[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kind of apples to oranges, but im torn between getting one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: content.png (2MB, 797x913px) Image search: [Google]
content.png
2MB, 797x913px
kind of apples to oranges, but im torn between getting one of two ROADSTERS.

im currently driving an e30 and plan to sell it when i get a replacement. ive had 2 NA miatas in the past and miss driving one, so thats option A. however, im also considering trying something new and going for an s2k, as theres a clean one for what seems to be a decent price available in the area.

option A: 92 miata, sunburst yellow, 126k miles for $3200

option B: 2003 s2000, suzuka blue metallic, 122k miles, $6900

the minutae of the two isnt too important, both manual/clean titles/mostly stock. i plan on buying, driving for probably 2 years, then selling when i move. however, what i cant decide is whether to go back to a known quantity in the form of the miata or eat the higher cost of ownership (repairs/tires/insurance/etc.) and probably more money lost between buying/reselling and give the s2k a shot. i should probably go with the miata and save more money for a house down payment like a good little normie, but I wanted to get /o/s thoughts on the matter
>>
>>17484318
Get the Miata, the s2k isn't as fun even though it's a better car. Also Miata has more trunk space for what that's worth.
>>
The S2000 obviously.

INFINITELY more practical, choose the Miata if you have a tight budget though, it's bretty good as well.
>>
for what its worth re:practicality, i never carry anyone or anything around in my car and will mostly just be commuting to work and back (~10 miles interstate).

>>17484331
that being said im curious in what ways an s2k is infinitely more practical cause to me they both just seem like otherwise useless 2-seaters
>>
>>17484318
s2000 just for the engine
>>
>>17484365
>already had 2 NA miatas in the past
try something new then
>>
>>17484318
S2000 just because you've already owned Miatas.
>>
>>17484318
how about a mr2 spyder op
>>
>>17484890
im kind of turned off by how they look desu. ive been looking for AW11 mr2s but every single one i find is either insanely beat, automatic, or has a missing title
>>
File: 1498701544614.jpg (918KB, 2125x2125px) Image search: [Google]
1498701544614.jpg
918KB, 2125x2125px
>>17484591
>s2000 just for the engine
what about the transmition, its apparently god tier even to todays standards.
>>
>>17484318
i would go with the s2k, but i might be suspicious only bc it seems like the honda could bring in atleast $10k, unless the owner wants a really quick sale.
>>
S2000.

Somewhat relevant to the OP, why is "comparing apples to oranges" even a saying? Is there some reason they aren't comparable? Both are fruit. Apples are better.
>>
where do you find an s2k for 7k? all the AP1s go for 15k minimum now on s2ki,even if they range from 80k to 120k. wanted a Rio yellow s2k, but no way in hell am I paying 20k for that, rather just buy an FD with that.
>>
>>17485805
craigslist/fb market

>>17485787
yea it seems a bit cheap compared to other s2ks on craigslist in the area (southeast US), but the guy also listed only on fb market instead of craigslist so might be why its slow to move. or maybe its actually just a piece of shit car who knows

>>17485795
idk
>>
>>17485777
>these stickers
is that how shopping lists work nowadays?
>>
>>17485777
That roof looks good, is that your car?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.