[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would you buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: familyman.gif (2MB, 554x277px) Image search: [Google]
familyman.gif
2MB, 554x277px
So, I'm my partner and I need a new car, will the 4chan oracle guide me?

We have a <1 yr old and her mazda 3 aint cutting it in terms of space. My liberty GT aint cutting it in terms of practicality (coilovers, FMIC, big stereo in the boot).

probably gonna have to let go of my liberty... keep the maz 3 and buy a family hauler.

I'm in Australia, budget is 50k, we plan on 2 more kids in the next 3 yrs.

considering the following:

Maz CX5 diesel (akera spec)
Subaru outback 3.6R

Which would /o/ buy and why? Any alternatives?

safety is my toppest of top priorites, also want reliability and practicalilty. But I'd also like something 'fun'. Considered an Octavia RS wagon but Skoda and VAG are a bunch of cunts (mums mk 7 golf R has been in the dealership for haldex replacement, and constant coolant issues where the level drops, they top it up and say no fault found - has 20k klms on it)

help me /o/
>>
File: forester1228150044.jpg (65KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
forester1228150044.jpg
65KB, 800x588px
>>17514708
>>
post pics of wife
>>
>>17514708
>My liberty GT aint cutting it in terms of practicality (coilovers, FMIC, big stereo in the boot).
>FMIC

How does this impact practicality??

Have you looked at a VF Commodore Wagon? Good size without resorting to an SUV.

Octavia RS would be my choice though.
>>
>>17515167
fpbp
>>
>>17514708

Get rid of the coilovers and stereo and keep the Liberty. Trust me

I have a Mazda 6 MPS and have a three year old, and another one on the way. Missus has granny spec 6 and the only times we've wished for more space you'd require a ute
>>
File: godmachine.jpg (202KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
godmachine.jpg
202KB, 2040x1360px
>>17514708

Volvo XC90
>>
>>17515613

Sorry didn't need to post yet

Best CX5 pick is the post-facelift KE with the 2.5L. 1st Gen diesel has serious issues, question is not if but when you'll be replacing the engine. Dunno about latest Gen.

Outback is just a Liberty on stilts, so that's a stupid choice considering you already have one
>>
>>17514708
Mate, just get an SS Commodore for fucks sake.
The Series 2 VF has:
>5 star ANCAP rating for the kids and wifey
>Shit loads of room, it's a full sized sedan
>Wagon if you need more room
>Fuck loads of power and torque

Why would you bother with anything else?
>>
>>17514708
A cx5 or any other small crossover is not going to be an improvement in space. Get a honda Odyssey or Toyota sienna or something like that. The outback has shitty cvt

Really though you should kill yourself for having kids.
>>
>>17515643

It's closer to the 6 in size than the 3. If he was upgrading the 3 it'd make some sense at least
>>
File: IMG_1472.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1472.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>17514708
WC34 Stagea with R34 front clip
>>
>>17514708
I stopped reading after >partner
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.