[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fiat 850 - Restoration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 00808_9phsefxfL9y_1200x900 (1).jpg (120KB, 672x900px) Image search: [Google]
00808_9phsefxfL9y_1200x900 (1).jpg
120KB, 672x900px
I'm a complete noob to car restoration, but I want to give it a shot.
>Is this even a good idea?
>Will it cost me too much(the car is $350)?
>Parts?
>Can yeall just roast this plan so I know what not to f up?
>>
File: 00303_1XnzqVKuDqg_1200x900.jpg (99KB, 672x900px) Image search: [Google]
00303_1XnzqVKuDqg_1200x900.jpg
99KB, 672x900px
>>
File: 00h0h_jU251fikuhv_1200x900.jpg (76KB, 672x900px) Image search: [Google]
00h0h_jU251fikuhv_1200x900.jpg
76KB, 672x900px
>Text from the CL

This car needs fully restoration. Everything is there. I have the head off the motor i was going to rebuild it but i cant afford to keep going any further. Car sat 20 years. Title is long lost. One is obtainable easily. Was running when parked. Key is in ignition . Transmission stuck in 3rd gear. Motor actually turns. Car only has 70,000 on it. I know someone out there has something to offer and it can definitelty be saved. Currently selling as parts only due to missing title. Its a true rare classic. The spyder model please call or text
>>
If the engine was seized I would say no, but if you are willing to put in the time and effort I'd say it would be a fair buy. Parts would be a bitch though.
>>
>>17523721
>Is this even a good idea?
Yes, no and maybe...it is a great idea if your looking for a long term project, and have some money and time to burn...Engine maybe seized, trans issues, brake problems, electrical issues...are you willing to take a shot in the dark?
>Will it cost me too much(the car is $350)?
Dunno...I can personally guarantee it will cost at least double the cost of the car...depends on the problems you find...
>Parts?
This is going to be your biggest issue right here...where to source parts...
>Can yeall just roast this plan so I know what not to f up?
I don't know what your up against...your skill level, what kinda kit you have or lack...
For that kinda money, just buy it and figure it out...take pictures...come back to /o/ from time to time...there are some lifers on here that like that kinda thing...(like me)...
>>
Keep in mind, depending on what state you're in getting a title for an old car can be a nightmare.
>>
>>17523760
When you say it will cost double the cost of the car do you mean the cost I pay

>I don't know what your up against...your skill level, what kinda kit you have or lack...
0. I have no skill, no kit I honestly intend to learn as I go.
>>
>>17523776
I'm in NC, but I don't know anything about their titles.
>>
>>17523787

Just from time I've spent repairing modern cars that went too long without service, I can tell you you're gonna be thousands of dollars into that before it's safety driveable.

But the most important part of restoring a car is time and energy. Most projects fail because the owner loses interest in it. You gotta keep it, budget your time for working on it. As well as a shitload of money.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.