[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I drive a diesel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 294x171px
I recently got an old mercedes 300sd turbo as my first car and its been taken good care of for the past 13 years. I love it but I feel like im driving it wrong bc whenever I go up a hill its speed drops like a fucking rock even when im flooring it. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>17485318
step 1: tune
step 2: nitrous
step 3: add another turbo
>>
Have you considered downshifting ?
>>
>>17485334
this.
shift down more often, you'll take advantage of diesel's added torque and pull up that hill

dont expect top speeds though, diesel engines were never meant to be that fast
>>
>>17485331
I don't think I'm gonna shell out that kind of money just so I can go up hills faster.
>>
>>17485385
>i am slow
you must be joking
>>
>>17485348
At what speeds should I be shifting at?
>>
>>17485408
Look at rpms, not speed. If you're bogging the engine at 1000 rpms up a hill you're doing it wrong and you're not going to have the torque to increase the speed in a timely manner while going up.
>>
>>17485408
>speeds
just shift down when you get to the hill and start accelerating again, the tach will go back up faster and you shift up once you get to wherever you want it to be for the next gear

it's basically like a normal manual except your engine is under added load from the hill, just go back down a gear or two and accelerate back up again

>>17485420
this as well.

basically what you're doing in a high gear on the hill is the same as trying to get moving in 5th gear while at a stop "why tf am i not moving manual too hard"
>>
Crack the top off the AFC on the pump (assuming it's a Bosch VE, which I'm sure it will be), once you pull the diaphragm out you'll see a spring sat in a threaded pedistel. Mark the pedistel then wind it down half a turn. When you reassemble it, have a look at the wedge shaped pin on the bottom of the diaphragm, you'll see where it's had something rubbing against the side of it. You want the steepest part of this wedge facing toward the front of the pump. Adjusting the spring will give the engine more fuel for a given amount of boost, and by using the steepest part of that wedge pin it will come on fuel faster.
>>
>>17485471
Sanefag here, before you start dicking with the pump check the basics. Check for boost leaks, check your fuel pickup and filters aren't all clogged up with diesel bug. Check the supply pressure from your lift pump. There may be a gauze hidden in one of the banjo bolts on the inlet to the pump (normally at the front of the pump if it's a VE) these can clog up and cause fuel delivery issues
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.