[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are getting higher end brakepads compared to oem ones a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: photo_pad_hc800.jpg (28KB, 390x250px) Image search: [Google]
photo_pad_hc800.jpg
28KB, 390x250px
Are getting higher end brakepads compared to oem ones a meme for a daily driver that doesnt join?

Say if you already went for more higher end tires?
>>
Higher end to a certain point. I'd def notice the difference if I spent $50 a axle on Stoptech/Akebono/Mintex/Textar/PBR pads over shittier $20 a axle Wagners or parts store brands.

But I don't see the point in something like $100/axle Hawks/EBCs/Carbotechs unless I'm regularly tracking or autocrossing the car with a decent set of 200TW or stickier tires. Would rather spend the money on newer lines if the car is over 10 years old and flushing the fluid with fresh DOT4.
>>
>>17515724
In the best scenario they are squeaking like hell, in the worst you have to get them up to temperature before they work, resulting in a loss of breaking capability while normal driving
>>
>>17515724
Good brake pads make a difference on track.
In real life even cheapo ones are fine as long as you are not a dogshit driver.
>>
>>17515724

There are "high end" brake pads with differing compositions and philosophies of use. You need to be asking what you want out of your braking system. High end isn't enough info.
>>
>>17516688
This. There isnt just one spectrum for brake pads. There are pads marketed for street use and pads meant for track use. Using track pads on the street is not pleasant. They dust like crazy, they squeal like a pig when they're cold, and they dont brake very well until they get some heat into them.
>>
>>17515724
Holy fuck I just realized that it's t called Project U and not Project LL
>>
I always ordered big brands at high price and last year I it the bullet and got an ebay black zinc slotted kit (seller is local to me). The whole kit for the price of 2 front rotors are the same exact shit I used to pay out of the ass.
>>
>>17517688
It's called Project Mu/Mirco. The "U" is the micro symbol.
>>
>>17515724
Just get OEM spec pads that don't dust as much
>>
I have the blue hawk pads i forget what the exact name for it is, but they're the DD+autox and some track day oriented ones. They actually seem to leave less dust and don't make any noise. I can notice the difference on the track or autox - they seem more bitey but i also put on sticky tires. On the street you can't tell the difference, but this pad isn't their most aggressive.

I wouldn't get the best brake pads for track use on a daily car it just doesn't make sense. You'll get all the negatives without ever utilizing it most likely
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.