[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decision Day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

Alright

The 124 Abarth has been dancing in my head for the last few day. About to go take a drive in the Miata and decide if I am gonna roll over to the dealership and pull the trigger on this motherfucker

I know this is a longshot, but has anyone on /o/ actually BOUGHT a 124 Abarth? If so, tell me your thoughts

Otherwise, talk me out of/in to going and buying this car today
>>
>>17533894
oof ow my body roll
just keep the miata and have fun in the corners
>>
I can't help you, but if you do buy it, can you do a review on it? Reviews are something you never see on here, I think it'd be interesting.
>>
>>17533902
That's because almost nobody here owns a car and when people do talk about their cars the threads just get filled with shitposting
>>
>>17533894
Remember that the 124 is based on the miata, not the other way around. They corner better and have a larger choice of parts. Most likely will retain more value over time.
>>
I got one. I love it, tuned it so nownits around 200 to the wheels. Its an even bigger blast to drive now. Picked it up after testing out a focus RS and miata RF. Definetly get it in standard not automatic. No one really seems to like that trans.
>>
also make sure you get the brembo brakes and safety package at minimum. Drivers side has a huge blind spot with the top up.
>>
>>17533894
Just get the 124. If you have to buy a hair dressers car at least get the one with a psudo Italian roadster history. The Miata is great, its quick in the bendies and all and has the current world record for most homosexual blowjobs given in a two seated. That's something. But I would go with the 124 if I were forced to drive something with a women's portion of engine cylinders.
>>
>>17533894
motherfuckin WHAT? LPG, WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD
>>
>>17533902
I would absolutely review it IF I end up getting it

>>17533949
everything I have seen so far points to the 124 having the much better better aftermarket since the engine is the same as the 500 Abarth

>>17533958
The brake package seems like kind of a rip off though? I feel like you could better aftermarket brakes on for cheaper
>>
>>17533962
Are you 14?
>>
>>17533963
not dead. just working way more than I used to, which leads to more lurking and less posting
>>
File: 1499285622046.gif (2MB, 540x210px) Image search: [Google]
1499285622046.gif
2MB, 540x210px
>>17533894
Paying new for this tho LPG? I feel like you could wait til winter 2019/20 and pick up a used one for half what you're about to go sign up for.
>>
Aftermarket right now is just wilwood. I would trust brembo over them any day.
>>
>>17533984
Have a good relationship with the local Fiat sales manager from back when I was still selling cars

I've been in his ass about this car since it's announcement.

So it's kind breaking like this:

1. )He'll cut me a excellent deal on a new one now, and I can get basically exactly what I want

2.)I wait it out for a used one, and dick around trying to find what I want

Also, no idea what it is, but I can't stop thinking about the damn thing this week.
>>
>>17534002
Can you just admit you were a janitor at one point and time? Thoughts on /o/'s current state?
>>
File: 1500016177129.jpg (642KB, 1727x1727px) Image search: [Google]
1500016177129.jpg
642KB, 1727x1727px
>>17534002
I just see this cars value plummeting like a 500, and not retaining value like a Miata.

I totally get your impulse to snag one.

Does the luxury of your other DD (forgot what it was) rule out a new Camaro or Chevy SS? Idk your brand bias or preferences...
>>
>>17534028
You know they can't say. Also, just keeping reporting any images you see that may be repeated over and over. At least I do.
>>
>>17534046
It could go either way, I think (maybe subconsciously hope?)

I have actually seen a couple used 124's pop on the market already, and they're really only listing for 1-2K under the price of a new one, which is less than I would have thought, but obviously it's too early to say one way or another.

The AWD E Class as my other DD covers a lot of bases, but I actually took last weekend and made the rounds to most of the local new car dealerships to look at other options to sort of try and center myself.

The close second place IS a muscle car, either V8 Mustang or SS Camaro. I'm really not that biased other than nothing Dodge
>>
>>17534084
He can say if he's not current janitor, could also be why he hasn't posted because he's busy cleaning up Alphonse's shit
>>
>>17534028

It still seems like he takes his trip off JUST to shitpost, then he puts it back on
>>
>>17534118
LPG is a saint, he wouldn't stoop that low
>>
>>17534108
I have a feeling it's more than just alphy. Only because it happens so much I couldn't imagine 1 person dedicating that much time to shit posting. I feel like Alphonse and gtr/Ford GT shitposting is just the meme for trolls right now
>>
>>17533894

It's very cheap

Everything feels like plastic
>>
>>17534108

>has a fiancée
>degree from an Ivy League school
>has the money to support his and his SO's lifestyle

>he's a janitor on a Laotian pipe cleaning board
>he does it for free
>>
>>17533894
what up lpg glad to see you around buddy
we're all patiently waiting for your stories again.

fuck it, just buy it
>>
>>17533894
Better buy the Fiat 124, it's the same car for half the price.
>>
>>17534261
That's wrong though
>>
>>17534261
>bilstein dampers
>better suspension tuning
>chassis improvements
>limited slip diff
>brembo brakes
>great exhaust note (base 124 is woeful)

