1200 something, and that baby'll scoot and lift on a second gear pull
>>
>>17549521
this honestly, if they would just make something like what yamaha is doing with their classic dualsport deal they'd be golden.
just the bike. everyone wants just the cool old school bike, not a fucking road boat. if they'd start doing that, they'd make money hand over fucking fist.
>>
>>17552485
>White people talking about what black people like.
More like they talk about what criminals use as getaway bikes. And harley not chosen for that.
>>
>>17541013
The Hardley is still too expensive and the Goldwing is still worth the extra money as the Goldwing is a VASTLY superior machine.

And you last statement is a non-starter tripturd. I guess you got asshurt because you like a garbage bike huh?
>>
Harley Davidson isn't actually a motorcycle company. They are actually an image/lifestyle company that just happens to sell motorcycles alongside their t-shirts, jackets, and coffee mugs.
>>
>>17553321
Just like Nintendo
>>
>>17553321
Wrong.
>>
>>17552485

When you see black people riding harleys a lot then that speaks for itself.
>>
>>17543268
>millenial here
kys
>>
>>17555712
He can't help it.
>>
>>17539686
You know that's a triumph right?
>>
File: IMG_2852.jpg (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2852.jpg
1MB, 1242x2208px
Millennial here. Had sport bikes before. Will never get a jap bike ever again after having owned a harley
>>
>>17557848
Yeah, milennials are more likely to be LGBT.

I guess harley will be fine
>>
File: IMG_2946.jpg (3MB, 2518x3577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2946.jpg
3MB, 2518x3577px
>>17557848
You hate us cause you ain't us. Don't see harley riders making sport bike hate threads... cause guess what. We are out riding. It's nice not being face down ass up like a horny nymph all day long on a plastic rice burner.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (43KB, 802x589px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
43KB, 802x589px
daily reminder that even if some millenial shit sniffers start actually making money and buying useless garbage, it's still not enough to prop up their dying off market.

They just downgraded their own guidance for the upcoming quarter (for the 2nd time this year).

Shorting this piece of shit has been the easiest money ever made.
>>
File: Old bike pics 24.jpg (543KB, 1875x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Old bike pics 24.jpg
543KB, 1875x1339px
>>17557885
Whatever ya old fart. I've done 500 mile+ days on "crotch rockets" no problem, and toured all up and down the east coast.

White mountains on an R6? No worries. Plus I'd see at LEAST 2 wrecks a day on the Kancamagus Pass; always idiot H-D riders who couldn't keep it in their lane and getting tagged by oncoming traffic or hitting a tree.
>>
File: IMG_1348.jpg (196KB, 960x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1348.jpg
196KB, 960x959px
>>17557928
Don't talk to me about traveling you fuck. Also I'm 26 and travel 3,000-3,800miles every week.
I literally have enough money to own 3 Harley's and 2 hayabusas.
I have a 6,000$ custom made cow bumper I paid cash for hanging off my 230k semi.
You just won't know until you try yourself. I been on your side.
>>
>>17557969
>bandana
>probably wears a brain bucket

lmao the memes write themselves
>>
File: IMG_0845.jpg (229KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0845.jpg
229KB, 960x720px
>>17557969
Also own a ktm500exc
Step up punk.
>>
>>17557895
>5 day change
Lol. Show me a 5 year change like that and then I'd say it's substantial
>>
File: IMG_2717.jpg (343KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2717.jpg
343KB, 1242x2208px
>>17557978
Woah why don't u post a pic of yourself or better yet your bike?
>>
>>17557979
I am super jealous of your slim.
>>
>>17557995
>tries to brag
>posts 3dpd

um no thanks.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (48KB, 803x588px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
48KB, 803x588px
>>17557989
The short-term chart was just to show today's hit from the guide down. But okay...

If you bought harley stock 5 years ago you are essentially flat. You would have had just as much investment savvy by burying your money in your backyard. Meanwhile if you put the same money into the s&p you'd be up over 13x more.

piece of shit company.
>>
>>17557989

Units shipped are down nearly a third over the last decade.
>https://www.reuters.com/article/us-harley-davidson-results-idUSKBN1A3126
>>
>>17558064
[spoiler]that's why you invest in mutual funds and not try to beat the market with individual companies like an idiot[/spoiler]
>>
>>17558083

No need to close the tags if you're spoiling the whole post. Anyway,
[spoiler]that's why you keep a sizable position of your portfolio in index funds but keep a smaller position in cash to invest in individual companies that are actually well run (read: nvidia, netflix, amazon, agilent, etc etc)

