[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my wheel fitment so bad? Is there any way I can fix it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: honda.jpg (407KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
honda.jpg
407KB, 2048x1152px
Why is my wheel fitment so bad? Is there any way I can fix it besides lowering my car?
>>
Bigger wheels and tires, but i doubt you want a donk. So lower it just enough and get some spacers if needed. Don't have to go stanceboi slammed. Just enough to where the wheel gap isn't horrendous.
>>
That or get bigger tires, which is what I would do.
>>
Drop it
>>
>>17504638

Don't go with bigger wheels and tires. It'll bring your ride height up. Unless that's the 4x4 truck look you are looking for.

Do what these anon suggested.
>>17504642
>>17504654

There's no other way to fix since no matter what wheels you get your ride height will make your wheels look bad.

Don't go stance either. That's where the fender is up against the wheel lip.

Key is to get the fender to almost kiss the top of the tire without tuck. Leaving little to no fender gap.

I'd suggest to start with:
H&R sport springs, approx drop 1.8" front / 1.7" rear part # 51874

If ride quality isn't a problem to you then a lower profile tire will help the wheels look better. Going with 45 profile will make the wheel stand out and reduce that tire sag.
>>
>>17504939
That'll fix his fender gap at the top but not in front or behind the tire so he'll just have uneven gap. Bigger tires is the way to go. If he feels like the extra inch of clearance it adds on the bottom looks bad, put a skirt on it.
>>
Needs lowering. Nothing expensive, just some springs with a 30mm drop. The wheels are also bad, but that's more subjective. You need more closed/conservative wheels.
>>
Keep it stock, stupid.

Bigger tires would look good too, tho. Ground clearance and comfort > muh fitment
>>
>>17505368
this

Plus the way it is now you are less likely to accidentally ruin something under the car if you daily it.
>>
>>17504638
It's called 'suspension travel', stancefag.
>>
>>17505589
I just don't want my prelude to look like a fucking 4x4
>>17505368
That's why I don't want to lower it. It's all stock besides the wheels
>>17504939
This is helpful but
>>17504961
This is a good point
>>17504642
>>17504647
Probably just gonna get bigger tires, and some better wheels down the line. These came with the car.
>>
>>17504638
wheels on a honda should never be more than 16" (15" being ideal). just get some yonaka coilovers for god's sake
>>
File: 3rd_Gen_Prelude.jpg (71KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
3rd_Gen_Prelude.jpg
71KB, 736x552px
>>17504939
Not mine but pic related
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.