[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be 24, Working Mediocre IT Job >Make 50k Annually >Considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 15

File: 18wrx.jpg (139KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
18wrx.jpg
139KB, 750x422px
>Be 24, Working Mediocre IT Job
>Make 50k Annually
>Considering 2018 Subaru WRX 28k
>Would have roughly $1,500 left over after rent, car payments+insurance, and all other bills each month
>Should I get it?
>>
>>17513203
How much is going into savings per month?
>>
>rent

no
>>
>>17513203
>>Make 50k Annually
keep going...
>>
Why is this the go to car for every person that works in IT?

I work in IT, and three of my coworkers have a damn WRX.
>>
>24
>Doesn't own a house yet
>>
>>17513210
Meh, roughly 400.
>>
>>17513223
Yeah you should look into getting a house first and foremost
>>
>car payment

if you have 1.5k after a car payment, why not just wait about year and buy it with cash?
>>
>>17513222
Because it looks nerdy as hell and IT guys are... Nerds. Same with the people who buy GTI's and ST's.
>>
>>17513231
I figure theres no real big differences in waiting.
>>
>>17513230
Fair point but I do not want to invest in a property when I'm not certain I want to stay in my current area for a long time.
>>
>>17513203

Fun cars for what they are.

Just beware of the ringland failures that can happen around 40k. It's real hit or miss with these things

Just keep it stock till your warranty falls off and you should be ok
>>
absolutely not. if you're under the age of 35 and spending more than 3k on a car, you're a moron
>>
>>17513320
I have no plans to do any aftermarket performance mods. I'm looking for a reliable car for the next 5 or so years. The power + AWD is a definite plus since It snows a decent amount in the winter here. Otherwise I'd just stick with my 13 Focus Hatchback.
>>
>>17513398

Should be ok then.

Just keep up with oil changes and checking oil levels and you should be good to go.
>>
>>17513203
I have a hard time believing that you can have $1,500 leftover after living expenses on a $50k yearly salary. I used to make $50k yearly and with a $800/month car payment, I used to only net $500 a month. Unless you live in a place where a new car will be stolen, I doubt that your expenses net you that much. I can tell you that having such a huge car payment will not be fun at that low of an income. Try finding a used WRX.
>>
>>17513211
This
>>
>IT worker
>WRX

like fucking clockwork.
>>
>>17513222
>>17513235
I work in IT but I'm getting a GTR. I however make over 100k a year.
>>
>>17513438
I understand where you're coming from. I'm also aware that 50k is not a lot of income. I'm in a bit of a unique situation though. I live with 2 roomates and my girlfriend. My rent + utilities only come out to about $400 per month. Even though I pay all my bills myself, my girlfriend comes from a wealthy family. She helps a lot of food and other random expenses.
>>
>>17513396
spotted the poorfag
>>
>>17513203
buy it slightly used you nigger

>>17513320
fa20 doesn't have ringland issues you nigger
>>
>>17513203
i make 100k a year and even i can't afford that after 401k contributions and health insurance.
>>
>>17513286

Big difference between cash and a depreciating liability that you don't own while giving the bank free money in an attempt to have a lifestyle that you can't currently afford.
>>
do you vape
>>
>>17513505
I thought I was going to be making $60k yearly and living with my soon to be fiancé when I took out a $37k 4 year loan. Six months later, I was making $50k, living on my own and netting $500 a month with no 401k contributions. I don't want to scare you but shit happens. Signing a loan with so many expense variables has the potential for disaster. I think that $28k is a low enough loan to not bankrupt you in the event of catastrophe, but you'd be living pay to paycheck for the remainder of the loan. Since you already have a decent daily driver, I'd recommend a cheaper fun car that you pay with cash assuming you have room to park it.
>>
>>17513572
On the daily friendo.
>>
>>17513578
I appreciate the well worded reply. Quality points. I totally get that shit doesn't always go as planned. Its a big decision for sure.
>>
On another note. Have any of you been in a similar scenario and it work out alright?
>>
Don't let lifestyle creep mess up your future finances. I would wait if I were you.
>>
20/[10%]/4

20% down payment, no more than 10% of before tax income per year, with a term not to exceed 4 years

so this means, you could buy a $20K car with a $4k down payment and no one could really think less of you for it.