It's not even hard. You just need discipline.
>>
>>17558083
Also, the point was that hog is a piece of shit company who's on back nine of their life. Not that your investment strategy is subpar.
>>
>>17543777
I'm disabled and I'd rather buy a Honda Goldwing trike.
>>
>>17557969
I'm fucking 39 years old and have been riding since I was 16. Been thru about 50 bikes. I utterly resent the idea that when people "grow up" they will see the value in a bike that does nothing that I want out of a motorcycle.
They are not fast.
They do not handle.
I do not like the way they look.
They are heavy.
They do not brake well.
They are uncomfortable as fuck.
Ride what you like, but don't assume anything. I'll never own a harley, I've ridden enough to know. My current bike is a 2008 KTM Duke that I've put 10k on so far.
>>
>>17557885
You ride two miles to the bar to drink a pint and cure your aching back from that generous three inches of suspension travel sending every pine needle and tar snake right up your perfectly straight spine, so you're too drunk and too sore to go home and post on 4chan

It's okay we understand
>>
>>17558186
Lol ok bro
You must be talking about the 35,000$ bourget python hard tail I used to own. Quit being a pussy.
>>
>>17542827
>half the reason sport bikes are still doing well is because of 80s nostalgia.
that makes no sense. Sportbikes these days look like megatron's meat curtians, not the smooth bikes and half nakes sports bikes of the 80's.
>>
File: Black-Bike-Week-2015-3901.jpg (584KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Bike-Week-2015-3901.jpg
584KB, 1024x683px
>>17545502
>Blacks don't ride Harley.
HA HA OH WOW!

If it's gaudy and shitty and overpriced, there's a schwoogie taking out a loan to finance it at a title loan center.
>>
>>17548645

This is the internet, it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>17543777

I want to stance the back wheels and then chop the front forks to fit 6 or 7 ft long forks.

Is that possible?
>>
>>17539220
they just can't compete with Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda or Kawasaki

they need to go
>>
>>17558588
TETSUOOOOOO
>>
>>17542827
80s sportbikes are dead. Styling has followed the aero/weight reduction improvements actual race bikes because that's what they are. Actual racebikes.

Sportbike = homologation special

If you want a "sport" bike maybe something like a VFR would be more your thing? It's got a boxy tail, smooth lines, and roomy ergos. If you liked the old street bike on the track feel then sport-tourers and sport-standards replicate it fairly well.
>>
>>17557885
I've rode through shit you won't even drive through.
>>
File: IMG_1601.jpg (844KB, 1242x1552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1601.jpg
844KB, 1242x1552px
>>17558914
Unless you are from a different planet than statement is false
>>
>>17549663
You're a faggot you don't don't know shit about guns
Also not him
>>
File: Laughing merchant.jpg (4KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing merchant.jpg
4KB, 201x200px
All they have to do is diversify their lineup and lower the fucking price, and they just won't do it. Make a sportbike, a sport tourer, a dualsport, Fuck, it's not that hard.

Seeing harley go out of business is so fucking petty, i swear. It's like a starving man going hungry because the emergency food was touched by a black guy at some point.
>>
File: 2013-11-11 20.42.09.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-11 20.42.09.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>17558991
got frostbite 3 times
>>
File: 2013-11-11 21.09.47.jpg (135KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-11 21.09.47.jpg
135KB, 640x480px
>>17559020
>>
>>17559042
I rode my harley through the Marianna trench and got a case of the bends
>>
>>17559226
that's not a very polite thing to call your wife
>>
>>17543737
I want to see you guys do the gay. Then I'll make a viral Harley ad from the footage. I'll be rich and famous and you'll be gay Harley guys.
>>
>>17542583
this kek
I did see a video of trump meeting with harley ceos or something though
>>
File: indian.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
indian.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
>>17542594
indians are sexy
>>
>>17559819
>cruiser
Beautiful
>aircooled
I'm in love
>floorboards
The love is tested
>chrome
The love is rekindled
>whitewall tires
I'm dating a hipster
>>
>>17557895
It's ogre

>Harley-Davidson Warns Sales May Fall Sharply
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-18/harley-davidson-cuts-bike-sales-forecast-seeing-deep-u-s-slump

