[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motors????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: prel.jpg (24KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
prel.jpg
24KB, 500x334px
Sorry if this breaks the rules, but I need help with buying a car.

I'm looking at this '99 Prelude, and the guy says that there's a knocking sound coming from the motor. I cant for the life of me find anything about changing/buying a motor. Is a motor a part of the engine or? I know I can buy an entire prelude engine from my friends lot for $200, but is it even possible to just buy a motor? And if so, is it worth buying this car and replacing the motor?

LINK:
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/6211774345.html
>>
>>17510175
Sounds to me like you're buying a fucked up shell with some external speedy parts on it.

Which is no way sounds like a good buy, I'd look elsewhere.

If he won't even post a picture of the shell he's selling, it can't be worth it.

Unless you're a honda guy with spare b14 to build up, turbo charge, and put those headers and intake on, you're buying expensive scrap.
>>
>>17510184
>B14
Do you even know what you're talking about?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170524-100744_01.png (24KB, 136x138px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170524-100744_01.png
24KB, 136x138px
Nigga this is the worst bait ever posted in /o/, and you even got a (You) out of it. Well played.
To everybody else stop posting in this thread.
>>
>>17510191
no it's all honda jap shit.

whatever has vtec and is popular in shitcivics
>>
>>17510206

Lmao I'm being completely serious. I'm not very good with cars.

>>17510184

I mean it costs dirt, and repairing it would be dirt. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>17510206
Is this a new form of shitposting? Calling anons asking for help bait?
>>17510175
Motor and engine are interchangeable terms in the land of craigslist. The engine's fucked and you don't know a lot about cars, as others have said look elsewhere. What's your budget, preferred transmission, and preferred bodystyle?
>>
>>17510286
>costs dirt
Except you don't even know what you're getting, other than a beat to shit shell they wouldn't even post a picture of.

It's probably sitting on scraped up alloys, missing wheel studs, hasn't had it's brakes touched in 5 years, rust out the ass, 20x other small issues, and that's before we've even popped the hood to pull his abused speedy parts engine out of it, so that you can put your complete an assembled $200 engine from your friend in it.
>>
>>17510299

I have a friend who's very mechanically inclined, and he says that he can do all the work for me, and he's pretty convinced that its a good buy. He owns 3 dealerships and a recycling place so Im pretty sure he knows what he's doing. Plus I've wanted a prelude since I was like 15.

My budget is pretty low for now, probably just $1000-ish, which is pure beater budget, and Im just making due with that. The reason Im cool with getting this is because if I can spend $750 now and then more later to get it working, that's fine by me. Preludes usually sell for $3000-4000 here.

I can do auto or manual, it doesnt matter too much. As for body style, not sure exactly what you mean. If you mean like sedan/coupe, then those two.

>>17510314

I'm going to have above friend ^ check it before I decide to buy.
>>
>>17510333
Well if you have to rebuild that $200 engine your friend has, your bill for this car just doubled at the least.
>>
>>17510175
Here's a working one in your area for 500$ more on AutoTrader: http://m.autotrader.ca/a/19_10224983

A new engine install will cost you way more than 500$, so my advice is to look elsewhere.

If you're this clueless about cars, sellers are going to try and take you for a ride, so my advice is to look for a mechanic you can trust and take used cars to them for inspection.

Rule of thumb, project cars are ALWAYS more trouble than they're worth, unless you are shit out of luck. Buyba decent running machine instead.
>>
>>17510333

UPDATE: He sent me photos of the car with the VIN.
>>
>>17510343

I appreciate the search. I checked that one out. Abbotsford is near-ish, but it's like an hour drive from here, and I dont have a car right now so there's no way to transit to him. I would have definitely checked that one out.

Also, read this >>17510333
>>
>>17510358

Oh, also, not sure if it converted to your currency, but that one is $1300.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.