OP, any deviation from this rule of thumb becomes a "i live to drive" decision.
>>
When i made 50k i bought a car for 13000. i suppose if you had enough socked away for a down payment it could offset it but if i were you id buy used
>>
>>17513604
>lifestyle creep
>Just wait til you're 90 to enjoy anything anon! You wouldn't want to mess up your finances :)

spotted the poorfag who uses excuses like this to get through life
>>
>>17513590
>>17513599
If it's any consolation, I make $75k a year in the automotive industry now and I have enough money to pay off the $37k loan exactly one year from the day I took it. Ignoring the trainwreck of my work schedule and work/life balance, I'd be considered more than well off now.
>>
>>17513203
>>17513222
Because IT guys driving WRX was cool.... 15 years ago. Now all the cool IT guys drive i3s and 135s
>>
>>17513222

weabo faggots with their waifu shit, everything has to be from grorious nippon
>>
>>17513657

Apparently your coworkers decide everything that's in vogue in the automotive world. Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to have a laugh as I pull into work tomorrow and see exactly ZERO 135s.
>>
>>17513302
There is nothing wrong with that, don't listen to these neets who refuse to move 7 miles from they're moms house. If you want to move it's a lot easier to pack up a etc and go then to pack up a house and go
>>
>>17513610

I second this. Keep your loan to 10% of your gross income if you want to get ahead in life. I also agree that you can go over this rule, but you must literally live life a quarter mile at a time for it to be worthwhile. No other expensive hobbies, no $100 down on alcohol every weekend, etc.
>>
I'm in a similar situation. I'll be making probably 40k net to me and I need a reliable car, but I don't have anything for a down payment unless I manage to sell my current car first. Want something decent, but don't want to be broke.
>>
File: elantrasport.png (3MB, 1336x1002px) Image search: [Google]
elantrasport.png
3MB, 1336x1002px
i think you should check out the elantra sport. cheap as shit right now. great little car. love mine.
>>
>>17513873
hyundai shill pls go
>>
>>17513863
No bank will give you a loan if you have no credit and no down payment unless you want LPG tier financing. You can easily buy a $10k Japanese shitbox with 100k miles and save up a year and sell the now $9k shitbox and get $20k shitbox. Buying a depreciating asset is a horrible idea unless you are willing to own the vehicle for at least 10 years.
>>
>>17513302

Don't buy a house unless you plan on living somewhere for at least 5 years, and it's a terrible time to buy now, prices are way inflated - wait for the next crash and scoop up a house cheap.
>>
>>17513223
>>17513230
>be today's day and age
>people having to live with their parents into their late 20s due to economy, housing prices, salaries, etc
>no matter what 4chan board you go on, you're expected to be making 100k a year and even taking out a huge mortgage on a house you'll be stuck in for decades before you're even 25 years old

amazing really
>>
>>17513943

I've had a credit card for 6 years with a 3k limit, paid it off in full a few times. Got preapproved for a 10k line of credit with no job. So I think my credit is decent? I really just need something more reliable than my current shitbox.
>>
>>17514013
Assuming you have a job, you could take out a short term/interest loan on a $10k car that will be plenty reliable enough for you to save up for a year to give you enough money for a good vehicle. Financing a new shitbox is a waste of money. A brand new 2017 Camry will not be $20k better than a 2007 Camry.
>>
>>17513203

Yeah, you're more than fine if that's the state if your finances. $1,500 for savings and spending money is pretty good.

I mean, it's never FINANCIALLY BAD to pinch every penny and put as much as humanly possible towards retirement and investment vehicles - but at some point you have to make a decision about what you actually value in life and what you want to do.

If your whole goal in life is to hoard as much money as possible and that brings you great joy - hey, more power to you. On the other hand, if there are things you would like to do or have then it's not wrong to spend your money on that either - provided that you're doing that responsibly and not spending yourself into the poorhouse.

>>17513222

Because it makes the most practical sense for someone who wants a performance vehicle, but also needs a usable daily.

If we're talking about new vehicles only and your coworkers want to buy new, what the fuck else are they going to buy for under $30,000?

A V6 Accord starts at the same price as a Limited WRX, same with a Camry. Even then while both of them are quick in their own right, they're naturally aspirated so they don't have that kick down low that makes the WRX feel faster than it is. Plus they're FWD vs. AWD and they're much more boaty feeling commuter cars.

The GT86 cars are more fun to drive but again less practical and not as fun on a day to day basis. Miata even less practical. Mustang, Camaro, Challenger... all 2 doors and less practical in a major way. Focus ST? FWD. Fiesta ST? Ok, it's a fun car and cheaper, but also FWD and lacking in space and power. GTI? Even if you ignore the fact that it's a goddamned Volkswagen it's a much softer and more comfort-oriented car. And FWD.

Like if it's going to be your car with which you can do everything in all weather and even achieve decent mileage on the freeway... what else are you going to get?

It's the 3-series of today - a serious, practical, affordable sports sedan for the everyman.
>>
>>17513438

>>$800/mo car payment

What the actual fuck? Did you finance a brand new 335i like a moron or something?
>>
>>17514156
I like you.
>>
>>17513570

And yet you were saying to spend $30k CASH on a CAR? Sit down, you wannabe.
>>
That flat out isn't enough for a new WRX. Your budget, with that income, should be $12k, max.
>>
>>17513503
you're dumb as shit then...100k/year is not enough you absolute lemon
>>
>>17514156
>what else are you going to get?
2018 Supra
>>
Shit. I'm making less than 35k a year (e3 with bah) and I easily afford a 2017 tacoma, rent, and all that stuff. After every bill is paid for, I have 1300-1500 a month for food/gas/entertainment.

