[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Datsun 510

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2710.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2710.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /o/,

I have way too much money into this car with little to show for it, and I'm thinking my only chance to get rid of it and recoup some of my losses is to overhaul the exterior and swap in a better engine.

I'm looking for ideas for paint colors/styles, as well as engine swap ideas. I'm in CA, so any swap I do needs to be from a car sold in the US, newer than 1980, with smog equipment intact. My buddy proposed a 3SGE swap, but I think I'll have better luck with another Nissan motor and trans. I want to keep it RWD if possible.

Wat do?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-07-10 13.57.59.jpg (42KB, 853x205px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-07-10 13.57.59.jpg
42KB, 853x205px
>>17510783
VQ37VHR
>>
>>17510826
dank but 'spensive. What's the reputation of this engine and its manual tranny like?
>>
>>17511070

6-speed tranny, pretty standard (hehe)

In stock form the engine is great and can really be wrung out with no worries

gobs more torque than vq35

Sounds similar to VR38DETT without the turbo spool once it has been decatted

Probably not practical with a budget in mind but would modernize the shit out of your datsun
>>
>>17511100
Oh man, sounds like a dream. I guess it's an option, my job pays pretty well and this is going to have to be a longer-term project anyways. I guess my ideal middle ground would be a somewhat cheaper engine with decent performance. The car is light as fuck so it doesn't need much to get it going, and the engine bay is fuckhueg so there's a lot of possibilities to work with.
I have an SHO motor lying around so I'd throw that in, but going RWD would mean using a transmission with dumb gearing like a ranger tranny. Not the worst option, but half the appeal of the SHO is its retarded gearing.
>>
>>17511100
Also any thoughts on paint? The interior is black/grey, but I'm going to bondo/sand the horribly cracked dash and repaint it, along with reupholstered/replaced seats.

My buddy thought black hood, roof, and hatch would be nice with the existing blue-gray doors and fenders. As well, I want to paint the wheels but am unsure of what might go well with it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>17510783
Swap in a ka for around 3k unless u buy junk motor and fab all your own mounts and reuse stock radiator and electronics. Do a sr20det swap for around 6k.
>>
>>17511864
>ka24
What's so special about these engines?
>>
nigga I don't want to burst your bubble, but there is no way in hell you dumping hundreds/thousands of hours of labor into this fucker is going to save you money, let alone make you any. Sell it now, absorb the loss. You're going to spend THOUSANDS swapping an engine into it, and shitloads of time. Don't do it.

The only thing I'd suggest would be a cheap paint job, and getting rid of that fucking retarded VW badge.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.