[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manual Camaro wobbles back and forth while in low gears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2011-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS.jpg (87KB, 588x391px) Image search: [Google]
2011-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS.jpg
87KB, 588x391px
I had a manual civic and recently changed for a manual 2011 Camaro SS. I will admit, I am not very good driving stick but I am interested in knowing how things work in order to learn. When I am crusing in the neighborhood in 1st or even sometimes while shifting to lower gears, the car abruptly wobbles/rocks back and forth, like if it was smashing. Is it because I let off the clutch too early and it smashes against the flywheel?
>>
Your car has the gay

Just like you
>>
>>17535615
You have shit throttle control.
>>
Too sudden or not enough gas and you're bogging the engine
>>
Does the car have Hills start assist?

Switching from old cars to new cars is always a pain in the ass
>>
>>17535627
>>17535630
Is it damaging the transmission? I am afraid of burning the clutch too much, I spent a lot of money on it
>>
Is the car sort of "shuddering"? Your RPM's are probably too low for the gear you're in. If you can't give it more gas w/o going over the speed limit, shift down.
>>
>>17535655
It's not great for it, but it isn't going to disintegrate any time soon. Work on your throttle control or start off in second.
>>
>>17535615

Cruise around in 2nd instead.

1st has more of that bucking effect you're experiencing.
>>
>>17535663
No it's more violent, it really is a back and forth motion, not vibrating when the RPM is too low

>>17535664
I never had proper technique. When I am shifting and feel the bite point, how much to I give throttle? Sometimes I give too much and I can smell the clutch
>>
>>17535664
Also at red lights/stops, do you start in second?
>>
It's the car fighting the slack in the drivetrain and flex in engine mounts each time it goes from accelerating to engine brake. It's especially noticeable at low speeds and in first.

Be more smooth, and get to second when you're just rolling around, unless you're going really slow like in a parking area or something.
>>
>>17535717
Ok if I can sum it up, I need to put more gas and gradually right? My neighborhood has a fucking shit ton of stops and I always have to shift/rev match because the police is always just around the corner
>>
>>17535756

...No, that would be if it were bogging down and shuddering.
>>
>>17535803
But then what's the issue? Throttle or clutch control?
>>
>>17535691
You don't give it throttle until the clutch is completely engaged unless you're starting from a stop, and when you start off, don't try to roll into the throttle, feather it.

>>17535701
I don't because I know how to drive a manual. What you're experiencing is the sensitivity of the throttle in low gears. When the car starts to accelerate, you shift back which causes you to almost imperceptibly ease up on the gas, and then the engine braking causes you to shift forward which repeats the cycle. Starting off in second makes the throttle less effectively less sensitive because the engine can't rev as quickly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.