[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do motorcycles go faster when the rider does a wheelie or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: mcla.02.lg.jpg (143KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mcla.02.lg.jpg
143KB, 800x450px
Do motorcycles go faster when the rider does a wheelie or is it just something that happens in videogames?
>>
>Posting the worst midnight club
>>
>>17492829
you absolute retard
>>
>>17492829
The other way around, games do it backwards. Bikes go faster to the point where they can do a wheelie
>>
less tire contact, less resistance
less tire contact, less traction

Just do some math nigga
>>
>>17493020
but doing the wheelie means the bike is less aerodynamic
>>17492975
couldn't find pics of 2 or 3 specifically doing a wheelie
>>
>>17493034
arguable.
If you take op's pic, the biker is not a drag factor anymore.
>>
>>17493020
More weight on the rear tire = more traction.
>>
>>17493020
Less aerodynamic, more resistance
>>
Shifting the weight of the motorcycle on to the rear tyre deforms the contact patch (larger), which increases the working area of the tyre

This increases the amount of work that can be done and also increases the threshold of tractive effort required to break traction (wheel spin)

In reality, a motorcycle accelerates fastest when the front tyre is slightly above the road surface (max weight on rear tyre = max contact patch), as steeper angles increase the surface area presented to the air stream (simplifed... but higher coefficient of drag)

A motorcycle already travelling at max speed will not go faster if wheelied, the forward force is in equilibrium against the forces of mechanical friction and aerodynamic drag (the latter of which increases exponentially with speed). Therefore increasing the drag coefficient will only increase the drag acting on the bike, slowing it down
>>
>>17492829
A good wheelie (I.e. not a 'chase it with the throttle until you run out of gear' wheelie) will have you maintaining a speed or slowly speeding up, rather than what's portrayed in video games.
>>
File: monsoni01.jpg (58KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
monsoni01.jpg
58KB, 580x435px
>>17493034
You didn't look very hard did you.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (18KB, 300x185px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
18KB, 300x185px
>>17497291
>>17493034
>>
>>17497291
oh man, this one got the nostalgia running in me
>>
Watch the Veyron vs s1000rr video on YouTube to answer your question. The bike wheelies even with the rider tucked because of the power
>>
>>17497291
S I L V E R
S C R E E N
>>
>>17497335
But does it go faster as a result?
>>
The further upward the bike is angled, the easier it is for the torque to overcome the gravitational force, while at the same time not measurably improving the traction from weight on the rear tire which is already solid simply from the weight shift during acceleration in the first place. So in conclusion is probably even worse than trying to stay flat during acceleration and is only done to look more dramatic, otherwise MotoGP riders would do wheelies during starts which they don't.
>>
>>17497291
SOMETHING FOR YOUR MIND
YOUR BODY
AND YOUR SOOOOUUUULLLLLLL
>>
>>17497367
>>17497454

The techno songs were fucking godawful in MC2 and MC3, MC1 was the only one with good ones
>>
File: 1498473615876.jpg (32KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1498473615876.jpg
32KB, 450x410px
>>17493020
What

Bikes aren't awd nigger
>>
Most riders are massive bitches when it comes to the acceleration of their machine and are unable to utilize its full potential. Just ask the next biker fag you see at the gas station about how fast their bike is. Then watch them. Most of the time I see other riders on the road and they're trying to go fast you can tell they're not using the machine to its full potential.

If you're accelerating at full throttle there front wheel will come off the ground. Doing a full blown wheelie when the goal is accelerating as fast as you can is stupid though.
>>
>>17498184
https://youtu.be/u-5U2OdgiX8?t=62
this doesn't seem like he's going to wheelie at all
>>
>>17497367
S W E E T S E D U C T I O N I N T H E M A G A Z I N E
>>17497471
You have weird taste in music. I'll agree on the the electronic songs being trash in three, but they were the best in 2. The original was weird. Not very memorable imo.

>>17497454
Best song
>>
>>17498184
>>17498201

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ome5yXofmPQ

Ricky G breaking it down for his class on the 14R, talks about front wheel hover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaOOLXTxewg
>>
>>17498551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCcPrz5Ayuk
>>
>>17498201
yeah cause that is only a 600cc. those aren't going to come up under their own power the same way a liter bike will
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.