[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2008 Silverado 1500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 3031619_55829159_640.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3031619_55829159_640.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
$6400
161k miles
5.3l v8
2wd
1 owner, commercial. No accidents.

Do i dare buy this? I live the basicness of the work truck package.
>>
>>17526881
>work truck package

Just a heads up, cruise control was an OPTION for the work truck package for that year model. It takes a $300 aftermarket cruise kit to equip those trucks with cruise control if it didn't come with it from the factory.

>t. 2009 2500HD work truck owner
>>
>>17526922
I bought a 2017 taco work truck. CC was 450 from the dealer, I just installed it myself for $67.

The tech is there, you just need the buttons for it.

It was a utility truck, so it was most likely beaten on. Unless you can get it for less, id keep looking.
>>
>>17526939
>The tech is there, you just need the buttons for it.

This was true for the Silverado until the 2007 year model. After that GM disabled CC in the ECU for models that didn't come with that option from the factory. The only way to enable it is for a dealer to get the unlock code for your specific truck from GM and then hooking it up to their dealer-only ECU interface. GM caught on that people were adding cruise control to their vehicles in this manner and stopped giving out the ECU unlock codes upon dealer request because they "didn't want people adding non-original features to their vehicle" so there is no possible way to add factory cruise control to those trucks now. It's bullshit, all you had to do before was buy a different control stick and add it to your steering wheel.

This is one of the only available kits for adding cruise to the 2007-2008 Silverados, it works by intercepting the throttle-by-wire signal being sent to the ECU and inserting it's own throttle position signal to maintain whatever speed you set it on.

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/250-1848-2007-2008-chevy-chevrolet-silverado-complete-rostra-cruise-control-kit/

2009-2017 models use a similar but slightly different kit that does the same thing.
>>
>>17526881
fuck no. it's a shitty base model truck. it looks like shit and has zero creature comforts. If you're using it for work get the 6.2.
>>
>>17527075
But the 5.3 is a powerhouse. What's wrong with a work truck with the 5.3?
>>
>$6400
>for a 2wd gas pickup
You may as well just buy a Honda civic
>>
>>17527498
Nothing at all. The 5.3 is a great engine. Beware the transmission, though. GM/Chebby trannies from that generation are pure garbage for reliability.
>2010 Silverado with 160k on its 2nd tranny rebuild
>>
Find owners of 2wd trucks before pulling the trigger.
Regret is nearly universal. The usefulness of a 2wd truck is... Not much

Is winter, dirt, boat ramp, or even a plowroll at the end of your driveway something you'd ever encounter?
>>
>>17527958
No, he wants a 2wd gas pickup, he has no intention of ever doing any work or driving it on anything but dry pavement.
>>
>>17528010
Which owners find out the usefulness of 4x4 real quick. 2wd pickup is the worst in the winter even on pavement.
>>
>>17527958
>>17528010
>>17528028
gtfo 4x4fags. snow tires and momentum are all you need as long as you don't live on a mountain
>>
>>17526881
161k miles is a lot man. Unless it has detailed maint info you're risking something expensive shitting the bed right away. If you are going to roll the dice I'd offer $5500.
>>
Yes. Do it. Buy a modern chevy with almost 200k that's 2wd. It's perfect and if I lived nearby I would buy it myself today.
>>
>>17528059

Your winter doesn't count.

Your perspective betrays your lack of knowledge. It's great you'd like to offer a differing opinion, but you aren't correct.

I own 3 rwd cars and a rwd pickup. I also own a 4x4 pickup.

You don't.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.