[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how hard is it to DIY a professional grade paintjob?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5771.jpg (56KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5771.jpg
56KB, 626x382px
My moms 50th is coming up and she's always complaining about her "plain silver car"
So I'm wondering what stuff would I need type of paint, paint guns, etc to simply change the color and make it look like it came out of the factory that way?
Pic semi related it's her model of car with the color she's always wanted on it
>>
If you're asking here, very. Because she's a woman, she probably means she wants a new car, not a paint job.
>>
>>17515909
I've asked her that very same question and she literally told me "no I like this car and I'd rather have it painted then go out and buy another one for $XXXX.XX"
>>
File: 1365252950544.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1365252950544.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>17515902
>women care more about the color of their car than the fact if it's fast or fun to drive
>>
Just take it to your local Maaco and have them paint it. People shit on Maaco for doing low quality work but the reality is that most people bring them rusted out pieces of shit to begin with and expect them to do autobody tier repairs to them. If your car is in decent condition, they'll do a pretty damn good job. It's not rocket science. And the cost will be the same as to all teh equipment and paint you would buy regardless, and they'll probably do it better.
>>
Frankly you need practice and patience for a "professional grade" paint job.
The price depends on what you have on hand, but let's assume you've got the space to do this and a pretty nice air compressor, it'll probably be 1000 for paint depending on the size quality of paint. Etc
At least 1000 for mask, gun, hoses misc.etc probably cheaper if you find some used stuff.
And like 150 /200 to set up a clean windless bubble to paint in.
You'll also need 10 hours of desperately Googling paint tutorials as well as another car to practice on a few times.
So to recap, bite the bullet and go clean her car up really well and have it taken some place to get painted.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.