[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monte Carlo SS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

I know nothing about cars. Anybody know how good these are supposed to be?
>>
drives like an american car trying to copy japanese cars.

just buy a jap car if you like that styling.
>>
>>17518021
>drives like an american car trying to copy japanese cars
This makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>17518021
lol no

they drive like a shitty boat

one of the worst cars Ive ever been behind the wheel of

the sound is awful and theyre slow as hell by modern standards
>>
Is it supercharged? If so, you can make them decently quick for hardly any money

Engine is a meme for being bulletproof and they do drive like boats as said

Alright cars for the sub 5k range. I'd rather have a GTP instead though because they are more practical and imo better looking
>>
are they at least decently built? i just need something that wont fall apart and will get me where i need to go.

>>17518127
>Is it supercharged?
yes
>>
>>17518127
Doesn't matter what the engine. They're fwd and have weak transmissions.
>>
>>17518008
They're utter trash and you'll 100% regret buying it. They don't handle, they don't look good, they're not reliable, and they're not fast. There's nothing going for it and you'd do better buying just about anything else.
>>
>>17518140
they are from a period where GM was at a low point

this is one of the cars (ok so the car in question was an Impala SS but whatver) that caused a friend and I to come up with the conclusion that GM can build a good engine but surround it with shit
>>
They're not a bad deal considering they usually cost about $1200.
>>
File: DSC_2459-Edit small.jpg (545KB, 1920x1281px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2459-Edit small.jpg
545KB, 1920x1281px
>>17518140
Mileage? Has it had any tranny work? These are the weak point in W-Bodies so make sure you find this shit out if you haven't bought it yet. Other common issues are the LIM, valve cover gaskets and coolant elbows leaking. Which should be a one time fix if it hasnt been done. Also check the rear strut towers and rockers for rust as they start there and eat the car up

My 04 GTP (W-Body) just crossed over 190, still on the original trans but will be ordering a shift kit and a tranny cooler very soon as they will greatly extend the life of the only thing that will break on a W-Body
>>
>FWD v8
fucking weirdos
>>
>>17518555
physically it looks good. no rust. id have to call the guy tomorrow to ask about other things though. its pretty late today.
>>
File: IMG_028922.jpg (708KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_028922.jpg
708KB, 3072x2048px
This is now a 3800 thread.
>>
>>17518573
The V8's are the stupid ones. Only takes a little bit to get the V6 faster. Also the V8's are more prone to tranny failure because of heat from the aluminum block

>>17518586
Look at it yourself if possible and go through everything I said earlier. They are good, reliable cars that will run forever and can be cheaply maintained because there are so many of them. On that note, if this one is a shitter, you can find another one very quickly because they are so common. I really recommend the 4 door W-Bodies if you don't go for this one
>>
>>
>>17518140
>are they at least decently built?
Not really, desu.
>>
Don't do it OP my sisters Bf calls me atleast once a month to help his bitchass replace shit on that Mexican ferrari
They're shit the engine is shit and the styling looks like your driving for NASCAR on your way to work
Don't do it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.