[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with VW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: CC-16-0134-R.png (35KB, 484x226px) Image search: [Google]
CC-16-0134-R.png
35KB, 484x226px
Honest question, not trolling, not defending them.
I have 2012 Passat 2.5 SE, w/ 40k, and aside from the battery I replaced recently, no issues.
I keep seeing comments about them being POS's?
Is it only the turbo models, or certain years?
After a certain mileage? what?
TIA for feedback.
>>
>>17520337
>buying the 2.5
You dun goofed. Should've gotten the vr6.
>>
>>17520353
It's a part time vehicle (not my DD)
Couldn't afford or justify the extra $7k
>>
>>17520337
>Is it only the turbo models, or certain years?

Nope the turbos are reliable as fuck unless you are pushing more than 500hp out of the 1.8 or 2l then you start needing to look at changing some bottom end parts. I've put over 180,000 miles on a couple with only standard maintenance and the only thing that killed the first one was a truck reversing over the front of it in traffic. (It still drove but was an uneconomic repair)
>>
>>17520400
So WHERE are reliability 'issues'?
>>
>>17520436

Automatic gearboxes, any missed mainenance is disastrous if the PO was cartarded, wiring problems... There any many problems at all with the 2.5. Short of the 2.0 it's the least problematic engine they have.
>>
File: 20170328_152727.jpg (1MB, 1434x1072px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_152727.jpg
1MB, 1434x1072px
>>17520337
Over 40k miles on my golf. No issues and great on gas. Haters gonna hate tho
>>
>>17520337
11 of the top 20 most reliable cars in the 2017 Europe wide reliability study are VAG. (10 if you don't class the 911), 7 of the bottom 20 are made by Ford or GM. (The only company worse than Chevy is KIA)
>>
>>17520528
BUT /O/ MEMES SAID VAG IS BAD! 4CHAN WOULDN'T LIE
>>
>>17520337
They've been unreliable since the late '90s at least. Back then it was electrical problems all over the place, but the engines weren't great either - mostly the turbo models, and that's still the case.
>>
>>17520337
i dont hate them. i just dont like the fact that every vehicle i see is basically a rebadged golf.
>>
>>17520550
Is electrical still an issue?
Should I stay clear of full tilt bells and whistles?
(CC 4Motion Executive)
>>
>>17520436
nowhere, it's a meme perpetrated by a few haters and retards that cannot into scheduled maintenance.
>>
>>17520337
chain tensioner notorious for failing, electrical issues, i think they had transmission issues as well.
>>
2000s models smelled like crayons on hot days.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.