[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here drives to relax?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

File: 1491252759161.jpg (130KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
1491252759161.jpg
130KB, 960x718px
>>
Who doesnt?
>>
>>17534537
Can you really call yourself an enthusiast if you dont enjoy driving?
>>
>>17534537
I'm suffering from ulcerative colitis and the only place in the entire world where I'm safe from random explosive uncontrollable diarrhea is my driver's seat. Still boggles my doctor's and therapist's minds to this day.
>>
Driving is as automatic as riding a bike, but even if I feel the need to focus, I dont think about the rest of whats going on in my life.
It feels very Zen-like, I suppose, doing something subconsciously all the while clearing your mind of the rest.

tl;dr driving is comfy as fuck
>>
File: mv-001-car-03.jpg (42KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
mv-001-car-03.jpg
42KB, 500x372px
Late night driving with the windows down is literally the most calming thing in existence.
>>
File: 1446400439312.jpg (19KB, 566x302px) Image search: [Google]
1446400439312.jpg
19KB, 566x302px
>>17535589

add some light rain or even better, some tender snowflakes falling from the sky while you're cruising along and the blower is on 2, blowing warm air towards you
>>
File: 1499977062724.jpg (178KB, 1440x1405px) Image search: [Google]
1499977062724.jpg
178KB, 1440x1405px
>I haven't driven a car in 3 days
>I haven't left the house in 3 days
>All this money, wealth and good luck in life
>Still sit at home with no idea what to do anymore
>>
File: 20170712_202540.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_202540.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Comf
>>
File: 14687681873.png (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14687681873.png
146KB, 500x500px
>>17535750
>late night
>windows down

SUP
>>
I would but everyone else pisses me off. Driving is fun but dealing with assholes ruins most of the experience for me
>>
File: nightDriving.jpg (340KB, 1502x822px) Image search: [Google]
nightDriving.jpg
340KB, 1502x822px
There is so much pleasure in driving on a back road during a chilly summer night with the windows down, no music, just the sound of the engine, the noise of the tires. All you have in front of you is an empty road and a reflection of the headlights on the asphalt and the surrounding roadside. You stick your hand outside to feel the the cold breeze on your arm as you are just engulfed with serenity and tranquility as you and your car a rolling down the road like you are floating in a river.

>that was gay
but, really night summer drives are the best way to clear my mind.
>>
>>17535799
Thank jeebus I live somewhere with no blacks.
>>
>>17535780
Drive fast and drift.
>>
File: 1164139335819.jpg (30KB, 286x214px) Image search: [Google]
1164139335819.jpg
30KB, 286x214px
>>17536026
>tfw I expected this to be the Calais truck driver webm (the one with the sudden road block out of the dark)
>>
File: 7m6TUhC.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
7m6TUhC.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
anyone got any spooky stories about driving alone at night?
>>
>>17536381
>driving at night
>feel spooked
>see THE FUCKIN GHOST LIGHT in the distance
>ETHEREAL FRIGHTENING GLOW disappears
>stay spooked rest of the night
:^)
>>
>>17535780
RIP A SICK SKID
>>
>>17536471
AAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>17536381
>Be me, tow truck driver at the time
>Go to call to winch idiot out of his own driveway in middle of winter
>Back down driveway that's narrower than the duallies
>Finish job and leave
>Attempt to call boss to let him know I'm done, it's 3am...
>Phone rings 3 times
>Stops ringing
>Weird creepy digital sounding noises
>Goes quiet...
>Hear super heavy breathing through the phone....
>OMGWTFBBQ
>Night sky lights up with 1 lighting strike directly in front of me down the road
>Hang up phone... Text boss instead...
>Start driving
>Phone rings, it's boss man
>Tell him what happened
>"WTF, go get some sleep man"

Boss bugged me a few times about that story...

>A few weeks later
>Boss goes to call in same driveway for same idiot
>Boss says he tried to call me... to let me know he's gotta winch out the same idiot
>Phone rang 3 times...
>Heavy breathing
>Lightning
>Boss freaks out and apologises for teasing me
>>
>>17536381
>be me
>power is out in most of city
>no moon
>its actually completely dark in town for once
>driving along in the darkness
>then a skeleton popped out
>>
>>17536522
Maximum spoop. Text your boss from now on. AND DON'T FUCKING GO BACK THERE.
>>
>>17536534
Boss lives 1300 km away now... no worries of going back.

