[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

performance enhancement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: OktpiXz[1].png (993KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
OktpiXz[1].png
993KB, 1024x768px
hey /o/

you are given a complete stock roadster with an inline 4 engine doing slightly below 200HP, a 240kph/150mph topspeed thanks to a retardedly long 5th gear, manual obviously and a rather stiff suspension

what do you do and in which order, to get your ride ready for the racetrack? rule: "realistic" modding eg. no fucking 6L V8 engine swap (neither would it fit nor would the transmission survive it)

i thought something like this in order of most important to least:

1. tires
2. coilovers(?)
3. replace entire exhaust system
4. cold air intake
5. ECU reprogramming
6. ???

add to the list and swap things around

random unrelated miata because it is the first thing that comes up if you google roadsters
>>
sell and buy suv
>>
Tires and wheels
Chassis reinforcement
Brake pads and fluid
Coils and dampers

That's about it for me.
>>
>>17510930
shit i totally forgot about the brakes, would probably do that right after tires
>>
>>17510909
loose half the horsepower,
lower top speed to 180/115 thanks to ridiculous short 5th gear, keep it manual and loose a lot of stiffness.
I love my miata.
>>
>>17510909

1. Coilovers and camber adjustment kit simultaneously
2. Destroy existing tires acclimating self to new suspension
3. Tires and appropriate BOLT-ON spacers as necessary
4. Intake, Exhaust, ECU simultaneously
>>
File: thunderbolt_engine.jpg (604KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbolt_engine.jpg
604KB, 800x533px
>rule: "realistic" modding eg. no fucking 6L V8 engine swap (neither would it fit nor would the transmission survive it)

You do realize that LS swaps are super common with Miatas, right? In what world would you go through all the trouble of mating an engine like that to the factory transmission?
>>
File: Smug_c79fbb_5762907[1].jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_c79fbb_5762907[1].jpg
31KB, 640x360px
>>17510938
>>
>>17510975
i know it is doable but then you might as well just replace 90% of the car while doing an engine swap

i wasn't really aiming at a "how to improve your miata" thread, hence the higher basepower and long 5th gear capable of higher speeds in which case, i admit, a straight out engine swap would probably be the easiest way out
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.