[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installing New Car Audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Class-D-3000w-Rms-Car-Amplifier.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Class-D-3000w-Rms-Car-Amplifier.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
The stock speakers in my car sucked, so I had them replaced at a car audio shop. I got jewed pretty hard by their service fees, but I am happy with the work they did.
However, my speakers would benefit from and amp, and I might as well put a subwoofer in along with it.
Should I save a few hundred dollars and try to install them myself?
What are the chances of me fucking something up?
>>
>>17493422
Pretty hard to fuck something up. If you do decide to get two amps (one for door speakers one for subs) you'll want to make sure the back of your head unit has enough rca outs.

You did waste money at that shop though since you'll have to re-run your speaker wire to the amp itself.
>>
>>17493422
Also I do recommend doing it yourself. A lot of car audio shops will butcher the wiring job because they're lazy and realize the owner will never see it.
>>
File: 1499442700185.jpg (67KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
1499442700185.jpg
67KB, 460x438px
I went to a car audio shop and get kept trying to impress me with super loud systems. I wasn't impress at all, I was seeking quality not volume.

Why is the car culture so obsessed with being loud as fuck? It's not good for your ears.
>>
>>17493731
If he's going 50 watts, then a 9wire to the head unit will work just fine. If he's going 75 and above then he will need to install all new gauge wire.

>>17495420
Audio shops are trash anyway. The speaker isn't going to sound proper unless it is in your car. Listening to a wall of speakers and subs won't give you an accurate representation of the speaker for your desired set up.
>>
Gonna be a realist here and say: if you were too dumb to install SPEAKERS yourself and actually paid a car audio shop for one of the most basic jobs in all of vehicle modification, you cannot install an amp/sub. It requires more knowledge and logic than "lol splice these wires together," and if you fuck up you could start an electrical fire.
>>
>>17495436
If he's looking for an amp for his door speakers then he'll need to run new wire anyway as the door speaker wires go straight into the amp instead of the back of the head unit. All that goes to the head unit will be the RCAs
>>
>>17495529
...That's what 9wire is for.
>>
>>17495650
Huh, never even heard of that before. Just Googled it. Neat shit thanks anon
>>
>>17496518
Yeah, no problem. It's a Godsend when it comes to installing amps and you aren't going much more than 50-60 watts, as well as if you want to stay incognito and keep the stock head unit, although it will work with a new rice head unit as well since it's the same wire connections.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.