[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lugnut ripped off send help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5748.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5748.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /o/

I was tightening the lugnuts on my Dodge 2500 RAM, and the lugbut and screw came off.

The truck's old and has been siting there for s while, and the last time we drove it the lugnuts and screws damaged the rim since dad and I didn't tighten them enough.

How much will this cost to fix? The trucks 4x4 if that matters.

Am I fucked /o/?
>>
>>17513663
probably $50 tops.

You could do it your self with a BFH a torch and set of jacks.
>>
>>17513663
just put a glob of jb weld on it. she'll hold together better than my last marriage did
>>
>>17513663
>lugbut and screw came off.
Aren't there seven more?
>>
>>17513682
Thanks bud. That's reassuring to know that I can get it fixed. Probably about 75$ leaf dollars

>>17513690
I don't have a welder rip. Feels bad for marriage.
>>
>>17513711
Last I checked keeping the tires on is inportant.
>>
>>17513725
Only on running vehicles
>>
>>17513733
Fair.

I've got everything working; just need insistance( got money for it), tires(made appointment for it) and working bolts( working on it)
>>
Just tap the stud out and pop a new one in. Maybe buy a fresh set of lug nuts for $20 so it doesn't happen again
>>
>>17513718
>JB weld

>Needing a welder
>>
>>17513663
good one op. I had a nice lol after looking at the pic. 8/10 would kek again.
>>
Should be able to just replace the stud. I've had to do it twice to my shitbox.
>>
>>17513663
why are the boltholes slots?
>>
>>17513773
This. There's even videos on youtube of people showing you how to do this.
>>
Better the stud broke while it was still than while it was moving, OP.
>>
>take wheel off
>take lugnut that works
>get replacement stud
>tighten lugnut up onto stud and use your breaker bar if you need to to set the stud in place
>remove lugnut, and put wheel back on
>>
>>17516136
You forgot the part about bashing the old stud out. An airhammer works wonders.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.