[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muh sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: tesla-s-p90-02.jpg (468KB, 1400x795px) Image search: [Google]
tesla-s-p90-02.jpg
468KB, 1400x795px
I have always suspected, and it's now being borne out, that being "into" fast cars was nothing to do with performance, or handling, or engineering. It was about making loud noises and getting dirty and feeling manly.

Now that every car on the road can do 130mph, nobody cares. Now that electric cars/bikes out-accelerate everything else, nobody cares. Now that even Harley Davidson have electric models, nobody cares.

It was never about the engineering. It was about making noise, and being seen to make noise.

Formula One is as boring as fuck, since they keep making silly rules to dial everything back to "safety". Noisy cars are boring as fuck, since every decent car is whisper silent and can out-perform all the others. Even convertibles - why on EARTH is it at all fashionable to show the world that you can't afford air-con and would rather have every bug smacking you in the face?

Fact is, the ICE's days are numbered. Environmental factors, cost, wear on parts, etc. Almost every car on the road is technically better than a Formula One car from my parent's generation. You can't really speed anyway because of the cameras, and even when you do, they are designed so that it doesn't actually feel fast at all (a dangerous combination).

How about we get over "WOAH! CARS ARE BIG AND LOUD AND NOISY AND LOOK AT ME COMING!", finally?
>>
>>17483768
>every bug smacking you in the face

You know that the windshield still stays up? I personally like targas/t-tops better cause i just want an open roof, not an open roof, back, and side.
>>
There just isn't anything interesting about Tesla cars aside from the fact that they're electric. They're just appliances that happen to be fast. They're not particularly pretty or ugly, not something that hasn't been done before, and not even really that innovative.

And fuck those damned touchscreens.
>>
>>17483768
AC motors are for wimps, gotta go for that DC whine and torque. also, real electric cars are 2 speed gearboxes or 4 motors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwIsKC7ROQ
>>
>>17483768
Car people have never cared about 0-60 or top speed, it is and always has been about going fast round corners as that is where the fun is.
>>
>tfs turning my rumbling v8 on every morning

Justalphathings
>>
I used to love engine sound, but now I don't care about it as much. I prefer the silence of electric propulsion. A car doesn't have to be loud to be fast, and it makes the thought of a loud car less appealing.

I think my time of enjoying the ICE has passed.
>>
>>17486296
Fuck off Justin you queer
>>
>>17486307
:(
>>
>>17483768
Come back and talk fast when it posts a ring time faster than a 25k slowbaru.
>>
>>17483768
enjoy your no torque when the car is moving.
>>
File: 1493605464639.jpg (844KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1493605464639.jpg
844KB, 3000x2250px
The way I see it, the whole EV vs ICE debate is like comparing steel and wooden roller coasters. Yes, one may be better on paper, but if steel roller coasters were wholly better than wooden ones, you wouldn't see people still lining up for them, and new ones wouldn't be built.

The same thing can be applied to recreational driving. One is fun because of numbers, and the other is fun because of feels. At least from a recreational standpoint, EV and ICE are enjoyable for different reaaons, and I don't see why one has to take sides and give up the other.
>>
>>17486245
You can't assume that. Top speed and/or acceleration ability is a heavily coveted among any car's cult following. Just because you may not care too much about it, doesn't mean that the majority does not.
>>
My car is fast and quiet and I still don't want an electric car.
>>
>>17483768
>It's another tesla shill thread

No one is going to stop you buying your Dell laptop on wheels, Elon your lord and savior is planning on building 100,000's of Model 3s for you to choose from.
>>
File: american-psycho-bateman.jpg (62KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-bateman.jpg
62KB, 600x327px
>>17486373
>tried looking up the burgerking ring time for the S
>cant even make it round the track without going into limp dick mode after THREE MINUTES of being driven hard
>mfw all of my shitboxes since i passed my test can withstand more abuse than a £100,000 upscaled scalelectrix car.

this is the car that is going to kill the competition?
>>
>>17483768

>buy a convertible because "can't afford aircon"
>he doesn't put the A/C on while the roof is down to help combat global warming
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.