I'm getting married, and im looking at going to buy a project car tomorrow.

Granted im not putting anything into retirement right now.
>>
>>17514182
Well, to be honest. My girlfriend would help me put down 5k as a down payment.
>>
>>17514199
>Granted im not putting anything into retirement right now.

>not stuffing the TSP full

you stupid kid. you stupid, stupid kid...
>>
>>17513578
did she cheat on you?
>>
>>17514168
The equivalent of a 2 year old CPO 540i on a 4 year 0.9% APR loan. That's why I gave the advice to the OP to re-evaluate his decision since I made a mistake that nearly ended in disaster. That being said, it worked out in my favor being that I have a cool car now without going bankrupt. Though I'd have enough for a 20% down payment on a $250k house if I didn't get a newer luxury car.
>>
>>17513203
What's the total cost of your loan going to be? 35k?

Why not buy an old WRX and build it up. for 20k you have an absolute monster of a car.
>>
>>17514209

OK look, it is a bit unreasonable to expect someone making $35k to sock away $12,500 a year into retirement plans (or whatever it is for thrift savings plans, I assumed it's a similar cap). Even if we're talking about $35,000 net, that's nothing left over for cash savings or a rainy day fund or a college fund or anything else.
>>
>>17514156
The mustang is in a similar boat when it comes to a RWD coupe with decent power, and is relatively affordable

The FRZ could easily steal this if they literally just put a small turbo into an STi FRZ instead of giving you nothing but a shitty lip kit
But I remember an anon said that if they did that it would just make the WRX's redundant, and it makes me sad as he'll that they probably will never make a turbo version
>>
>>17514229
I beleive around 31k. 5k down payment. Probably pay around $425 monthly.
>>
File: lmaoing.jpg (54KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoing.jpg
54KB, 450x472px
>>17513203

>buying a new vehicle off the lot
>buying a vape mobile
>buying a 4 clyinder 250hp (250ft lbs of torque at 5000rpm lmao) """sports""" car that has the same specs as a shitty 5k van

>mfw
>>
>>17514209
I'm getting out in 4 years and im focusing on paying my student loans.
>>
>>17514248
>4 clyinder
>same specs as a shitty 5k van
are all busriders this retarded?
>>
>Buying/financing a NEW car before a house

Nigger no don't do that
>>
>>17514229

Yeah, until you buy your 2nd engine block.

EJ25 is a frankenstein N/A-only engine that scares the piss out of me. There's so much voodoo and bro-science out there about how to NOT blow it up that it's a meme even among the Subaru fanatics now. Don't get me wrong, that low rumble with aftermarket exhausts sounds nice as hell, but building and modding an EJ25 STI or WRX might as well be throwing money down a hole - especially since FA20 WRX's are going to be more and more common and less and less people are going to want to buy used parts off you once you're done.

>>17514217

I guess I didn't know it was a 4 year. Even so, the math in my head was ~$450 or so for a 32k car with 6k down at 1.9% over 5 years.... so I was imagining a $800 payment would be for like a $55-60k car.
>>
>>17514231
embrace the suck now.

don't rent. buy the shittiest, cheapest house your VA loan can get you. live like a pauper. eat at the fuckin' galley. cram as much you can into the a retirement account. if you do these things your first enlistment (4-5 years im assuming) your comfortable retirement is all but assured.

t. the ghost of milfag future
>>
>>17513975
>wait for the next crash
So, never basically. Or WW3. When the next crash happens it will be another recession
>>
>>17514210
Unfortunately I found out that sometimes the stupid 10 gf red flags image macros spammed on /pol/ can be true. She met numerous conditions on it but the one that got me the most was the if a girl is wanting you to rescue her from another man, she'll do that again. I made the mistake that she wouldn't go behind my back with her ex. The worst part was her blaming me for everything since her parents convinced her that I was the problem. At least I wasn't married and I am now in a somewhat respectable career path. That's why I recommend always planning for the worst financial case possible since things out of your control can go wrong.
>>
>>17513636
>spotted the guy who will have a retirement that he can live on instead of hoping the government and family will support him through death
>>
>>17514242

I'm pretty sure that BRZ vs WRX thing is just some shit some guys made up and then everybody started repeating it because it sounded good. They could've easily made a BRZ STI with 250hp or some shit and sold it for $35k and no one would've batted an eye.

People still would've bought WRX's - it's an iconic car and, most importantly, it's Subaru AWD and 4 doors. It's the car that Polish dudes in Wisconsin buy when they've got a fiance, a dog, and maybe a baby in the near future, but they still want to have a cool car and drive up the slopes when ski/snowboarding season hits.

