[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you wear protective gear when riding the bike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Biker goes down no sound.webm (3MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
Biker goes down no sound.webm
3MB, 406x720px
Do you wear protective gear when riding the bike?
>>
>>17481674
yeah
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px)
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17481674
I wear an ok amount of gear. Helmet, meme textile jacket with armor, legit leather gloves, and legit alpinestars boots. I got nothing for my legs besides jeans
>>
>>17481674
Did the turbulent air from that truck / driving with one hand at highway speeds cause the death wobble?

Is there a way to combat such a fate?
>>
>>17481686
I highly doubt it. I am willing to bet this was a result of some sort of mechanical failure. Heavy ass cruisers like that are not prone to wobbles the same way sport bikes are which have very light front ends
>>
File: IMG_0707.jpg (144KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.jpg
144KB, 640x616px
>>17481674
This made me cringe hard as fuck. Had a shitty 4 over DNA on a bike and every time I hit the smallest imperfection in the road that motherfucker would go into a death wobble from fucking hell. Had one close call that identical to this running 65-70 over an overpass. my left leg slipped off peg touced the ground and momentum carried my leg around to where my boot heel touched the back of my left shoulder. Shady as fuck.

But to answer the question all I wear is a full face. I've always thought incidents like this are self inflicted due to lack of maintenance.
>>
File: Robert_Downey_Jnr.jpg (20KB, 236x402px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Downey_Jnr.jpg
20KB, 236x402px
>>17481697
So death wobble is a thing - but you think this accident was maintenance related?

Also, are you a contorsionist? Very few people could do a heel-to-shoulder stretch (much less a violently forced one) without tearing muscles or ligaments.
>>
No, I'm not going to crash like a dumbass
>>
>>17481686
Could have hit some thing in the road to make the front wheel pop up and land back down out of line. Most tank slappers are caused by the front wheel losing traction and the regaining it out of line of the rear wheel.

Most people say when in doubt throttle out, pinning throttle will generally cause the bike to rear back, losing traction on the front wheel enough to where you can stabilize your steering.

However, depending on which gear you're in you may not have enough torque to do so, which case it's better to take your hands off the handlebars slow down and put your body weight on the rear wheel to get the bike to naturally steer itself. Fighting the handlebars in that situation may actually make things worse.
>>
>>17481674

He must have grinded his arm to the bone. Jesus christ.
>>
>>17481674
Full gear. It saved me the first time I fell off, and it'll presumably do so again.

Textile jacket and trousers, mostly-leather boots and gloves, mid-market full-face helmet.
Textile because I have learned the hard way that leather is not waterproof. It's also expensive as fuck, heavy, and has to be maintained.
>>
File: lel.png (92KB, 206x201px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
92KB, 206x201px
>>17481674
mfw
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.