[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth trying to dismantle the anti-theft system on my car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1497248130376.png (249KB, 583x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497248130376.png
249KB, 583x440px
Is it even worth trying to dismantle the anti-theft system on my car?
>>
What car for what reason?
>>
>>17524516
2012 equinox. I fucked up my key and the anti-theft system won't let me start it now. I don't really want to pay to get a new one recut
>>
>>17524522
Your fucked just pay to get a new key.
T. Remote start installer
>>
>>17524637
That's fucking stupid. Fuck GM cars.
>>
>>17524496
How did you "fuck up the key?" Like strip the teeth or smash the fob part?
>>
>>17524670
I went swimming with it in my pocket, so it doesn't give off the little transmission signal
>>
>>17524642
Pretty much every new car is like that anon, don't fuck your key up.
>>
File: 180px-Ahhahahafaggot.jpg (11KB, 180x222px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Ahhahahafaggot.jpg
11KB, 180x222px
>>17524679
>>
>>17524642
It's literally all keys.
>>
>>17524679
Where's the spare key, anon?
>>
>>17524695
Lost in a move
>>
>>17524679
Unless you can get it open to dry then clean out the corrosion, you'll need a new key from the dealer.

New cars use that transmitter to disarm the system, which is controlled in the ECM or the Security module. And you need a working key to set up a remote or key less start system cause it first needs to clone the signal.

Does your car have valet mode like most Fords??
>>
>>17524496
How comfortable are you with installing a custom aftermarket ECU? More or less comfortable than taking it to the dealer?
>>
>>17524739
How much cheaper would it be than just getting a new key made?
>>
>>17524735
I'd assume the corrosion is going to make it unable to transmit anyway. It's just very frustrating to have a physical key I can turn in the ignition, but still be unable to start my car because the security system isn't ok with it.
>>
>>17524740
Well to get a new key made at some random store like home depot, they need a working key to capture then clone the signal coming off the original key.

>>17524747
Yeah that's how new cars are made now. An ignition switch is no longer a physical switch with a defined circuit with power and ground, its now a transponder that sends a message to the ECM that you want to turn on the car.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.