[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new car for a casual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 6 door cancer.jpg (56KB, 504x378px) Image search: [Google]
6 door cancer.jpg
56KB, 504x378px
Hey /o/. Normiefag cousin of mine was going to buy a Mazda 3 GT or BMW X1 for $27k. His sell points were adaptive cruise control and blind spot checker.

I talked him out of it because he never goes more than 20 minutes on the highway and the blind spot sensor is just retarded with the 4 months of snow we get here. And a whole host of other reasons.

What's a good car he can get for under 30k? I told him not to buy within 1 year new because muh depreciation and so now I have to take him to places to do some test drives to make sure he's comfortable in what he's getting.
>>
>>17518910
I'm thinking a Lexus ES350 or VW Jetta / Golf. Reliability and whatever.

Can also do a lease takeover on an even better vehicle because he's not sure if he's staying in this city for the next while.
>>
>>17518910
Just let him buy whatever he wants to buy, man.

The Mazda3 GT is a great car. So is the X1.
>>
>>17518910
Used V6 Accord for 20k.
>>
>>17518910
Why not a Subaru?
>>
>>17518947
Tell me why a Subaru. Will consider those options. Preferably between 2014-2016.

>>17518929
I already am going to go with him to see a 2015/2016 Mazda GT. This way, it's $6k cheaper since he's going to buy it outright anyway.

>>17518945
I told a qt coworker friend of mine to get one of these and she did. Feels good man. Going to add that to the list.
>>
>>17518960
>Tell me why a Subaru
They have AWD for inclement weather, which sounds like something you all deal with
They're not to difficult to work on yourself
The company is stable
They get decent mileage
But the most important thing is they hold their resale value very well as long as you take care of the car
Also, 14-16 he can get a nice WRX for easily under 30k, which blows away the Mazda3 for enjoyment and the X1 for reliability, if he needs space the Forester XT is also an option
>>
File: Mazda-GVC-deployment-640x358.jpg (47KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-GVC-deployment-640x358.jpg
47KB, 640x358px
>>17518947
Subaru is bad. Their engines are 20 years old and the auto is a CVT.

OP i would say a Mazda is completely fine. Maybe even a Mazda 6 for a slightly bigger car. With Mazda new would actually be better. The new models have torque vectoring for increased handling.
>>
>>17518980
Subarus are shit. Way worse than a v6 Accord. Awd is a meme.
>>
>>17518980
Is the Forester a crossover now? Thought they were good wagons a while back but now I'm confused every time I see them on the roads.

WRX is a bit too high end as he won't ever be tracking it or taking it on extended highway drives. Needs to save innacity fuel, too.

Forester looks good.
>>
>>17518994
In what fucking way did I recommend an automatic Subaru? I didn't so shut your stupid fucking mouth before you post like the retard you are
>>17518996
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about either
>>17519009
Yeah, Forester is a crossover, and if you think that the WRX is not a good fit, he might like the XV Crosstrek, despite what this faggot says >>17518994 they have the best CVT in the market and it gets great mileage, but I personally would recommend the manual version
>>
>>17518919
This. The golfs and jettas really are surprisingly nice for the price. Some will meme that they're shit but have him give one a try. They make a good first impression and it'll last. However I will say that even though my 8 year old golf has been mechanically solid, some of the interior trim hasn't done so well with extremely hot/humid weather. In cold climates VWs have all sorts of new features to make it comfy (you can get electrically assisted heater/heated mirrors are standard/heated washer nozzles etc

Worth a look imo
>>
>>17519308
Which one specifically? OR are they both more or less the same?

How are the blind spots and how reliable oare those weird heated mirrors and washer noodles?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.