>The iconic brand of conservative boomers is suffering as bike and merchandise sales fall. Now layoffs are planned.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-18/harley-davidson-is-losing-its-cool
>>
>>17559014
This. They should get an award for managing to sink themselves in a growing economy and with gas still under $2 in some parts of the US
>>
File: tumblr_ojyfolFqXb1td53jko1_500.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojyfolFqXb1td53jko1_500.gif
2MB, 500x400px
>>17560764
post >YFW Cuckly Faggotson will go beerbelly-up in your lifetime
>>
>>17559006
>hurr durr you dont know guns hiyuck

you are a blind fuck, it's clearly an after-effects muzzle you stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>17559006
the fact that you think it's real just because it has a liveleak watermark shows how much of a fucking retard you are.
>>
>>17548910
>>lens flare muzzle flash
what?
>>no recoil at all
recoil is supposed to be captured by a 15FPS camera?
>>no visible shell casing expulsion
Revolvers eject shells?
>>bad acting on the bystanders
people are expected not to run away from guns?
>>shitty "i got shot" acting
going limp is acting?
>>little girl should have died instantly
real life is the movies?

lol fudd. The only thing more dead than your brain is the harley brand in about 20 years. You're like a beer after one sip: Empty from the neck up.
>>
>>17560804
>>17560817

>lens flare muzzle flash

Short barrel left unburned powder which made the fireball. Totally the rarest occurrence on the earth.

>no recoil

Big dude with a little gun. They don't kick as hard you think they do.

>no visible shell casing expulsion

Casings are tiny things I'm not surprised that potato of a camera didn't show it at night time with no night vision.

>bad acting on the bystanders

How would you react if someone got shot in front of you?

>shitty "i got shot" acting

You mean people that have seen guns portrayed as death rays in the media their entire lives react badly when they get shot?

>little girl should have died instantly

The single most ridiculous "point" you made. It's not a death ray my guy.

>>17560817
>the fact that you think it's real just because it has a liveleak watermark

Get fucked. Weren't you ever taught that assuming makes an ass out of u and me?
>>
>>17555655
WTF I love hardley now
>>
>>17557848
Glad to see you come out of the closet and admit you love the cock.
>>
>>17557969
wew lad that's a whole lotta gay stuffed into one pic tone it down a little ehh
>>
serves them right for fucking over Erik Buell. I hope the boomer bikes get anally reamed by bankruptcy.
>>
>>17539511
why do you hate Lane splitting and speed? is it embarrassing when your GF is sitting with you in your geo and handsome Chad gets to his destination faster and still manages to pull triple digit mpg's?
>>
>>17561508
Did they ever sell a lot of Buell bikes?
>>
>>17550133
>starting at 11k

no
>>
This is what happend to the uk bike industry in the 70s loads of cheap, fast and reliable Japanese imports to the uk forced companys like BSA to go out of business as they refused to innovate and stuck with the same engine design for over 40 years.

The same will happen with harley
>>
>>17546247
well, at least they beat the Yurocucks
>>
>>17561734
>still manages to pull triple digit mpg's?
I love motorbikes but i've noticed my Africa twin gets about 5 litres per 100kms often and so does my Honda jazz.
Motorbikes aren't really as efficient as they should be.
>>
>>17563152
I can't wait, I hate hareleys. I'd rather have an Sr400, CB400 or almost any other small capacity jap bike for commuting.
>>
>>17563176
They are, but in order to achieve it you need to ride a 125 or 250. No wonder that literbikes are efficient, they're the equivalent of six liter or seven liter car engines.
>>
>>17563184
>I hate hareleys
So I see elloell did a Harley guy rape your mom once or something?
>>
>>17558759
Yeah, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki need to go so the pussy generation can know what a real bike is like.
>>
>>17563184
Self hating American
>>
File: Roadster_force_top.jpg (82KB, 962x375px) Image search: [Google]
Roadster_force_top.jpg
82KB, 962x375px
Are they going after the hipster market?
>>
File: blackrain.jpg (59KB, 383x505px) Image search: [Google]
blackrain.jpg
59KB, 383x505px
>>17563918
worked in the 80s
>>
File: Springer_Bobber.jpg (90KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Springer_Bobber.jpg
90KB, 800x533px
[ End-of-thread disclosure ]

I used to work in engineering at H-D until the economic downturn closed the facility I worked at in 2010. I've had BBQ lunch with Willie G. I have respect for their bikes.

I've watched three people die on crotch rockets and I'm fine getting my sporting jollies on four wheels. There's something about cruising around the desert or a hilly forest with an oversized, underpowered twin rumbling as air breezes by that's just... pleasant.

Most of Harley's engineers were one of two types:

1 - Boomers with beards who look like dwarves who talk about 'back in the day' where they took shortcuts and smoked weed - "we used to test the bikes by jacking up the rear wheel to accumulate miles as we smoked doobies and made jokes."

2 - Guys in their 20's and 30's (who smoke weed but don't talk about it) passionate about bikes (mostly sportbikes and BMWs) desperate to change Harley but get cockblocked by management who say "our customers only want heavy old-school air-cooled tourers."

>Pic related - what I like.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.