[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Repair / Maintainence Thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3233.jpg (320KB, 1660x1245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3233.jpg
320KB, 1660x1245px
So dash lights, are they worth the effort to replace? I have nothing to do tommorow, will I end up commiting suicide?
>>
Car repair thread on page 8, really says alot about /o/.
>>
>>17525241
>buy a car that won't drive me into poverty, and then actually work on it?!?!
>Fuck that maaaaan! I just wanna drift and get bitches!
>>
File: o.jpg (152KB, 1000x327px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
152KB, 1000x327px
>>17525241
>>
>>17524098
If your car was made in the 90's or earlier gauge clusters typically aren't that hard to pull.

Even my E30's is only held in by three screws.
>>
>>17524098
Dash lights, as in the ones inside of the instrument panel? Depends on the car; you may end up replacing the entire panel, or you might get away with a simple solder job or a simple plug n play job. The hardest part will be getting to the back of your instrument panel, probably. Varies a lot from car to car. I'd replace them, but I'm a stickler. It would help a lot to have your make, model, and year.
>>
>>17525309
95 rav4, ive tried to get at it from the front but that didnt give me enough space to get at shit, so im going to take the whole dash off tommorow.
Also where the fuck are you supposed to find bulbs? Would I be safe in assuming all 90s toyota dash bulbs are the same?
>>
>>17526401
2001 corolla owner with some broken dashlights here, i'd like to know this too.
>>
>>17526429
Do corrolas have a seperate dash piece around the speedo? and do they also have a single screw on the top of that piece?
>>
>>17526433
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean. It has a ring shaped piece of trim around the dash cluster that is held in by two screws.
>pic related
I have to admit that I havent taking it apart yet though.
>>
>>17526488
Take out those two screws, then see if you cant take off the section of dash holding in the speedo, there should be two clips on the sides. Its a cunt to get out, but it can be done.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.