[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General maintenance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Car-maintenance1.jpg (191KB, 584x328px) Image search: [Google]
Car-maintenance1.jpg
191KB, 584x328px
I have a 20 year old Chevy Lumina that hasn't had any regular maintenance other than keeping the proper orifices wet and lubricated, i'm only recently understand cars more than "step on this to go" and that its probably going to die if i don't actually maintain it.

So far i can tell that the alternator probably needs replaced but what are other things that generally just go bad with time that i should look into?
>>
Inspect all hoses for dry rot or cracking
Inspect drive belt or belts for dry rot or cracking
Inspect air filter and cabin air filter if your car has one.
Inspect the condition of all fluids in the engine bay (Low levels indicating a possible leak, contamination).
A tune up may be a consideration, plugs and wires
Give the engine a look over to see if there are any leaks.
Check tire pressures, tread depth, condition of the tire and tread wear of the tire for any abnormalities

If you have access to the means to properly lift and support a car on jack stands

Give the wheels a shake at 3 and 9 also 6 and 12 to see if there is any possible play in the tie rods and ball joints.
Check things like struts for oil leaks, swaybar end links for play
Check the condition of pads and rotors

If you don't know where to find these things on your car google is your friend or buy a manual for your car.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.