[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a thread to remember all the old cars we used to own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

This is a thread to remember all the old cars we used to own and love that fucking died on us.

Transmission died on pic related and at the time I didn't have the money to fix it, but that's no surprise on these fucking cars.

RIP ;_;7 F
>>
>>17506802
>missing a car that's a piece of shit
>>
File: 1983_Cadillac_Coupe_DeVille.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1983_Cadillac_Coupe_DeVille.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>17506802
I miss my white horse

>$800 for my first car my own money.
>Drove it from New Mexico to California.
>bestdriveofmylife.jpg
>mfw parents shit bricks.
>RIP transmission.
>hauled to Arizona to get it fixed cheap
>store at aunts house
>no money to fix trans
>6 months later aunt calls
>I gave the car to my boyfriends cousin
>couldn't do a damn thing without money
>parents agree with aunt
>feelsbad.jpg

purple hondaburu was my moms...
>>
>>17507612
So she just gave away your property without consulting you?
I know it's family and all, but fuck your aunt. And your parents. Rip.
>>
>>17507637
Yeah I don't talk to her anymore. It was 15 years ago. She married the guy and I think his family used it for parts since it had a dent on the rear right fender and the original bumper was damaged. I had spare clean bumper though.
>>
File: 546345654757.jpg (152KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
546345654757.jpg
152KB, 1200x800px
I don't have any pics of my old RX8, but I had to let her go back in 2010. I bought a 2006 RX8 back in 2007 from my buddy who was going off to join the marine corp. Sadly the car was an automatic and had so many fucking issues. Transmission finally took a shit in 2012 and I said fuck it. I never did have any problems with the rotary, I even used it as my DD. I don't get the rotary meme at all.
>>
>>17507717
I'm getting old and senile. I got rid of the RX8 in 2012.
>>
I had a right hand drive, 1st gen Rx-7 right-hand-drive Savanna. Wasn't original, as the turbo'd 12A had been replaced years before. It was clean, and otherwise stock. Three -piece MMC wheels, tight exhaust, and a folding rear seat.

The engine seized- right on cue- at 150k miles. On new years eve, Y2K. No tow trucks would tow without cash. Finally got it towed home and switched to my shop truck, and went to my folks place for NY eve.

FF a year or so. I meet a girl, get married , we buy a house, and now I don't have any money to put a motor in it. My mechanic wants a decision. So- I gave it away to a co-worker.

Later, my wife's real estate business plunges us into bankruptcy and not only is my right hand drive RX-7 gone, but so it the house I bought.

Never give up on your dreams kiddies.
>>
>>17507769
>my wife's real estate business plunges us into bankruptcy
Interesting. What happened exactly? Sucks either way man.
>>
>>17507906
2008 is what happened. The flip house project took too long to finish, the thing sold for less than it would have, had the market not tanked.

Process servers, phonecallsphonecallsphonecalls,lawsuits, reposession, walk-away, bankruptcy, B of A and Wells Fargo can go fuck themselves..

Bit of an aside: We were pretty sure we'd lose our primary residence in the process, so my wife got a great off on it. Wells Fargo wouldn't accept her phone calls or the offer. They ended up selling for about $100k LESS a year later.

So -word to the wise: there are risks. be aware of them, and thier consequences. I rode it out, and I'm grateful my wife and I are together still.

Oh, and fuckbofaandwellsfargocont: I got an apartment on the beach in the bargain. I can walk across the street to a nude beach.
>>
File: 1493402520845.png (246KB, 356x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493402520845.png
246KB, 356x364px
>>17507612
I'd murder somebody if they did that to my Caddie.
>>
>>17508441
>2008
Ironically this is when I bought my house. The market was flooded with bank owned houses, as I'm sure you know. Glad you got something you like. I'm not particularly fond of the house I'm in, but the market was just too good to pass up in 2008. The house purchase was more of an investment. If I sold now I would make almost 120k. I'm still debating selling it right now, it's a seller's market now. If I did sell I would have to get an apartment and wait for the market to die back down but fucking rent in an apartment is something like $1200 a month. It's like a double edged sword if I sold right now.
>>
File: 104_5325.jpg (63KB, 565x424px) Image search: [Google]
104_5325.jpg
63KB, 565x424px
>pic related was my first car i bought back in 2004
>5-speed GT V6
>added a shit ton of bolt on's and nitrous
>swapped 5 transmissions into it because lol glass transmission
>went to meets all over the east coast
>had so many good times in that car
>was my first trip over 140mph
>2008
>wire harness smoked all the grounds
>car also had frame damage on the front clip that was nigger-rigged back together
>had to junk it but not before pulling off all of the good spare parts and aftermarket

This story does have a happy ending though.
>>
File: 1137-5589.jpg (375KB, 1400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1137-5589.jpg
375KB, 1400x395px
>>17509310

.cont

>now have a good job and make lots of money
>be a week ago
>browsing Craigslist for a 2g Probe GT for shits and giggles
>pic related pops up
>o rly
>talk the owner down to 1000 dollars, double what I paid for the black one 10 years ago
>drive it home with no plate and open headers practically
>mom followed me home and kept the cops off my back
>find out it actually needs a LOT more work because it was neglected its whole life
>raid the parts bin left over from the black one
>use most of them to fix all the problems with this one
>bought new timing belt, water pump, timing belt tensioner, clutch master and slave cylinders
>kept the headers, test pipe and Greddy exhaust from the black one
>kept the speakers
>kept all the AC stuff, which this car needs done

The death of one begets the life of another, and I got most of the work done already and this white one here is a functioning car again.
>>
>>17508441
thats fuckin shit mate
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.