[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Purchasing choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 240x180px
I Have the opportunity to aquire a very clean 88 accord dx 2door hatch with 75k miles on it.
I also have the opportunity to get a gen 2 integra (pre 4 headlights) 2door hatch with Gsr motor/granny + Coilovers. The integra is in good shape as well from the photos. Seller claiming 100k miles on the swap.

My concern about the accord is A: carburetor because i do a lot of cold weather driving and B: it's kinda slow.

My worry is when I actually look at the integra it will be a hack job swap or riced out/abused. It looks clean from the photos however. The accord will be 500 less than the integra. Thoughts on these cars? Thanks /o/
>>
File: OQ3i8Ym.gif (352KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
OQ3i8Ym.gif
352KB, 500x500px
The accord is going to have a reeeal basic and old interior and is gonna be fucking slow, you wont be able to make it even normie level of speed without big $$$
The integra is a Integra, every halfwit islander has one cos they work and they can afford them with their benefit payments
The integra will likely give you more problems cos prev owner probably fucked it but will be alot more fun than the (90hp?) accord
>>
>>17515393
My thoughts are pretty much that. The accord, while a real gem is a bit overpriced and that carb is gonna suck dick in the winter (co)

Integra I think is the better choice once I get under the hood and check the Coilovers and the swap. If he actually had it done by a professional or he didn't fuck it up well be in business. Other annoyin thing is the a.c. compressor is out of the car. He said he has the parts but that's an annoying day long project plus I'll have to recharge it.
>>
>>17515271
if you're worried about cold weather driving, why not catch the MFI system from the same engine series? More power, economy should be about the same but you might have less problems.
Also, it shouldnt hve much problems if you make sure to keep your fuel lines and carb cleaned.
as for the slowness, a better exhaust header and a carb ramp should do the trick.
>>
>>17515271
Honestly the i would go with the accord.Much less likely to have been abused and will have alot more space then the integra.Plus you dont realy ever see any hatchback accords.
Also POP UP HEADLIGHTS.
>>
>>17515271
Neither. The Accord is a shitty base model and the Integra is a ruined shitbox. Just get a civic for 3k.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.