[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2002 civic engine swapped into a 2005 forenza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170423_224551.jpg (491KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_224551.jpg
491KB, 1440x2560px
I've never done anything so big as swapping an engine so i have no idea how to do it but ill give a little backstory. I have a 2002 civic that i flipped and insurance wont cover it. The engine is fine but otherwise its junk. So i found a 2005 suzuki forenza for $200 with a cracked head gasket. both cars are automatic and front wheel drive. I wanted to see if i could swap the engine but i dont know the first thing about it. Any help or insight would be appreciated as to how switchable these engines are.
>>
>>17500478
>flipping a car
please kill yourself. it takes a special kind of retard to do that.
>>
>>17500488
yeah. Im just a little stupid. It was a rainy night and I took a turn a little too fast
>>
>>17500478
>I have a 2002 civic that i flipped
How?
>>
>>17500496
rainy night and i was driving too fast
>>
>>17500519
>>17500493
So you spin out. How the fuck does it flip?
>>
>>17500519
Yeah but it's a CAR not a ford explorer. It is downright hard to flip a CAR. Did you slide into a kerb or something?
>>
>>17500532
yeah. I spun out and both driver side tires hit a curb and it just up-ended after that. Anyways does anyone know about the possibility of switching those engines
>>
>>17500543
It's a job that's too big for you if you have to ask if it's possible. Fabrication of motor mounts would be required, as well as adapting drivetrain pieces and a wiring mods.
>>
>>17500559
so besides those are you saying that it would fit between these two engines. Thats all i need to work with. I can figure everything else out but i need to know if its even worth it to buy that suzuki
>>
>>17500579
Yes it would fit, but that's the least of your problems. Adapting the driveshafts, mounting the motor, etc are far bigger issues.
>>
>>17500579
it's never worth it to buy a suzuki car.
>>
Nigger just save for a better car

Like a Lexus.
>>
>>17500585
You need to save for a bus pass, and then driving lessons. One does not simply flip their understeer prone compact unless they have a severe deficit of skill/capability. There's a reason why insurance didn't cover it, and you need to fix what's wrong with your driving long before you try to fix up/modify a car.
>>
>>17500478
It would be far cheaper and easier to fix the Suzuki. Sell the civic for parts.
>>
File: 1499480542322.jpg (39KB, 488x668px) Image search: [Google]
1499480542322.jpg
39KB, 488x668px
>>17500478
>>
>>17500478
Is it really that hard to buy a civic shell where you live?

In east PA area people are selling them for $500 all day.

Maybe we just have droves of african american gentlemen with a lead foot and severely misinformed expectations from F&F
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.