Plus, the BRZ STI would've been the same price as a base STI (so significantly more than a base WRX), but without the trick AWD system and, once again, 2 doors vs. 4 and coupe vs. muh rally car. Plus the STI still would've had a good 60HP advantage.

The real reasons:

1. Toyota hadn't had a 4cyl turbo in FOREVER and weren't read for one at the time so they weren't going to be the ones to fund the research on a one-off engine that they're never going to use elsewhere

2. Subaru doesn't make low-slung sports coupes. Not even the 2 door Imprezas were anything like that. They weren't going to spend the money to plan a whole new line of cars that didn't REALLY fit the brand just for an experiment.
>>
>>17513570
gotta build that credit to get a good rate on a mortgage
>>
>>17514209
>save up tons of money today
>choke to death on dinner tomorrow
>>
>>17514242

I think the Mustang is in a slightly different boat, and it relates only to the GT trim. It's the cheapest V8 you can get new with the biggest HP number. The Challenger R/T gets "only" 375hp from the Hemi and the Camaro SS is fuck-expensive now.
>>
>>17514284
>spotted the 60 year old corvette owner
ftfy
>>
Jesus Christ you people are salty as fuck. So much projecting in the thread. OP buy the damn car if you want it. Don't let some bitter 4chan faggots tell you what to do with your money.
>>
File: 20170212_102826.jpg (396KB, 1525x858px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_102826.jpg
396KB, 1525x858px
Save up a little longer for a bigger down payment and get an STI instead.

That what I did and I regret nothing.

Also go pure red. It's best.
>>
>>17514355
Also I suggest trying to find a base 2017. You can probably negotiate down to ~25k. I bought my '17 in February for 26k even. Don't be afraid to give them a price and stick to it. Also if you didn't specifically ask for any custom options don't pay for it, and don't pay for the "delivery" either. Good luck.
>>
>>17514368
15+ STI's wear red and black nicely
>>
>>17513396
Yeah, I totally want to drive shitboxes until I'm almost 40. Great fucking idea.
>>
File: DBBWrZ9W0AAK18a.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DBBWrZ9W0AAK18a.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>17514267
The funding excuse for turbo systems for an "experiment" might have flied when the FRZ 1st came out and no one knew that ppl would like them and want them

but it's been proven already that ppl like FRZ's but need more low end power and eventually ppl are gonna find something like a 6th gen mustang to get that power in a coupe, if the mustang had handling similar to the FRZ and didn't have the Ford badge it would already be the god machine that /o/ has wanted.
>>
>>17514380
>mfw people make fun of me for enjoying shitboxes at 35
>>
>>17514380
Would you rather live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood or have a cool car in an apartment? You can find plenty of fun cars for cheap but you won't find good houses in desirable locations for cheap.
>>
>>17514374

What this guy said. The biggest thing about buying a car is learning to negotiate and be firm. Don't pay for all the BS they add on.

I negotiated the shit out of my '16 STI Limited for 38.3k. When I got there they had it marked up a few thousand around 43k.
>>
>>17513231
The time value of money
>>
>>17513565
Stop living above your means, moron!
>>
>>17514391
Not OP but in a similar boat and make slightly more. I plan on going through an apprenticeship and getting the fuck out of the state in 4 years. I'll stick to renting and not have to deal with any maintainence, lawn care, taxes, etc. And have as much space as I need cheaper than buying a house. Sometimes it's better to rent and if young single people want to have fun with their money let them. You sound like every bitter young person with kids I know.
>>
>>17514267
>EJ25
You mean EJ20?
>>
>>17514428
>Renting
>have as much space as I need
>cheaper than buying a house.

I lol'd heartily at this.
>>
>>17514391
I work in $2m+ big ass houses all day and really don't get the point of them. You shouldn't have nice cars without a garage though.
>>
>>17514382
>it would already be the god machine that /o/ has wanted.
the 86 was the god machine /o/ asked for, check any archive for before the 86 existed and people are practically writing the marketing material for it directly into /o/ posts, nobody hated on it then, before it existed. The reason you see people hating on the 86 is because /o/ is a clusterfuck of retards who just want an excuse to argue and whine.
>>
>>17514258

Pop on craigslist and you can find plenty of commuter cars and vans with 300hp
>>
>>17513975
>wait for the next crash and scoop up a house cheap.
If OP lives in the city then this wont happen. For an example, Washington DC pretty much laughed off the 2007-08 housing crisis.

>>17514380
My current car is a Scion xb, However I make 95k and own my own house. Any new car I get ,I'm buying outright or with a substantial down payment.

Seriously, fuck having a high car note.
>>
>>17514458
I'll be laughing heartily when your furnace goes bad and you gotta mow the grass before it rains after work while I'm relaxing in my luxury condo not worrying about shit.
>>
>>17514494
>Oh know if I don't mow the lawn today something bad could happen I guess??

