[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I drive in the left lane in the US without moving to another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

I drive in the left lane in the US without moving to another lane for 15-20 miles at a time. I go the speed limit or 5 miles above like a good driver. No accidents, havent been pulled over, been driving 15 years.

And yet, almost every day I get people tailgating me, honking, speeding past and for what? To be 30 seconds ahead of me at best? Or, they weave around me, almost hitting my front bumper once they pass and then when I honk they flip me off even when they are in some 90s pos vehicle.

Whats the point of that behavior /o/?
>>
>>17518014
Burgers think the left-most lane is the speeding lane where you are allowed to go 15MPH above the speed limit. One guy speeds in the left lane and everyone follows, thinking it is a legal norm.
>>
>>17518014
on long hauls those 10 mph extra shave more like 30 minutes off of a trip. Also left lane is for passing only.
>>
>>17518041
i believe there is no such thing as a passing lane. You cant bully someone off their lane except if you're a cop or a ambulance
>>
>>17518014
(you)
>>
>Claims to be a good driver
>Rides in left lane
>Smug anime girl
Nope you are actually really shit. If you ever gotten a ticket you never actually drive your car.
>>
>>17518058
>I believe regardless of the law
The left lane IS the passing lane and its illegal to travel in it.
>>
File: bait -.jpg (15KB, 480x180px) Image search: [Google]
bait -.jpg
15KB, 480x180px
>>17518014
>>
>>17518072
>The left lane IS the passing lane and its illegal to travel in it.
not in all states
he's still a troll/nigger for making this thread
>>
>>17518072
>>The left lane IS the passing lane and its illegal to travel in it.
15 years later and no tickets. Not even once hahahahahaha
>>
>>17518014
Just switch lanes and let them pass
>>
>>17518282
why? I'm going the speed limit +5/10. Fuck em. Give me a compelling reason why I should enable their speeding.

If I was going below the speed limit it would be another matter
>>
>>17518316
the left lane is the passing lane
the speed you are travelling is irrelevant if the person behind you is faster you yield right
i know a state trooper that gives left lane hoggers tickets for not yielding when someone faster approaches them. they're always butthurt that the other car was speeding, "a danger" etc. he tells them the law is to move over, not "to yield right unless already going the speed limit" and that by being entitled to hogging the left lane they're making it much more likely for an accident to happen then someone speeding
>>
>>17518098
>>17518253
You are the niggers here. It's the law in most states and I can speak for FL when I say it's only the scum that "decide" which laws to follow because it suits their own needs. Civil disobedience against an unjust law is another matter but this is petty bullshit that is part of why the roads are cancer
>>
>>17519056
This so much
>>
>>17518084

honestly can't believe so many people are feeding this troll
>>
>>17518014
You're supposed to stay right as much as possible. If you're impeding traffic, you're not being that safe a driver, even if you're following all the rules, like a good German. Use the left lane to pass those slower than you and then get back over as soon as is practical.
>>
File: 5996455206_0fff98c2a0_z.jpg (381KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
5996455206_0fff98c2a0_z.jpg
381KB, 640x424px
>>17518058
Wrong.

Every interstate I've been on has at least stretches, if not the entire road, where variations of this sign has been posted, and I've driven every state between Vermont and Texas.

Someone post that webm or gif of the cop getting behind the slow guy in the passing lane, leading him over, and then driving off
>>
>>17518316
If many people are going faster than you, you're impeding the flow of traffic being in the left lane, and that's unsafe. Eventually someone will do more than just flip you off and cause an accident, which you have a very good chance of being part of.
>b-b-b-but I was following the rules!
And you can comfort yourself smugly with that as you deal with your insurance and their insurance trying to get your car back together again and get on with your life. Except insurance will always try to screw you over and make your life generally unpleasant while you're dealing with them. And they don't care that you were following the rules, only that they have to pay you and that you're going to work for it.
>>
>>17519495
It's generally considered good driving etiquette, but in some places they've taken etiquette and made it mandatory. In Germany, you can only pass on the left, never the right, so if you're sitting their in the left lane you're blocking traffic.
>>
>>17518084
This would actually be a really good sticker for a car, LOL.
>>
>>17518014
If you look closely you can see that OP is actually a shitty driver.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.