[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Speeding Ticket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6207.png (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6207.png
119KB, 1200x800px
Been driving for 3 years and just got my first speeding ticket, 70 dollars.

>wtf im an ancap now
>cop was actually pretty cool and didn't double charge me b/c construction zone

/o/, please recommend me a decent police scanner
>>
>>17515809
waze + situational awareness.
>>
police scanner isn't going to help you, quit speeding
>>
If you're not a poorfag passport 9500ix is cash if poor fag a cobra one is still OK fuck the police
>>
You're talking about radar detectors, correct?
>>
>speeeding in construction zone
Ur an idiot
I've gotten three tickets. One was 80 in a 60. Two dismissed with lawyer.
Currently getting my third dismissed with defensive driving since it was from one of those shitty small towns and I cant make a court date to contest it with a traffic attorney.
It's an extortion racket but get used to it.
>>
SEVENTY DOLLARS!!!????

I've had nine (9) speeding tickets in my day and the cheapest was $240. I would blast at full speed everywhere if tickets were just $70.
>>
>>17515844
I actually burned through a light that led into a construction zone, was slowed down by time I hit it
>>
File: tmp_29436-2x4aw7k7wy7z552921364.jpg (22KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29436-2x4aw7k7wy7z552921364.jpg
22KB, 680x453px
>>
File: LFD60L4.jpg (29KB, 689x296px) Image search: [Google]
LFD60L4.jpg
29KB, 689x296px
>>17515809
>speeding in a construction zone

scum, i bet you're the type of faggot that does burnouts in school zones.
>>
File: IMG_5873.jpg (39KB, 306x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5873.jpg
39KB, 306x448px
>>17515851
I'm afraid of nothing when it comes to police as I'm white and not a sovereign citizen
>>
Got a seatbelt ticket a month ago Still think about that bitch cunt cock smoking cop

>oh you're address isn't current that's another $100 fine
>>
>>17515809
I had my license almost a year to the date when I got my first ticket. Was racing home to get my tennis racket. 70 in a 30, and he caught me braking. I still have no idea why he didn't charge me with reckless driving

To answer your question just use Waze. It's free and it works pretty well... like 95% of the cops I pass show up in the app
>>
Ticket story thread?

Get a ticket for 4 over, going down hill, on a long curving highway off ramp. What kind of cop gives tickets for off ramp speed, on a half mile long, down hill ramp, for 4 MPH?.

Anywho, decide I'm gonna fight it because the fine would be the same anyway and go to court and find the county prosecuted before the session starts, explain things, and she agrees to a plea bargain for faulty equipment, that's a fine half as big. The court session starts and I'm listening to the other cases when I'm looking over my ticket and notice that my license plate number is written wrong, one of the letters was wrong. I start looking it over and I find another mistake that blows me away, my drivers license number is wrong. I get called up, and the judge reads the plea agreement and asks if I agree to the charges reduced and the pleas and I say No. That brings the show to a stop and the judge asks what I plea and I tell the judge "That I request a dismisal of these charges, on grounds of due process" the judge looks at me for about a minute and looks at the prosecutor who shrugs. "Your honor, this ticket contains clerical errors that constitute a violation of due process as the state cannot demonstrate the validity of the information contained in these charges. The drivers license information does not correspond to any drivers license I hold, nor does this license plate information match any vehicle registered in my name or operated by me on the date of the alleged offense". The judge smirked a little and then she asked to see my drivers license. She looks at the prosecutor who is shuffling a few papers and asks if the officer wrote the ticket was there and she tells the judge no. The judge says they have 30 days to file amended charges if they choose and dismisses this charge. I get a letter a month later saying nothing else will be filed. I guess it wasn't worth the time.

Fun times. Saved me 109$.
>>
>>17515809
>Been driving for 3 years and just got my first speeding ticket, 70 dollars.
My area has the cheapest tickets from police officers. The most expensive tickets are from the cameras (probably because of revenue sharing with the private company). Privatization results in higher ticket prices.

In my area, the cheapest speeding ticket I got was for $249 for going 33 MPH in a 20 MPH zone. The city had passed some technically legal laws to allow for gouging prices. Their red light cameras also look for people making right turns on red which is legal if there is no sign saying you can't. But the law requires you to come to a full stop at the red light before making the turn. But usually, once someone starts making the right turn, all the other cars following don't bother stopping and just keep turning while the light is red. My neighbor got caught by the camera for doing that. The fine was over $200 again.
>>
>>17515809
>police scanner
if you're listening to the cop call in his attempt at pulling you over its a little too late
>>
File: DSC04073.jpg (83KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04073.jpg
83KB, 1080x1080px
>>17515824

Do people report speed traps on this app? My coworker has been telling me to get it just to help with traffic, but I've always thought there should be some system for logging/tagging speed traps in real time.
>>
>>17520406
yes usually the more obvious ones are reported. one time i was on a trip and the first 10 miles into another state were filled with bored state cops. all reported on waze exact location

some negatives tho like false reports, and the annoying ads when stopped
>>
>>17515809
valentine one it is really sensitive and mine picked up on a cop 1 mile down the road
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.