Better than paying someone else's mortgage and spending more money on rent than I would a house with land :^)
>>
>>17514494
>condo
i need at least 2 acres for my shitbox collection
>>
>>17514507
>Every community and housing market is exactly the same as where I live
Jesus Christ no wonder you're sitting on 4chan giving financial advice. You should write a book.
>>
>>17514494
>condo

>1 parking space garage (if you're lucky)
>can't have a sound system in house
>a tiny patio or deck is all you have outside

How awful
>>
>>17514528
Better than paying 9 grand a year on taxes on top of a mortgage for a temporary housing situation.
>>
>>17514518
Show me where renting is actually cheaper than buying a house
>>
>>17513224
>10% of income savings per moth

Why not aim for financial freedom?

https://networthify.com/calculator/earlyretirement?income=50000&initialBalance=20000&expenses=20000&annualPct=5&withdrawalRate=4
>>
>>17514540
wtf, everrywhere?......what shithole do you live in?? I'm in the nyc metro area, if you want a house that's in liveable condition and not in THE HOOD its minimum 300k.

you can rent in a perfectly town all expenses for about a grand a month
>>
>>17514317
toyota could make a TRD version with a supercharger though, hell a supercharger is the most popular aftermarket way to add power to the 86
>>
File: pepe bored.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe bored.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>17513211

>b-but I have one of those "IT jobs" that pays $50K a year to an unskilled fresh-out-of-college 24 year old!
>i c-cant afford it!
>n-no seriously /o/ give me advise on my silly narrative!

>>17513222

You know people are full of shit when they tell you they work in IT and quote some silly salary for their age/job/skills/education. "IT job" is a byword for "I live with mumma".

The "IT" market is so flooded with people right now you'd be lucky to turn $35K a year with any company - IT workers are a dime a dozen, a computer science degree doesn't mean shit anymore.

inb4 jelly mad busrider etc. not really, just tired of seeing this stupid threads every 3 days
>>
>>17514561
So 600 sq/feet? lol

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Fridley-MN/house_type/1506843_zpid/31666_rid/250000-400000_price/936-1497_mp/45.126593,-93.187666,45.03338,-93.335639_rect/12_zm/1_fr/

30 seconds in a town 20 minutes from me. You will never get anything close to this while renting without paying more.
>>
File: 1418928700913.jpg (26KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1418928700913.jpg
26KB, 500x284px
>>17514528
This is why I didn't buy a condo i was looking at.
Couldn't have people over at night without potential po-lize complaints about noise.
Parking sucks.
Shared garages aka stolen shit if its left out and dented cars from neighbors shit boxes.
tiny patio is shit and you can see your neighbors
>>
It would take you over 20 years to pay that off. No one is advocating renting for 20 years. Not to mention that is the cost of the mortgage only, there are TONS more costs of actually owning a house like literally every bill to pay and property taxes
>what shithole do you live in
>MN
Oh.
>>
>>17513651
What do you do in the automotive industry if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>17514603
You can enjoy your small apartment all you want. I'll be living comfy
>>
>>17514614
Be the biggest oxymoron in terms of automotive memes.
>>
>>17514391
not op, but I honestly would rather have a nice car, as long as my house has a garage it'll be enough
>>
Go for it if your housing and job situations are stable op. But if there's a chance you can lose your job or something with very short notice, as happens a lot in the private tech industry, then don't. Friend of mine was in the same position you are, he got it and 6 months later was laid off. Had to give up the car and it was an all around really shitty situation for him

Otherwise, you're in solid financial shape. Considering that you would still have 1500/month leftover, even while paying for the WRX you would be doing better than probably most of /o/
>>
>>17514191
Jellyfag spotted.
>>
>>17513222
Just got a job in IT
I have a wrx
>>
>>17513320
Its a fucking fa20 you fucking parrot. No ringland ya dummy
>>
>>17514582
This. And unfortunately, even skilled developers aren't in demand as open source has ruined it for the actual talented.

God forbid you're in web development or some other super over saturated market.

Reminds me of my first freelance job.
>Be 18, just graduated
>Friend works for a small embroidery company; boss of his wants to automate some of the tedious work
>Write a program to organize files for him as requested, literally took minutes
>Asks if I'll build him a company website with substantial functionality
>Tell him I'm capable of the functionality but I'm a terrible designer; him and my friend draw a template on paper and have me build the website exactly as drawn
>Nearly done with the project, looks exactly as drawn and all the functionality works
>Some guy in his mid 20s walks in, asks for me
>Tells me he's here to take the project over, then explains he'll also be maintaining the website and updating it
>Pulls his laptop out and then proceeds to open Dreamweaver
>Get him situated and collect my other half of the fee
>Couple months pass and my buddy calls me saying his boss wants me to talk to him
>Stop in, dude is steaming
>Wants to know why I wrote the website so it's incompatible with the people has he hired
>Explain to him and some other website guy all my code is well commented and very modular
>He's furious at this point, doesn't understand anything
>Guy sitting next to him says I used some obsolete programming languages
>Tell them it's php and MySQL using the c++ Boost library to communicate, layout is HTML and css
>Hear a lecture about how he's hired numerous guys and none of them can work on the website
>Explain to him it's not just a design with what he requested and he may as well just spend $10 on a template and Joomla instead of wasting money hiring incompetent script kiddies