The road is gravel, only reason I ever went down it was for tow truck jobs... and I avoid it now.
>>
>>17535863
drive at night
in summer everythings full of tourists where I live, but at night the streets are mine
>>
>>17535761
i get off to this shit, except ive never seen snow or cold where i live, but man rainy drive, 2am, lights passing by in random succession
>>
>>17534537
>literally burning money is relaxing
>>
>>17534537
i'm often helping friends when they want to get somewhere and taking on ~500km trips if they only pay me for fuel. night highway drive feels amazing, night city drives are just as good, and even riding on highway in the middle of the day is a great thing to do. If there would be kind of a job where you just run around the country and deliver small packages in compact car, i'd gladly take it as my side job. Like, courier-uber with expensive (full petrol price) but instant delivery.

also
>got my first ticket for bullshit
>couldn't sleep from helpless anger
>decided to go on 2am night drive
>suddenly nothing matters
>calming night music, empty streets, pleasant yellow-ish street lights blinking then and now
>come back home in a good mood
there is no better therapist than a car

>>17538063
literally everything that's relaxing burns your money
>>
File: honor.jpg (20KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
honor.jpg
20KB, 480x640px
>>17535578
the fear of shitting your pants in a vehicle can actually warp space and time. the mayans tried to harness this power but it was their demise.
>>
File: 1444930113698.jpg (118KB, 380x247px) Image search: [Google]
1444930113698.jpg
118KB, 380x247px
>>17538063

Food costs money too, why are you still living? You're literally burning money right now
>>
It's weird for me. I feel relaxed while driving, it empties my mind of every other worry but when I've arrived, I suddenly feel how much I have been actually focused and tense the whole time.
>>
What are guys going to do when self driving cars take over the road in the next ten years?
>>
>>17538747
move out of that fucking city
>>
I don't really find driving relaxing. Even cruising on a highway is something that requires active attention and shit so it still makes me tired over time.

For some reason though, even though a lot of the work does genuinely suck a lot (especially since one of my cars is an AW11. Just did a fuel pump replacement. Fuck my life and fuck rubber hoses in unreachable bullshit places) I kind of find working on it relaxing for the most part. Like, you get tired from exertion of keeping your arms up and breaking loose bolts. But I recuperate by just laying on that creeper and staring up into the engine bay and shit. And that is relaxing as fuck.
>>
>>17534537
>who here drives to relax?
driving my car isn't really relaxing to me, but riding my motorcycle is, sometimes I'll get home from a ride, park it, and then immediately get back on it and keep riding just for the fuck of it.
>>
>>17535795
What car is that?
>>
>>17535578
Crohns here, I feel you brah. Never felt the need to shit while I'm driving. Being passenger is completly different.
>>
>>17535799

>implying a nigger with a crowbar is going to steal my car when I'm driving on the twisties in the mountains

The closest human being is 40 miles away usually, the only thing I ever have to worry about is deer and moose.
>>
I like it.

My greatest memories in childhood are those when I was in a car. Every other year we would go on a road trip (as a family). As I got older, my brother would take me to autocross. I'd chill out in the garage while my Dad or brother would fix their car.

I'm not much of a car enthusiast though. They love wrenching and stuff, I don't. I only do what's necessary. They talk to me about how engaging a car feels, and I try to geek out about it too, I try to feel it so that I can understand what they're talking about, but I just can't feel it. Cars just ain't my thing. But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't like driving. It's so calming and relaxing. It's almost like meditation. Even when traffic is bad, I still love it.

I drive an RSX right now, probably going to pick up the new generation Camry V6.
>>
I love the absolute focus that comes with spirited driving.
Helps me forget about all my problems.
It's just the road, the car and me. And I'm the one that is in control. If I crash and die, that's on me. If I make it to the end, that's on me too.
It's bliss.
>>
>>17534537
Washing my car is more relaxing to me senpai.

Nothing like smoking a half joint then washing my car
>>
File: you died.gif (2MB, 402x323px) Image search: [Google]
you died.gif
2MB, 402x323px
>>17540016
>Nothing like smoking a half joint then washing my car
I don't smoke anymore, but yeah that's real relaxing
>>
>decide to go for a drive at night
>Main road with lots of traffic lights is the only option to avoid tolls
>Normies who sit inside and vegetate most of the year clog the road because 'lol it's Summer'
>Cops everywhere so can't even drive fast
>Go to a park, stand outside car listening to music and drinking coffee
>weed smoking teenagers and dogwalking normies keep walking past and staring
Cities and the suburbs around them are the biggest meme in human history, they render everything unenjoyable reeee
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.