[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about Heads Up Display's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (251KB, 1780x1004px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
251KB, 1780x1004px
What do you think about Heads Up Display's?
>>
>>17537972
I've never used one and I think they're stupid
>>
>>17537985
>stupid
>Not Using it to drive as fast as you can
>Now you can see the Redline without looking again also the speed and engine temp.

Seems pretty Neat but a little bit Tacky
>>
Will that fit my fiesta?!
>>
>>17537972
of all the tech gimmicks manufacturers tried to push on us in the past 20 years
huds are one of the few that have actually improved the driving experience
especially considering there are no downsides to it, it doesn't take any time to set up or learn how to use it and even if you don't like it just switch it off
on the other hand they are a great assistance and allow you to keep your eyes permanently focused on the road.
Since driving a car with one the number of unnecessary speeding tickets (<10 over in a city) I have received has decreased significantly
I've also switched off navigation voice commands since arrows on the road are far superior to a computer woman pausing your music
and yelling at you what to do and getting angry whenever you dare to deviate from its recommended route
>>
The ones that come built into the car are usually good

The ones that you buy for $40 and stick on your dash are usually shite
>>
>>17537972
Kind of cool but I could live without it
>>
>>17537972

The new generation ones are fantastic. They are a pricey option however beyond that there really are no downsides.

>>17538117
Know what you mean. My dad had a 2007 Corvette with a very rudimentary green color HUD. Could've lived without that thing and thought it was kinda cool. Literally everyone described it as "kinda cool" , not a must have like that fucking V8 engine.
>>
>>17538122
Hah yeah pretty sure any tech would be an afterthought for me getting into a corvette
>>
>>17537972
>MPH
>temps in Celsius
????
>>
>>17538147
The fuel economy is in L/100km too. Next thing they'll measure engine power in KW but torque in lbf·ft
>>
File: IMG_1085.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17538122
>>17538140
I love mine in my c5. The c6s is slightly better and the c7s looks good. Its great as I rarely even look at the dash anymore. Speed and rpms are constant, with a side bar for either gas, oil pressure, or temp. I do wish the tach on it was slightly more detailed but no complaints. The word shift pops up when you're close to redline. Being my first stick car, it was a big plus to have.
>>
File: 1497309711013.jpg (105KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
1497309711013.jpg
105KB, 1024x701px
I drove a customer's truck with one once, I found it incredibly distracting and not at all an improvement over just looking down at the dash
>>
I'd like one for oil, coolant temp and other such info without cluttering the interior with aftermarket gauges.
>>
>>17538388
minimalistic but effective, I like it
>>
I think it'd be cool to have but only if a button on the wheel turned it on or off.
>>
File: catch.jpg (15KB, 296x329px) Image search: [Google]
catch.jpg
15KB, 296x329px
>>17537972
>heads up display
>>
>>17537972
that would be perfect if the refresh rate wasnt shite
>>
>>17537972
I have that same hud and I like it, especially on the highway because I can constantly see my speed. So far that crappy looking chinese built box has worked well.
>>
>>17537972
I really like the ones that come from the factory. They are built into the dash and aren't too gaudy most of the time. The ones you buy off ebay and amazon are kinda cool, but they have QC issues, compatibility issues, and it generally doesn't look good having a large display sitting on the dashboard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.