[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

troubleshooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: t230celica.jpg (340KB, 1554x1017px) Image search: [Google]
t230celica.jpg
340KB, 1554x1017px
i just bought this T230 Celica, did it all legally, even got it inspected prior to handing over the money to the owner by a trusted mechanic within the family (not actually family related but he fixed a lot of shit within the cars in our family over the years)

there's however 3 issues that i found

also keep in mind that im a ausfag, all T230 Celicas have the 2ZZ-GE engine in it and a 6 speed manual tranny which the owner put in a short shifter in the transmission (which feels like it was done professionally)

First off: there's a grinding noise whenever i go down gears from 3rd gear to 2nd gear if i go too fast (by "too fast, i meant like 40kph, usually going slower than that then give it like full 1 second press into the clutch).

2nd issue is whenever i go from 5th gear to 4th gear it also grinds (im not sure how to get over that, i might have to learn how to double clutch probably)

3rd issue is that i just found out my right tail light just went dead. it must have died either today or yesterday (i got the car 2 days ago) and im not sure if its either sealed units or you can change the bulb normally.

/o/ please halp
>>
also pic unrelated, that isnt my celica.
>>
by the way, im not sure if its either a 1999 model or a 2000 model
>>
also another note, im going to get the transmission fluid changed in a few days. just incase if it might help
>>
>>17521280
sounds like worn syncros
>>
>>17521300
also this is rather newfaggish for me to say, but are the 4th and 2nd synchros are tied together? because whenever i shift down from either 6th to 5th or from 4th to 3rd its all fine but when actually shifting down from 5th to 4th or 3rd to 2nd it grinds
>>
The tail lights are easy. Open the side panel in the trunk, it just clips on. If it's like the two I've owned here in the USA you should be able to reach in, rotate the one you need and take it out.
>>
>>17521280
You don't need to double clutch, unless what you mean is revmatch. But yeah if you rev match perfectly and it doesn't make a noise it's probably the synchros like >>17521300 said.
>>
>>17521280

rev match it better

t. ex-t230 owner
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.