I mean the awesome Scorpion badge and trimming is worth a lot in itself. I'd easily take the Abarth.
>>
>>17534342
Does the 124 Abarth get straight pipes like the 500?
>>
>>17533973
no I ride the bus.
>>
>>17534365
I dunno about straight pipes but

https://youtu.be/VVR9GZHVzRs
>>
>>17534365
How is any production car supposed to pass emissions with straight pipes? Unless you mean no mufflers
>>
>>17533894
Just buy it. You haven't lived until you've owned a sporty italian Christmas tree. I sold my old 124 for a Miata and vaguely regret it. At least now they don't shit their organs all over the road when the lights come on, just twinkle to live up to the heritage.
>>
>>17534388
Wasn't neon srt4 straight pipe from factory?
>>
>>17534342
>bilstein dampers
you can do better with an upgrade of base for around $1k
>better suspension tuning
just a little stiffer spring rate
>chassis improvements
nothing aside from the bilsteins and stiffer springs
>lsd
really don't need it unless you're going to be doing autox/hpde, and can be taken care of with better aftermarket units
>brembo
again, unnecessary unless you autox or track, and wilwoods are cheaper if you really need increased fade resistance.
>great exhaust
for some stupid reason, in US trim you have to blow around $1K for the record monza catback

Anyway it's the same trim problem that the MX-5 has. You can get the Club+BBS package, or save $10K, get the Sport, and upgrade as you see fit. I got the Club+BBS, though, because the forged wheels are sex, and I don't want to change the suspension to be any stiffer.
>>
Dann, even lpg wants one of these. I do as well but in this part of CA they are holding their value. Lowest I've seen a used from an actual dealer is 23k.

Are these things actually gonna stay that way?
>>
>>17534411
The SRT-4 was cats and resonators only, no mufflers.

The other guy is talking about a"straight pipe" being a catless exhaust.
>>
>>17534423
Bilsteins alone would cos over a grand
>>
>>17534388
Yeah that's it
>>
>>17534423
>don't really need it
>unnecessary
Sports cars are unnecessary, most people need nothing more than a Civic.
>>
>>17533894
I've driven both, and I'd choose then Abarth any day iver the Miata. Aside from having loads more personality, it has a tiny bit more room.
>>
>>17533894
I didn't buy but I was anon in that other thread recounting my experience test driving it and like I said in that, my biggest complaint was always seeing the tablet out of the corner of my eye and freaking out in corners thinking it was gonna fall. Obviously that's a thing that goes away. Make sure you get the abarth, the wheels are so great and the tires were really good. Enjoy your new car mang, hopefully I'll join you in a few months with one
>>
>>17534492
Yeah I know, but you aren't going to see the benefit of those things if you're just carving up the occasional canyon, and if you wind up feeling the need, you can upgrade, likely with better-than-OEM stuff.
>>17534484
They'd be adjustable, tho. For $1K I'd rather get the JBR coilovers that are fully adjustable for compression/rebound and ride height. $2K is Fox/Ohlins territory.
>>17534506
I wish that they'd designed the tablet to recede into the dash when wanted. As it is, it's an eyesore.
>>
>>17534579
Just because something is adjustable doesn't mean it's good. $1k coilovers will be pretty fucking mediocre
>>
>>17534590
JBR makes good stuff. Not as good as Fox or Ohlins, but they don't suck.
>>
>>17534610
I'm not saying they would suck, just that they'd be mediocre. With suspension you really do get what you pay for
>>
File: fiat 124 abarth.jpg (502KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
fiat 124 abarth.jpg
502KB, 970x546px
the body roll thing is kind of a meme on the abarth version. the base models are squishy though

just please for the love of fuck get it tuned. the stock tune is so awful and has a shitty peak at the wrong place in the power band. There are several tunes that get it to 200whp AND vastly even out the power curve

also people scream "rice" but i think the black hood and trunk actually look kind of good
>>
>>17534086
The 124 will likely hold it's value pretty well. Seems like not a lot of people are reselling which I suppose is a good sign. May as well buy a new one with a decent financing package. I think LSD is a must on these cars, especially if you get a tune, but you can buy some cheaper suspension aftermarket to get the stiffness you need.
>>
>>17533894
Yes, buy the Abarth and please make a review because I want one too.
>>
I ended up getting a 500 Abarth because I could get a lightly used one for half the price of the 124 and needed something that would make a semi-practical daily driver, but absolutely love the engine in it. Also sitting in the 124 was enough to get my dad thinking about it for the rest of the day. Brought back memories of his old Triumph TR6 I think.
>>
>>17535103
I am seeing Lussos show up in Asheville NC's BHPH lots.
>>
I would get an abarth saying you can go can buy a base and upgrade for less is like slapping a shitty coat of paint on a well designed machine.

That said. I got my abarth for under base abarth msrp. With recaro seats, safety package, brembos. And 0 down. After tax it was still under the asking price. So far its the best deal anyone I know has gotten on one.
>>
Well I made the decision
>>
File: 3892999384_4e764555c7_b.jpg (452KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
3892999384_4e764555c7_b.jpg
452KB, 1024x700px
>>17536546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR-x_51P5_Y

?
>>
>>17536582
>9kPrelude buys an Alfa 4C
>LPG buys a 124 Abarth

Absolute mad men
>>
>>17536653
A peppy italian turd is a rite of passage, up there with a british roadster with a leaky roof and questionable electrics.
>>
>>17533898
>he doesnt know that the miatas suspenson is worse
>>
File: IMG_2444.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2444.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>17536665
>>17536653
We should get a questionable decision thread going, although this is probably already it.
>>
>>17533898
The Miata has a softer suspension. The 124 would corner better if it weren't for the turbo lag.
>>
>>17536653
>tfw considering a used 500 abarth hard
fug
>>
>>17536665
the 4C is insane and the fiata isn't italian so
>>
>>17533914
>That's because almost nobody here owns a car *worth reviewing* and when people do talk about their cars the threads just get filled with shitposting
ftfy
>>
>>17537545
Stay posted for a review thread
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.