[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nissan Frontier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-Nissan-Frontier-626x382.jpg (60KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Nissan-Frontier-626x382.jpg
60KB, 626x382px
When the ever living fuck will Nissan redesign this dinosaur for the US? The Navarra has been redesigned since the 2014 model and has a diesel engine that American manufacturers are finally getting on board with. The mid-size truck market is supposedly worth continuing, especially since Toyota keeps a presence, GM is in the market, and Ford is returning relatively soon.

What the hell is their problem? I used to want to buy one of these things several years ago, but they've basically locked it away and forgot about it.
>>
>>17497833
Does Nissan still matter these days? When all they put out is shit? I know I passed them over when I was in the market for a new car.
>>
>>17497833

>What the hell is their problem?

They are tending to the American market.

If you notice, they tend to want shitty vehicles. The D40 didn't sell that well internationally to the point where the D22 was still being produced and was more popular until the D23 came along
>>
>>17497842

I'm an American, and yes we tend to gravitate for cheap plastic crap, and I don't think the model in my original pic (D40?) sold very well in the US market either, especially against the Tacoma.
I used to have a '98 4x4 model and loved the damn thing. Solid as a tank, but the motor was underpowered and they dropped the V6 motor from the '97, putting it back in i think in '99.

I just don't understand. I think they did well in refreshing the Titan, though in my opinion it's still an overpriced turd compared to Ford and GM --- even Ram --- full size trucks.
>>
File: IMG_1188.jpg (137KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1188.jpg
137KB, 800x533px
ROTW are 4-cylinder only.
This probably has something to do with it, that wouldn't fly in the US
>>
>>17497952
>that front end
I unironically like it but im not getting why they bothered making it look like an old square nose. that has to cost more than just fabbing a bumper for the standard front.
>>
>>17497833
what is the value proposition when going with nissan?
GM has better equipment and design, ford will likely match next year
toyota is already known for their reliability and offer the only light duty manual transmission in the US

the only thing nissan really has going for it is making that thing fucking cheap, and redesigning it will only make it expensive
>>
>>17497833
CAFE fuel standards have killed the small truck market in the states. Coupled with the fact that you can buy a full size for not much more, AND the profit margin is fuck-huge on fullsizes in comparison to small trucks, no one will put money into them.
>>
>>17498018

They have been selling off some base F150 2wd 2 door V6 old stock for 18,000 recently.

That's a fucking ridiculously good price in today's truck market and I wish I had contacts in the states I could get 2 and ship them in.
>>
>>17497833
Probably when they get around to releasing a new generation Z
>>
>>17498018
F-150 with the 5.0 will do 18mpg on average. Frontier with the 2.5 will do 22 mpg on average. And the Frontier is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

And the ecuckboost F-150s? They'll get about 22mpg on average and run rings around the Frontier. So Nissan needs to step it up or get rid of it.
>>
Plus it's - Nissan. It's all crap. I'd say Ferd has better build and parts quality at this point.
>>
Mercedes-Benz are going to release a pickup truck on the D23 platform. So I guess that's what they're up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ww8khzqBT4
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.