[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LL8 Vortec 4200

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

have you guys ever heard of this engine, it's in a ton of suvs in junkyards around me, it is a dohc 4.2 liter inline 6 with a deep skirted block that apparently doesn't take boost too badly and makes 290hp stock
>>
What of it?
>>
>>17486629
nothing really, i just saw a bunch at the junk yards, thought huh inline 6 don't see those anymore, researched them and found out that they're quite stout and haven't been gobbled up by the boomers already because they aren't v8s
>>
File: lssupra.jpg (332KB, 2047x1154px) Image search: [Google]
lssupra.jpg
332KB, 2047x1154px
>>17486617
What does it weigh and how long is it? If you're going through the trouble to swap an engine like that you might as well go for the cliche ls route. It will probably fit better.
>>
>>17486653
i know, but the ls is all gone or insanely prices by me, also this has dohc, and i believe it has dimensions similar to the 2jz but i'll get back to you on that
>>
>>17486653
>>17486656
length- around 30 inches
width-21 inches
height-29 inches oil pan to top of valve cover
weight- 402lbs
>>
>>17486685
what's that
>>
>>17486685
>>17486688
yeah nevermind, i love the whole jdm thing but gm cars are prevalent where i'm at and the ls is an overpriced meme now so i looked for the next best thing
>>
>>17486653
2jz gte which is the only one worth building weighs 594lbs so the ll8 is lighter at 402
>>
>>17486685
cute anime girl

what is her name
>>
>>17486729
where would a burger like me find a tb engine, i like the ll8 but there are several 240s by me that it would feel wrong putting a chevy in
>>
>>17486734
that sucks i'm looking for the lowest cost possible so importing an engine will not be feasible unfortuneately, seems similar to the ll8, 4+ liters of displacement inline 6, will take boost well, makes power low in the rev range and completely over looked for some reason
>>
>>17486639
If they're cheap, and it won't fuck you financially, fucking pick one up and do a project build. I'd be interested in seeing what one of these could do in a light car.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.