[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese car advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: soarer.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
soarer.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
Hey /o/ i will be living in japan for about a year or more and will need to buy a car. Im a burger so i wanna pick up something that you cannot get in the US. I'm not going the skyline route because i wont have enough money. I was thinking of some less popular nip cars like a soarer. I dont want any suv/trucks im only interested in coupe/sedans. Maybe something comfy with a little bit of old school flare. What should i look into?
>>
File: IMG_1449.jpg (23KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1449.jpg
23KB, 280x210px
>>17488762
C33 Nissan Laurel. They're cheap, nice cars. Skyline drivetrain, S chassis suspension components.
>>
>>17488762
so you want to buy a japanese cars you have no clue about?

sounds like a good idea.... lol

fyi you if plan on exporting it to the US and re-selling, dont bank on it making profit.
>>
>>17488807
Looks pretty neat. Anything specific i should know about them?

>>17488824
im not planning on doing that. And also it doesnt sound like a great idea, but im going to experience new things. I love japanese cars so if im gonna be in the homeland why get something unique? Besides, it will be just for one year, so im not planning on doing much to it.

Again, i can see why it's a strange idea but i need a car there. Most of the cars i know about are gonna be too expensive for my budget.
>>
>>17488762
>hai guise I'm going to teach English xddddd wat kar is gud

kys
>>
File: ok.jpg (16KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
16KB, 350x200px
>>17488908
ok i will sounds like a good time
>>
>>17488762
>Hey /o/ i will be living in japan for about a year or more and will need to buy a car.

You don't need a car in most of Japan. And by most, I mean like 98% of it.

Are you going to teach English as part of the JET program or for a private company?
>>
>>17488908
Why are you so mad.
Subhuman ape
>>
>>17488958

It's JET, although I never mentioned I would be teaching English. Some anons just assumed.
>>
>>17488989
>although I never mentioned I would be teaching English

Yeah, so you're going to be a cultural coordinator or whatever they call it.

Are you getting free housing? Are you going to be somewhere urban or rural?

Between shaken, taxes, and fuel driving gets expensive. So, if you really want a unique car and you're not bringing it back, be prepared to basically just throw away a wad of cash.
>>
File: honda_cub_02.jpg (71KB, 450x312px) Image search: [Google]
honda_cub_02.jpg
71KB, 450x312px
>>17489008
This, get a ramenmobile and dump it in a river when you leave.
>>
>>17489008
I'm aware of the shaken and taxes, and I'm not receiving free housing. I know that it would be kind of a waste of money. I almost never waste money, so I was kind of hoping to splurge and have some fun. I won't get another opportunity to do something like this for a while, and for sure wont be able to drive a Japanese only car again. I know I can just get a kei car for like 500~1000 USD but I'm trying to have fun. I drive a boring car here already.
>>
>>17489042
you wont need a car in japan anyway
>>
>>17488762
>i wanna pick up something that you cannot get in the US
>a soarer
its literally a RHD lexus sc3/400
>>
File: 1499069855354.jpg (73KB, 652x858px) Image search: [Google]
1499069855354.jpg
73KB, 652x858px
>>17489042
a vehicular heart is your magic
>>
>>17489057
I wasn't taking about a z30
>>
Honda S660
>>
>>17488762
Toyota Century
>>
Mr2 gts
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.