Long story short, ended up telling him if I'm to touch the website again I now want double the original set fee before I'll touch it. He took the website.
>>
I don't see why not. But you'll be a whole lot happier without a car note, trust me. I personally would wait until I could afford something nicer though.
>>
>>17513610
Interesting, I'm looking at financing a Mazda 3 SP25. I earn 65k (australia before anyone interjects with retarded pricing) and was going to put a 6k down out of the ~30k car and finance with the intention to balloon payment a year or two through.
>>
>>17513873
Cousin has a 2015 and it's anemic as fuck. My damn jeep is faster off the line.
>>
>>17513203
if it will have everything under warranty get it. Otherwise you will get rekt by maintenance. Replacement brake system costs more than the one on an m3 (if wea re talking wrx STi)
>>
>Be 23, Working Mediocre finance job
>Make 45k Annually straya
>don't know what to buy
>don't have any rent, only small bills like phone
>what should I get?
>>
You're a fucking idiot if you buy that
>>
>>17513203
Buy a classic WRX and take good care of it, it'll be more fun then a modern WRX and show that you actually have taste.
>>
>>17513491
>Be in a profession where it requires understanding of engineering and physics
>Buy a wrx due to its great AWD system
Network Security here thinking about a wrx.
>>
>>17515547
Same
Nuclear chemist and I want one of these they come with brembo brakes now
>>
IT guy from France, here we have the chance to have the old GC8 with turbo and I have one.

But yeah, don't buy the last wrx, buy a well maintened old STI or WRX and enjoy

>Pic related is my GT Turbo
>>
>>17513222
i thought tesla's where thr /g/ car
>>
File: IMG_0855.jpg (64KB, 595x398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0855.jpg
64KB, 595x398px
>4 cylinders in a +3000lb car
>>
>>17513224
>>17513203
Just do some hardcore saving for another year or two then you'll be in a lot better of a situation
>>
>>17513203
i call the police on every wrx i see
>>
nobody likes "IT job" fags
nobody likes wrx drivers
>>
>>17515843
Civics and accords are over 3k lbs
>>
>>17514191
>being this poor and mad about it
It's called saving. You think I'm financing a 100k car? I mean I could but that's just silly.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (60KB, 882x432px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
60KB, 882x432px
>>17513873
I'm going to get the 2018 GT as my new daily.
>heated and vented seats
>phone based remote start and HVAC controls
>adaptive cruise control with stop/start
>lane keep assist
>yuropoor sytling
I can't find any car with all those features for a cheaper price
>>
>23, working as a research associate at a biotech
>48k/yr
>Never any loans, just have a credit card which I pay off every month
>Putting 10% into a 401k with no match(super gay)

I'm renting a four bedroom with my friends, ends up being ~600 per month. I live in San Diego and I want to stay because there are a lot of job opportunities in my field and I want to move into pharma development. But I really don't see myself being able to afford a house here, even when I start making more money. Any general advice?
>>
>>17515992
That rent isn't bad, but I'd look for a job that does some sort of match at least.

The best part about buying a house is that the mortgage interest tax credit is fucking amazing and it scales up when you make more. My mortgage is $900 a month and I get an extra $300 every month simply from that tax credit which makes it only really $600 a month.

How much are "cheap" houses where you live?
>>
OP HERE:
Made an appointment with the dealership today. Going to compare lease and financing price. Wish me luck boyos. Thanks for all the advice.
>>
>>17513203
Make your own decisions once in your life you man child
>>
>>17516089
Don't lease you idiot
>>
>>17516107
Alright, why not?
>>
>>17516248

You don't lease unless it's a business expense or you like throwing away money.
>>
>>17514535
Where the fuck do you live where property taxes are that high?
>>
>>17516331
NJ maybe, $9k is pretty average there. Part of why I moved from NJ to PA
>>
>>17513203
You don't buy a $28k car if you're renting
>>
>>17514535
If property taxes are $9k you need to move

I pay $1200/year on 5 acres and a 2000 sqft house near RTP
>>
>>17516499
You don't buy a house when you're 24, constantly advancing in your career and will probably be changing work locations many times in the next 5+ years. I mean sure, nothing makes more sense than tacking on another 30k when you're already 200k in the hole from a mortgage.
>>
>>17516724
>You don't buy a house when you're 24, constantly advancing in your career and will probably be changing work locations many times in the next 5+ years.
Why not? I bought my house at 25, and I've been working for the same company since I graduated. Sure, don't buy if you plan on making a career change, but it makes a lot of sense if you're staying in the same area for +5 years.
>>
>>17513550
Top kek id never finance a slightly used car. First of all the rate is wayyy higher they dont give you too many years to pay off and its just retarded. I went in to gm to buy a 2014 silverado loaded for 37k a 7 percent financing and walked out with a brand new sierra just as loaded for 42k at 0 percent kek
>>
>>17513203
just get it but save for a downpayment first
>>
>>17517602
>First of all the rate is wayyy higher
Not true.
>they dont give you too many years to pay off
Also not true.

Were you financing through the dealer? And how is your credit? I just bought a used 2015 and could have financed it for 84 months if I wanted to, and at the same rate as a new car using the same creditor. The advantage of financing a new car over used is when the dealer has incentives or promotions, like the 0% offers that pop up sometimes. But I don't see how you would have qualified for something like that if you're getting rates as high as 7% on a slightly used car.
>>
>26 year old college grad, already paid off student loans
>make 65k as a service advisor
>free healthcare, 5 weeks off a year (sick days, vacation, paid holidays, etc), matching 401k.

-I put 12% of my check in 401k
-buying a townhome in a pretty nice area of town.
-Bought an 2016 Acura tlx v6 tech package $450 domlar car payment
-still save a bit in my personal savings every month

How am I doing senpai?
>>
>>17517863
> 2016 Acura TLX
I hope you are keeping that new shitbox for at least 10 years. Other than that, you're going to make it.
>>
>>17516248
>>17516089
You pay more for a lease than any of the options compared to buying outright and financing.
>>
>>17513203
The WRX is literally the best AWD Turbo Manual car for under 30k
>>
>>17517995
There is math online that shows that the break even point between leasing and financing is 5 years. If you keep a vehicle longer than 5 years it's cheaper to finance. If you constantly get a new car, it's cheaper to lease. Though it should be pretty obvious that buying a new car and eating all the depreciation when selling it is a bad financial decision.
>>
>>17517981
Probably closer to 6 or 7. I'll probably upgrade to the advanced package at some point
>>
>>17518025
I like WRXs, but that isn't saying much, considering there's almost no competition at that price range. Subaru has the affordable AWD turbo thing locked down.
>>
File: my98-type-r-v-limited1.jpg (67KB, 764x459px) Image search: [Google]
my98-type-r-v-limited1.jpg
67KB, 764x459px
>>17515629
Nice car bruh.
I fucking love GC8's.
>>
Never buy a new car. It halves in value when you leave the showroom

Just get a 3 year old model which will be just as fast but for half the money.
Do something good with the money you save
>>
>>17518122
There actually are a lot of other AWD sedans but they aren't manual

Lexus has their IS250 and 300 but they only come in auto
>>
>>17513505
>50k a year
>lives with THREE OTHER PEOPLE
>thinks buying a brand new car is a good idea

You're a fucking retard
>>
>>17515413
Bump
>>
>>17515064
>as open source has ruined it for the actually talented
You have no idea what you are talking about, and I have an enterprise job.

>>17514582
Untrue post you have no fucking idea what you are talking about either. Entry level CS positions are hard as fuck to land right now, but if you have any experience your linkedin will be blown the fuck up and people are clamoring for experience for all sorts of CS related positions.
>>
>>17518228
>these unrelated facets means you shouldn't buy a new car
>>
>>17518297
>makes shit money
>has no property
>looking at buying a car with a high note
>THESE THINGS R UNRELATED

You're a fucking retard. And you idiots wonder why you're always poor.

LEARN TO MANAGE MONEY YOU DUMB FUCKS
>>
>>17518359
>>makes shit money
50 isn't really shit money for being single
>has no property
what does property have to do with buying a car?
>with a high note
?
>these are unrelated
they are

>You're poor for making 50k a year
>>
>>17518359
Seems like he's managing his money well
>>
>>17518359
>LEARN TO MANAGE MONEY YOU DUMB FUCKS
I make more than you.
>>
Financing a new car with an entry level salary is why you are poor. Also you can lose your job and be completely fucked.

At least buy a fucking used subie if you are going to buy a car out of your price range.
>>
>>17518406
>entry salary
so if I was a brand new CEO as of yesterday I shouldn't buy a new car because my salary is new?

>you're poor
50k isn't poor at all.
>>
>>17513505
Lmao you are a fucking retard OP. In 5 years you wont have shiy because your roof was rented and your wheels leased.
>>
>>17518379
>high note?
Relatively high payments for only making 50k a year

>50k is decent
Maybe if you live in rural Ohio

>what does no property have to do with a car
Everything. Property is the No.1 thing you should acquire and pay off in full. If you don't own land and your house sitting on it you're a deadbeat idiot.

>>17518389
Not really. He's looking st wasting money on a outdated meme car instead of investments.

>>17518394
No, you don't. And you could make 200k but it means nothing if you don't know how to manage it.

Investments, land, housing, savings. These are priories.

A depreciating shitbucket is not.

Ignore me all you want, you'll realize your mistakes when you grow up.
>>
>>17518379
>>17518394
>>17518418
People are trying to give you advice (that you asked for) and you're just deflecting and spitting your dummy out.

You are not in a position to buy a moderately expensive new car, in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>17518447
>Relatively high payments for only making 50k a year
You really think a down payment isn't apart of the deal? You really think he wouldn't walk in with any sort of down payment when hes saving over 1000 dollars a month?

>maybe if you live in rural ohio
sup NYC/metropolitan fag I'm sure you're still poor making 130k

>hes wasting money on a meme car
what the fuck does this even mean? NOTHING

>investments
12% into a 401k seems like a good investment for his age atm.
>>
Op you are living a meme. 50k is nothing. Most of /o/ are at 75k. Automotive hobby is expensive. If you want to discuss of financial planning with other poorfags I recommend /biz/ or /pol/
>>
>>17518459
>you're deflecting
I'm deflecting by not buying into irrelevant reasons?

>27k
>moderately expensive
yea if he put down 10k his payments would only be like 250 a month
>>
>>17513203
Don't forget if your in California the car registration is going to quadruple this January so that will be like $1000 a year to register.
>>
>>17518447
People like you are the worst. /o/ is for cars, of course people here will prioritize them over other discretionary expenses. You need to be smart with your money, but you can't skip out on the things your enjoy either. What OP is looking to spend can be managed easily by anyone with a normal job. Get over yourself.
>>
>>17518473

>Most of /o/ are at 75k.
Yeah, okay
>>
>>17518447
>meme car
When you can't come up with any reason why a car is bad so you call it a meme
>>
>>17518502
It's an unreliable engine with cardboard seats. Memester will defend this.
>>
>>17518562
>unreliable engine
unfounded, the FA20 is reknown for its reliability
>cardboard seats
unfounded memes
>memesters will defend this
your shitty post?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-194812.jpg (168KB, 1071x1313px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-194812.jpg
168KB, 1071x1313px
>>17515954
Personally i prefer the remote
>>
>>17518475
this, i bought a CPO civic si when I was 20 y.o only financed 9k and paid it off in ~3.5 years at like 250 a month. Just save for a few months and get it at the end of the year for less.
>>
>>17518572
>subarutards unironically believe this
>>
>>17518785
Can you post some proof then?
>>
>>17516724
>constantly advancing in your career and will probably be changing work locations many times in the next 5+ years

>Working at a place that doesn't promote from within

kek. I started at 8.50/hour and now I'm making 35/hour
>>
>>17518251
This. You only won't get hired with a CS degree if you go to a shit college, and even then you still have a shot once you get even a little experience. There are a ton of developers but most are complete shit. IT is another story. IT is dying fast.
>>
>>17518922
How long have you been working there?

Unless you work at a unicorn, the salary bump you get for staying at one company isnt ever going to be as substantial as the bump you'd get for joining another one.

(This is the case with tech companies, at least)
>>
>>17518943
UPS for 10 years

Started as a grunt loading trailers. Now I'm a delivery driver
>>
>>17513503
I make just a bit over 100k and I drive a used fiesta st. Paid cash for it.
>>
>>17513203

No, dude.
>>
>>17514582
>The "IT" market is so flooded with people right now you'd be lucky to turn $35K a year with any company - IT workers are a dime a dozen, a computer science degree doesn't mean shit anymore.
where the fuck are you? If you have CS, or experience, and know java or shit.net you can get a job pretty easy making at least 60k a year.
>>
>>17518984
The only people who claim otherwise are those who are trying to convince themselves it was OK they didn't finish their CS degree
>>
>>17518997
The didn't finish my cs degree and making 70k/yr doing IT shit
>>
>>17519016
>The
Tfw* fucking autocorrect
>>
>>17513203
Just bought an 18 base. Fucking. Do it.
>>
>>17513873
>Shilling a slow, boring, ugly Hyundai in a thread about a WRX.

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>17519074
(OP) Bought it today after work. 5k downpayment.
>>
>>17519530
post pics faggot.
>>
>>17514582
> t. Buttblasted cuck with business degree
>>
>Be 26, Working Decent IT Job
>Make 120k Annually
>Considered 2017 Subaru WRX
>Considered 2017 Civic Type R
>Considered 2017 BRZ/86
>Just bought a used FRS (PAID IN CASH)
>Have roughly $4,500 left over after rent, car insurance, and all other bills each month
>Saving to purchase real estate + Nissan GTR
>noregerts.jpg
>>
>>17519732
Why do you feel the need to lie?
>>
>>17519732

Wow, your BRZ is real nice.
>>
>>17519739
No lie brother. Work hard.

>>17519767
Not mine. I keep mine mostly stock; gotta save for the GTR lol
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.